Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bug (regression): Spotify Windows song progress control does not reset on new song

Bug (regression): Spotify Windows song progress control does not reset on new song

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy note 8

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The progress control has been broken with remote play for many months now.  It used to work fine.  

Repro:

1 - Begin playing spotify music on my Galaxy note 9 

2 - open spotify on windows - note the progress control - it shows the correct name of song and the correct length on the right

3 - double-click on one of the songs on the playlist

Result: The correct music begins to play, but the progress control does not update.  It still shows the previous song at the previous song's position and length.  

Screenshot 1:  This is what I see on opening spotify - the currently playing song is correctly highlighted and the progress control is correct. 

Screenshot 2:  This is what I see after double-clicking the 3rd song in the list.  The correct music is playing from my phone, but the progress control is wrong.

2 Replies

Hey there @EricJorgensen!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community! We'll be happy to help you sort this out.

We're afraid that the screenshots you've attached aren't showing up for us, could you resend them so that we could take a closer look?

In the meantime, you could start with a clean reinstall of the app on your computer with the steps here to make sure that all old files that might be causing trouble are gone.

It's also important that you re-download it from the Microsoft store.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks, I followed the instructions to uninstall/reinstall Spotify on both
my phone and computer. This corrected the problem for a little while, then
it came back. ( This is similar to behavior I've seen before - sometimes it
would work for a bit, then it would stop working). I do switch on and off
a VPN because of work, and this might have an effect, but I've observed it
working and not working both on and off the VPN.

Screen shots attached.

Suggested posts