Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delayed group session

Solved!

Delayed group session

Hey guys, 

I have issue with group session. When we are listening with my friends - i have 3 seconds song ahead.. and the others got song normally. When song end's, spotify just play me random song for those 3 seconds becouse of being ahead... No equializer, nothing... And happening all the time

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @EndruOkey,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community 🙂

Keep in mind that Group Sessions are now remote, so everyone will listen to the music on their own device and it might be expected to see some delay.

If you'd like to avoid this and you're listening with others in the same place, you can enable the option to listen on the same speaker. The session's host needs to send an invite for the speaker as mentioned in this reply. 

Lastly, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. Group Session is in Beta and it will continue to improve in the future.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @EndruOkey,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community 🙂

Keep in mind that Group Sessions are now remote, so everyone will listen to the music on their own device and it might be expected to see some delay.

If you'd like to avoid this and you're listening with others in the same place, you can enable the option to listen on the same speaker. The session's host needs to send an invite for the speaker as mentioned in this reply. 

Lastly, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. Group Session is in Beta and it will continue to improve in the future.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Guys,

My buddy and I want to listen to music without delay when he's at home and I'm at mine.

Whenever we start a Spotify session, he's 3 seconds ahead of me.

Please fix that problem.

I'd like to second this! Not a software engineer, so I'm not aware of the limitations y'all face, but if you could find a way to significantly reduce latency, the group session feature would be dramatically more useful. (I.e. BYO headset silent disco events would be amazing)

Mines a problem cause I am a minute and thirteen seconds ahead of my friend. that's not just normal "latency" 

Jam has an 8 second delay behind host

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10 pro

My Question or Issue

When joining a jam and a new song plays after 8 seconds, it will reset for the listener but not the host, resulting in there being an 8-second delay. A temporary fix found was for the host to simply pause and play the song, but obviously, that is a pain.

cross fade and automix are disabled.

both on PC windows 10.

it was noticed in a discord call so the delay might be bit off.

not tested if a phone joining a PC works differently.

not performed a clean install.

not tested if a diffenet host works.

Justed wanted to get an issues report out ASAP as ive not seen it reported here yet

Everytime I play a jam session with my friend he starts at 22 seconds and I start at 0... Even when I or He puts it on 0  he jumps 22 seconds ahead, also when he goes to the next song it glitches out for 20 or so seconds till I catch up to the next song 

PC
Win11

When i enter someone else Jam my spotify jumps 1 min ahead, just on PC.
I already uninstalled and installed again 3 times but it doesn't work.

In my smartphone the Jam works.

Hey there!

I have an idea.

Try opening Windows Settings, and search for Time. Click on the first result, and then click the Sync Time button.

See if that helps.

kaworu_bloodpaw_0-1711688004039.png

you are the G.O.A.T!

Suggested posts