NEXT STEP

[Bug][Desktop][Android] Hide this song hasn't worked for 9 months

[Bug][Desktop][Android] Hide this song hasn't worked for 9 months

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

(Google Pixel, Samsung Note 8, Custom PC, MSI Laptop)

Operating System

(Android **bleep**-name, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

On the playlist radio the "Hide this song" button does f-all. Not a single thing. Android used to block the song. Now it says that it won't play the song, while the song continues to play. Skip the song and hear it again an hour later.

There are 4 previous reports on this same issue, and a thread on reddit, all from August. I first ran into this problem in May of 2019 and took it to twitter support. Nothing happened. The thread from August gets solved with another thread. That thread doesn't describe the same problem.

I haven't used spotify radio in about two months because of this. I'm really just looking for you to confirm that you don't care, so I can cancel my membership and move on to a program that works.

4 Replies

Hello @nomzod

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

The Don't play this icon_no.png button is currently available only in Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists. 

Please, check this idea. If that's something you're interested in, make sure to add your +VOTE there and subscribe to the topic. That way you'll be notified with all the future updates on that case. 

Here and here are some additional idea that might interest you. 

If you still see the button in other playlists, I'd recommend performing clean reinstall of your Spotify app. It's different than regular reinstallation.
Just find your device in this article and follow the steps provided there.

Have a great day!

Cool, this is normal behavior and what I would expect from an app. Instead
I'm going to cancel my subscription. If in the future there's a way to stop
music that drives me up a wall from playing I might pick it back up.

Months later Ive decided to branch out with other playlists, etc, and its maddening. Search and load up stuff on PC fine. Pull up my android, no history. Listen to stuff on my android, check PC, no history.

Android has a hide song, not sure if it works yet but i found this thread because sure enough I play this list on pc and song played. I cant find hide anywhere.

my day seems to consist of finding a playlist i like, creating a playlist, manually adding the ones I like, etc.

So much work. Makes me wonder why we stopped using napster and torrents.

Hey there @Thelgow,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Rest assured that we'll look into this and do our best to help you out.

When it comes to checking the history on your phone, you can give these steps a go. Keep in mind that the listening history is saved locally, so you won't find songs that you've been playing on your phone in your Desktop app History and vice-versa.

Right now, the option to block an artist from being played or hiding songs in playlists created by other users can only be enabled on phone or tablet. There's more info on that here. If the songs you blocked on your phone are still playing on the Desktop app, we'd suggest you log out on the Desktop app and then log back in for the changes to take effect.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, you know where to find us 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts