Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liked Songs playlist does not match Songs playlist on Desktop

Liked Songs playlist does not match Songs playlist on Desktop

After the recent update to Spotify the user experience has fallen below the expectations of a long-time premium subscriber. I mainly use Spotify by liking a song and listening to the playlist of songs that I've previously liked on my PC and iPhone. After the new update this is no longer seamless. The Liked Songs playlist on my phone (which seems up to date) does not match with the Songs playlist on my Desktop (which is missing all songs added after May 6th.

After looking through the Community it seems like this was intentional? Why those playlists have different names on different devices in the first place is unintuitive and a burdensome design choice. What gives? For an app as sophisticated as Spotify that allows me to play and pause music on one device while listening from another device in real time, something like syncing a playlist of songs that a user has liked should be simple. Why even have the Like feature standardized across all platforms if the result of liking a song is conditional on the device one is using?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone X, Windows PC

Operating System

iOS 10, Windows 10

2 Replies

I am having the same issue I decided I wanted a playlist with all my songs from each different playlist and it seemed to be easiest to do on my laptop since I can just go down the line and click the heart button next to each song. But I went to listen to my "liked songs" playlist on my phone in the car, and there are only 12 songs on it, but there's 1,332 songs on the one that's on my laptop. This sucks 

Hey @whatnottist and @8b07r-726_rvg,

Thanks for reaching out to us.  We're sorry to hear you feel this way and we'd love to help you out.

It's a good idea to start off by restarting the device. Then you can log out and log back in to the account.

If that doesn't help, we'd suggest to give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

Keep us in the loop! If you have more questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts