Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading Issues

Solved!

Downloading Issues

I was using spotify one day when suddenly it glitched out. I exited the app and then tried to re-enter it but it kept on denying me. So, I uninstalled and deleted it. After that, I tried to re-install it but it wouldn't work. Whenever I tried to re-install it'd always say 'The installer is unable to install Spotify because the files to be written are in use by another process. Please make sure Spotify is not running and retry.' I can still use the website spotify and play music there, but I like using the app much better as I can add photos to my playlists, etc. I've tried over a dozen times to re-install the app and i've  made sure that all previous installer exe's are all deleted, I've also gone into the control panel to make sure all things with spotify have been deleted. Help!  

Platform:

Windows

spotify.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @blueshadow10110,

Welcome to the Community!

We'd recommend restarting your computer in safe mode with networking enabled (usually accessible by pressing F8 during boot-up) and try deleting all files containing Spotify again from there before downloading and installing Spotify from the Windows Apps store.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @blueshadow10110,

Welcome to the Community!

We'd recommend restarting your computer in safe mode with networking enabled (usually accessible by pressing F8 during boot-up) and try deleting all files containing Spotify again from there before downloading and installing Spotify from the Windows Apps store.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

**bleep**! Thank you so much! It totally worked.

Suggested posts