Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] "Don't Like Button" should be added to all sections

Hello everyone,

I am not sure why it keeps changing between updates, although in the past Daily Mixes have the Like & Dislike button. But this time around it has been completely removed and is only available Under Your Weekly Discovery.

It would be nice if the "Don't Like Button" was added everywhere, from Weekly Discovery, Daily Mixes, even when searching specific songs, albums, genres etc. to better filter our music preferences.

Also I find on Android on the drop down menu the Don't like button rarely ever works and have to enter the app directly. Like always works perfectly fine.

I would appreciate it if this could be considered.

Thank you

Updated on 2020-05-04

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

raenedayz

In addition, it would be great if we could 'dislike' an artist as a whole. There are some I really don't like and they keep showing up in my Daily Mixes and the autoplay playlists following them. I listen to Spotify while I'm working and can't always skip a track when it starts and certainly don't have time to scroll through the list each time it updates to 'remove from queue' each song that comes on. And maybe add a place where we can view everything we disliked in case we change our minds later or accidentally dislike a song and don't catch it quickly enough for the old undo button.

Please consider this when reviewing the above new idea. Thank you!

AKLeximusPrime

There is a similar post here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Dislike-button-everywhere/idi-p/4815279

Spotify, please find a way to join these so the community can get credit for all the votes. The only difference between these posts is one is under "All Platforms" and the other is under "Desktop."

Obviously, it would make most sense to do it for all platforms, but because of the way you guys decide to implement things (# of votes), we need you to count them jointly! It is the same purpose, even if it's under a different post.

SPOTIFY please listen! What if I have any songs that I can't stand, but need to mark dislike immediately? For example, I dislike "I don't Care by Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber" (sorry if you are a fan of this) but I can't dislike it by searching it up!

EmiliaOagi

Please add this, I keep getting a song I utterly hate in generated playlists because I often listen to a playlist that I do not control that features that song. I skip it EVERYTIME it plays, but each play has affected my playlist stats and I have to hear it more and more,  and it's very irritating to not be able to make it as "do not like". It's throwing off my playlist stats, because apparently skipping songs doesn't affect the repeat listen and year-end stats.

djMaximizer

I'd like to suggest that after I dislike a track, it doesn't play in any playlists.
It would be nice to have these tracks turn gray (UN-highlighted).

Also, in addition, it would be convenient not to offer in the recommended tracks, which I have already put a dislike, I'm a DJ and if in the recommended tracks there were only new compositions similar to my current playlist, I would use this method very often - it would be super to look for similar tracks. Now I include recommended tracks only occasionally and often there are many tracks-repetitions.

And lastly, I’d like to see the dislike button in regular playlists

Mquartz

Please let us use a dislike button/function across all playlists pages etc.  I can not stand another Drake *&(%$$^ song. That's all he seems to know how to do is swear.  His music**bleep**!

Mquartz

Oh isn't that nice I get censored and you let all the "artists" swear sometimes thru their whole song.

klaygor

C'mon Spotify less of the silly decisions please! Give us the like and dislike buttons for every song in every context.

bananaslug

YES thank you. It is so annoying how I can only click "hide in this playlist". And even then, songs I hide still show up on my Spotify app on my PC which is extremely frustrating. Furthermore, my PC Spotify app doesn't even give me the option to "hide" a song from a playlist, I have to open the app up on my phone and do it separately.