Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ipanasenko
  • 77 replies
  • 27 likes
  • 77 replies
  • 27 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rednblu
  • Roadie
  • 271 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 271 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

The Mystical 1%

Does anybody else here think that the "1%" of users that Spotify spokespeople keep referencing is a flat-out lie? This "1%" is continually referenced as to why the devs refuse to consider features. Some features get hundreds of votes - even hundreds ...

• Roadie
  • ...etail; an excuse that which customers will never be able to check for authenticity.   Even if they know it's untrue.     Sadly, Spotify seems to have a terrible record of public r...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1%
    devs
    features
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify plays on my headphones but not on speakers

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHey there. I have been looking over this issue that I have to no solution. Here is how my PC is set up: Headphones are connected through the front panel (so is the mic) and the...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hey there. I have been looking over this issue that I have to no solution. Here is how ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution No way to dislike / block a song on a playlist

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI wanted something to listen to this afternoon while doing some work, and started a suggested playlist the fit the bill - Canadian Weekend At one point it started playing a song t...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I wanted something to listen to this afternoon while doing some work, and started a suggested playlist the ...
  • Dreamspirals
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

[Windows 10] Playlist Cover/discription

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI've recently started a weekly playlist and I create graphics for the playlist cover art weekly using Photoshop with my logo. For whatever reason, this week th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I've recently started a weekly playlist and I create graphics for the playlist cove...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • cover
    Cover Art
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Family Mix options for the Desktop Version

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to see those different options for the "Family Mix" playlist in the desktop app? On my phone I can choose between "chill" and "upbeat" but I can't find it on my laptop for example.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,  I was wondering if there is a way to see those different options for the "Family Mix" playlist in the desktop app? On my phone I can choose between "chill" and "upbeat" but I can't find...
  • Georgioooo
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist stops after a few songs...

often in the middle of a song as well... i tried the sign everyone out "solution" but it didn't make the least bit of difference.... setup - pc (windows 10), spotify desktop, pc connected to avr... how do i fix this?

• Music Fan
  • often in the middle of a song as well... i tried the sign everyone out "solution" but it didn't make the least bit of difference....   setup - pc (windows 10), spotify desktop, pc connected to...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Clicking on like from spotify pc does not work when song is playing on LG webos TV

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI was playing spotify on my LG WebOS TV (Model no: 43UJ75). At the same time, I was working on Windows laptop. So was trying to control spotify from my laptop. While ne...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country India Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I was playing spotify on my LG WebOS TV (Model no: 43UJ75). At the same time, I was working ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Windows] Spotify jump from one song to the next song

PlanPremium Family CountrySwitzerland Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issueif i click on play, Spotify jump from one song to the next and to the next, till the playlist or Radio is finished, after a few seconds i reinstalled Spotify and cle...

• Plan Premium Family   Country Switzerland   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue if i click on play, Spotify jump from one song to the next and to the next, til...
  • Ulises2
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Friend Activity displaying wrong information

PlanPremiumCountryHungaryDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo I've noticed as of recently that the playlist/artist/album, the 3rd line below every friend in the Friend Activity is sometimes displaying just outright wrong informat...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Hungary Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So I've noticed as of recently that the playlist/artist/album, the 3rd line below every friend...
  • Emryss
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

New folder not adding to local files

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo I have had no issue adding songs to local files in the past, and yesterday tried to add another album. Unfortunately, it just doesn't seem to want to go into local f...

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So I have had no issue adding songs to local files in the past, and yesterday tried to add a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Developers really follow troubles here?

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceHP desktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIs it true that developers follow the issues presented here? I'm asking because after TWO MONTHS the same problem continues.A strange update took place in the app ...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device HP desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Is it true that developers follow the issues presented here?   I'm asking beca...
  • ItzhakHotz
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes
  • alphabetical sorting
    desktop update for windows
    disappearing features
    search for songs inside a playlist
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes

Local Files show wrong Playtime

Whenever i place a Local File Song into a Playlist, it just shows a way longer Playtime than it should, for example a 4 Minute songs, tells me its 7 Minutes long How can i fix this? also, can only official Artists set a Playlist into an Album? Thank ...

• Regular
  • Whenever i place a Local File Song into a Playlist, it just shows a way longer Playtime than it should, for example a 4 Minute songs, tells me its 7 Minutes long   How can i fix this?   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Bullet Records
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot add songs from a OneDrive folder

Spotify cannot read files (local files) from OneDrive folder. It used to work and it's still working with other folders (e.g. DropBox) but not OneDrive. It has stopped working for a few weeks now. The songs imported earlier are still there but new fi...

• Regular
  • Spotify cannot read files (local files) from OneDrive folder. It used to work and it's still working with other folders (e.g. DropBox) but not OneDrive. It has stopped working for a few weeks now. Th...
  • bartm
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 12 likes
  • Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 12 likes

Superuser Contribution Ich kann keine Quellen hinzufügen.

LandÖsterreichGerätDesktop-PCBestehtWindows 10 Meine Frage lautet: Warum sind bei mir so viele Einstellungen weck?Ich habe meine Einstellungen auch mit einem Freund verglichen und wir haben gesehen, dass bei mir verlorenen Einstellungen bei ihm vorha...

• Casual Listener
  •   Land Österreich Gerät Desktop-PC Besteht Windows 10    Meine Frage lautet: Warum sind bei mir so viele Einstellungen weck?Ich habe meine Einstellungen auch mit einem Freun...
  • __Donnix__
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to edit any of my own playlists

PlanPremium CountryIndia DevicePC Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueUnable to do the following: 1) Select all songs in a playlist for bulk actions via Edit --> Select All / Ctrl + A2) Change the order of the songs in any playlists of my ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country India   Device PC   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Unable to do the following:  1) Select all songs in a playlist for...
  • hashtagbirdman
  • Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    edit
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs wont show up in playlist/no songs play

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue No songs searched up will play and absolutely nothing shows up in my playlists. Ive have many songs in each of my playlists, theyre now all empty. I've tried reinstalli...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  US Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  No songs searched up will play and absolutely nothing shows up in my playlists.&nb...
  • Xenia
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

[BROWSE] Browse menu doesn't load anything

PlanFamily PremiumCountryIndonesiaDevicePC (Desktop)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo it happened since 8 days ago. My Browse menu didn't load anything. I checked my internet connection and it was fine. I've tried to reinstall it a fe...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Family Premium Country Indonesia Device PC (Desktop) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So it happened since 8 days ago. My Browse menu didn't load anythin...
  • exo005
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Browse
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! What is wrong with the latest Spotify version?

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceWindows 10Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAlright guys, the latest Spotify version seems like a bit of a late April Fool joke, it looks absolutely bad, most features are gone, can't even create collaborat...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Windows 10 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Alright guys, the latest Spotify version seems like a bit of a late April Fool joke, i...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify desktop app stops playing when entering games

So I've been using Spotify for ages now, never had any problems with it. Since yesterday, whenever Spotify is playing and I enter a fullscreen game, the track stops and then proceeds to stutter-skip through songs until I pause it. The app works fine ...

• Visitor
  • So I've been using Spotify for ages now, never had any problems with it. Since yesterday, whenever Spotify is playing and I enter a fullscreen game, the track stops and then proceeds to stutter-skip ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Artist removed from 'listers also like' similar artists

My artist 'Ben Potter' shares similar artists to a large number of artists in the same genre. So if you go here: https://open.spotify.com/artist/7MgoxvbWh0Svv2Yqt0V2iX?si=aVXNxKRZTFq1nYjM0_rkAg and click on 'fans also like' you'll see that my most re...

• Visitor
  • My artist 'Ben Potter' shares similar artists to a large number of artists in the same genre. So if you go here: https://open.spotify.com/artist/7MgoxvbWh0Svv2Yqt0V2iX?si=aVXNxKRZTFq1nYjM0_rkAg&...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes