Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Desktop constantly offline (no internet connection detected) AND problem displaying pages

PlanFreeCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify Desktop constantly goes offline (no internet connection detected, error code 4) AND problem displaying pages, especially for pages such as Browse and Podcast. Checked fi...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify Desktop constantly goes offline (no internet connection detected, error code 4) AND problem d...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

automatic downloading when Opening spotify

EVERYTIME I open spotify on my pc (Premium account!), it starts downloading a great amount of songs. Why is that ?This takes time and sometimes I discover (too late) that my iphone has lost it's downloads.Jan

• Casual Listener
  • EVERYTIME I open spotify on my pc (Premium account!), it starts downloading a great amount of songs. Why is that ? This takes time and sometimes I discover (too late)  that my iphone has lost i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bring back the Appears On section you **bleep**ing **bleep**s

How incompetent and mentally deficient do you have to be to get rid of such a necessary feature you brain-dead dipshits? I will **bleep**ing stop paying you right now if you're gonna do **bleep** like this just to make things harder. **bleep** you.

• Visitor
  •   How incompetent and mentally deficient do you have to be to get rid of such a necessary feature you brain-dead dipshits? I will **bleep**ing stop paying you right now if you're gonna do **ble...
  • PrettyMuchSwiss
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Missing Functionality

 PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceStationary PCOperating SystemWindows 10 pro x64 My Question or Issuei am using spotify on a windows and android device.only the android device offers me "normal" functionality. the windows app is missing the following:...

• Casual Listener
  •     Plan Premium Country Germany Device Stationary PC Operating System Windows 10 pro x64   My Question or Issue i am using spotify on a windows and android device. only the an...
  • AR0001
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Search results show as icons instead of a list

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueHi all!I've recently managed to do something that drives me crazy. All my search results on my pc show up as icons arranged in rows and columns with annoying thumbnails for...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Hi all! I've recently managed to do something that drives me crazy. All my search results on my pc sho...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

SPOTIFY WILL NOT PLAY MORE THAN 5 ARTISTS

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceWINDOWS 10 PC My Question or IssueI have been a premium Spotify member for YEARS. At least 4 or 5 years now. First of all, Spotify's dowturn started when they removed the "Songs" tab, showing all the songs you have by saved...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device WINDOWS 10 PC   My Question or Issue I have been a premium Spotify member for YEARS. At least 4 or 5 years now. First of all, Spotify's dowturn started wh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New Spotify UI cannot edit spotify playlists

PlanFreeDeviceWorkstationOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI understand you guys have the A/B testing for Spotify, and unfortunately I was picked to have to open Spotify with a new UI that doesn't allow me to EDIT even a simple PLAYLIST ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Device Workstation Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I understand you guys have the A/B testing for Spotify, and unfortunately I was picked to have to open Spo...
  • neutunegena
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

HELP! New User to Spotify- Can't Find Local File Option in Settings for adding local owned CDS

New User to Spotify- Can't Find Local File Option in Settings anywhere for adding local owned CDS? One message said start a playlist and then add songs but again there is no option to import local ripped CD MP3? Loaded IPhone App and cannot find any ...

• Visitor
  • New User to Spotify- Can't Find Local File Option in Settings anywhere for adding local owned CDS?  One message said start a playlist and then add songs but again there is no option to import lo...
  • Antonio_himself
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Slow response and more issues

PlanPremiumCountryTHDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueFrom today's silent update, my Desktop app has ran into various issues, however, the original desktop UI still remains. Album order: The album is not sorted correctly, even...

Screenshot_19.png
  • Regular
  • Plan Premium Country TH Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue From today's silent update, my Desktop app has ran into various issues, however, the original desktop U...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution What happened to the playlist? Cant sort my songs anymore. Win 10

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceAndroidOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhat happened to the playlist? Cant sort my songs anymore.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Android Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue What happened to the playlist? Cant sort my songs anymore.
  • flocki
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot search, sort or filter

PlanPremiumCountryEuropeDevicePCOperating SystemWindows My Question or IssueHello all, My Spotify has updated and the new interface does not allow me to search, filter or sort songs - basically I have lost all control over my liked songs or my playli...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Europe Device PC Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue Hello all,  My Spotify has updated and the new interface does not allow me to search, filter...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • filter
    Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume VERY-HIGH On Start Up of app...

Hello Community Members...When I start the app and play the music...The volume starts at about 86 points VERY - LOUD and I have to turn down the volume STRAIGHT AWAY to a lower level...Want to try and have the STARTUP - VOLUME to be much lower (At ab...

• Visitor
  • Hello Community Members... When I start the app and play the music... The volume starts at about 86 points VERY - LOUD and I have to turn down the volume STRAIGHT AWAY to a lower level... Want to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Forced Beta that Removes Features from the Desktop Spotify Client, wth ARE YOU GUYS DOING?

"At Spotify, we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features." You mean like removing half the functionality of your desktop client and watching your community skitz out about it for 3 weeks while sitting on your hands? Why would you ...

• Regular
  • "At Spotify, we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features."   You mean like removing half the functionality of your desktop client and watching your community skitz out abou...
  • Danger597
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Can't add songs below a playlist

Spotify on Desktop had a feature that I could add similar songs right below the feed of the current playlist. Why was this removed? This was a useful feature. PLEASE STOP UPDATING AND REMOVING USEFUL THINGS for no reason. Spotify please, if you're go...

• Regular
  • Spotify on Desktop had a feature that I could add similar songs right below the feed of the current playlist. Why was this removed? This was a useful feature. PLEASE STOP UPDATING AND REMOVING USEFUL...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I cannot sort songs in a playlist or my "liked songs".

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI cannot sort my songs alphabetically or search for songs in the playlist. Maybe I just don't know how to use the new destop app. Can somebody help me? It's really anno...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Australia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I cannot sort my songs alphabetically or search for songs in the playlist. Maybe I j...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Auto Update Fails

I'm having problems with Spotify, using the actual program (not browser) from within Windows 7.When I start it, it tries to update. The update fails with an error code 12 insufficient memory or disk space.My PC has 8GB ram and over 100gb free storage...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having problems with Spotify, using the actual program (not browser) from within Windows 7. When I start it, it tries to update. The update fails with an error code 12 insufficient memory or dis...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [PodCasts][Desktop] Create a downloadable playlist.

Platform: Downloaded client.Plan: PremiumCountry: CanadaDevice: Desktop PCOperating System: Windows 10 PCMy Question or Issue:I've recently begun to experiment and dip my feet into the waters of Podcasts. I've favourited several different shows, some...

• Visitor
  • Platform:  Downloaded client. Plan:  Premium Country:  Canada Device:  Desktop PC Operating System:  Windows 10 PC My Question or Issue: I've recently begun to experi...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot find an album from app/web, only via Google

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceLenovo Thinkpad T470s, LG G7 ThinQOperating SystemWindows 10 with Firefox 76.0.1 (64-bit), Android 9 My Question or IssueI am unable to find an album using the aplication for Windows, web or Android. The album is:Play Th...

2020-05-20 18_28_11-play the blues spotify - Google Search.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Lenovo Thinkpad T470s, LG G7 ThinQ Operating System Windows 10 with Firefox 76.0.1 (64-bit), Android 9   My Question or Issue I am unable to find an ...
  • mussum
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Search
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app can't connect to android

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDeviceDell G3 3579Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi, my Spotify app that I downloaded from the Spotify's official web page can't connect to my Android phone. This problem actually started last year but I tho...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device Dell G3 3579 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, my Spotify app that I downloaded from the Spotify's official web page can't co...
  • Reyss
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

If I link my songs through the "local files" feature, does that mean I can now delete those files?

PlanPremium/CountryUSADeviceComputer and AndroidOperating SystemWindows 10 and Android 10 My Question or IssueHi, I recently found around 15gb of old music on my computer, so I used the "local files" feature to import the songs. Can someone explain h...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium/ Country USA Device Computer and Android Operating System Windows 10 and Android 10   My Question or Issue Hi, I recently found around 15gb of old music on my computer, so...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes