Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • angrysptfyuser
  • Regular
  • 195 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 195 replies
  • 16 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Compact Library Layout.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

Is converting (some) local files to streaming files.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 8 I spend a bunch of time editing the ID3 tags for my local files. With some files however, Spotify ignores the local file info and grabs info like artist, track name, etc from the streaming servic...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 8   I spend a bunch of time editing the ID3 tags for my local files. With some files however, Spotify ignores the local file ...
  • zerodivide85
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Search, "Oops something went wrong" Only when logged in.

OS: Windows 10/ Droid(All browsers, All apps)So for about a year I have been searching for songs and artists while logged off, log in and add them to playlists and the like.Why? Because when I log in I get a "Oops.." Notification in the search but NO...

• Regular
  • OS: Windows 10/ Droid (All browsers, All apps) So for about a year I have been searching for songs and artists while logged off, log in and add them to playlists and the like. Why? Because whe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I don't listen anything in spotify app for windows (spanish)

CountryMéxico Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueNo se escucha nada en la aplicación de escritorio de windows 10, aparece que la canción se esta reproduciendo, pero no se escucha nada, ya revisé los dispositivos de salida de audio y todos...

• Visitor
  • Country México   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue No se escucha nada en la aplicación de escritorio de windows 10, aparece que la canción se esta reproduciendo, per...
  • OneByBoo
  • Rising Star 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Friend Activity Feed - Stopped Working Again

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceDell LaptopOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueFriends who were showing on the activity feed have simply disappeared. A few were left but then after doing some updates on Windows that some also varnished... I have ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Dell Laptop Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Friends who were showing on the activity feed have simply disappeared.  A few were lef...
  • sarahleggett
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Friend Activity Feed
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify freezes my computer when i use google or social medias

Greetings to all, a few days ago i discovered a problem that got me nervous, when i play spotify in my computer and i use google to visit any social media or whatever, my computer freezes with the music and after a few seconds it restarts... i dont t...

• Casual Listener
  • Greetings to all, a few days ago i discovered a problem that got me nervous, when i play spotify in my computer and i use google to visit any social media or whatever, my computer freezes with the mu...
  • agustinz98
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Tried to Create New Account and Family Facebook Account is Defined Already

PlanFreeCountry Device Operating System Windows 10(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI wanted to open a Spotify account and tried using a browser on desktop computer. No one in family should have one. My wife and I share an e...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country   Device   Operating System  Windows 10 (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I wanted to open a Spotify account and tri...
  • OneByBoo
  • Rising Star 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Travis Scott's Album Birds in the trap sing Mcknight Explicit isn't available in Egypt

PlanFreeCountryEgyptMy Question or IssueTravis Scott's Album Birds in the trap sing Mckinght Explicit version isn't available in Egypt, why is that?also a few other Explicit tracks aren't available here in Egypt, VPN required to be able to hear the E...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Egypt My Question or Issue Travis Scott's Album Birds in the trap sing Mckinght Explicit version isn't available in Egypt, why is that? also a few other Explicit tracks aren't...
  • OneByBoo
  • Rising Star 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify just play for 30 seconds then stop

Hi, unfortunatly it was immpossible to send a message with your **bleep** system. I decided after more than one hour spent for nothing here to change. I'll stop using Spotify and will go to Deezzer.Bye

• Visitor
  • Hi, unfortunatly it was immpossible to send a message with your **bleep** system. I decided after more than one hour spent for nothing here to change. I'll stop using Spotify and will go to Deezzer. ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Rising Star 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can no longer organize the songs in my playlists

PlanFamilyCountryUSDeviceCrappy windows surfaceOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI used to use my computer to reorganize my playlists by clicking and dragging the songs in the playlist. Now I can't figure out how to move them. Multiple p...

• Regular
  •   Plan Family Country US Device Crappy windows surface Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I used to use my computer to reorganize my playlists by clicking and dr...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • order
    organization
    organize
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! [Windows] Giant album covers

PlanPremium (family pack)CountryBelgiumDeviceAcer LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 (desktop app) My Question or IssueAll of the album covers in the app are giant. I've added an example of the homescreen in the attachments but it's like this everywher...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium (family pack) Country Belgium Device Acer Laptop Operating System Windows 10 (desktop app)   My Question or Issue All of the album covers in the app are giant. I've added ...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Specific device not recognized

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDeviceThinkPad laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have Spotify installed on my home computer, my phone, my iPad and my work laptop.The home computer, phone, and iPad all work great and I can control any dev...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Israel Device ThinkPad laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have Spotify installed on my home computer, my phone, my iPad and my work laptop...
  • TomerS
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI can't play songs on the desktop app. I press play and nothing happens. After a while I get the "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." e...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I can't play songs on the desktop app. I press play and nothing happens. After a while I get the "Spotify can't play this ri...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How can i find the exact time i listened to a song or can i not?

Hello, this will be a short post but I would like to know if I could find the time I listen to a song on Spotify because it will help me in the search for a lost item.

• Visitor
  • Hello, this will be a short post but I would like to know if I could find the time I listen to a song on Spotify because it will help me in the search for a lost item.
  • OneByBoo
  • Rising Star 4
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

How can I add podcast episodes to a playlist with the with the desktop app?

How can I add podcast episodes to a playlist with the with the desktop app? (The rest has been deleted because I had to refresh the page due to the stupid reCAPTCHA enforcement. )

• Casual Listener
  • How can I add podcast episodes to a playlist with the with the desktop app?   (The rest has been deleted because I had to refresh the page due to the stupid reCAPTCHA enforcement. )
  • OneByBoo
  • Rising Star 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution music pause and resume randomly

PlanPremiumCountryisraelDevicepcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuefor the past two days the music just randomly stops, i get the "cant play this song" massage and it automaticly resumesI have changed my password, loged out of al the conn...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country israel Device pc Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue for the past two days the music just randomly stops, i get the "cant play this song" ma...
  • shaharbl
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • problem
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Unexpected music playback while listening to my music

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7, Iphone 5sOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueUnexpected music playback while listening to my music. Have changed my password in order to disconnect potential hackers, but still the same.Any ...

• Plan Premium Country France Device Samsung Galaxy S7, Iphone 5s Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Unexpected music playback while listening to my music. Have changed m...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No longer able to customize playlist cover and description

PlanFree OperatingChrome OS My Question or IssueI am not sure how to edit descriptions and photos for my playlists: a few days ago, I was able to tap on the current image and a pencil icon would appear so that I could edit them, but now, when I tap t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free   Operating Chrome OS   My Question or Issue I am not sure how to edit descriptions and photos for my playlists: a few days ago, I was able to tap on the current image and ...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Freezes on startup

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceDell WorkstationOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro with latest updates My Question or IssueAfter the latest Spotify update, I can no longer launch Spotify. It immediately freezes (with the window turning black) after a few secon...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Dell Workstation Operating System Windows 10 Pro with latest updates   My Question or Issue After the latest Spotify update, I can no longer launch Spoti...
  • mackhax0r
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify error code 4, I've tried everything help please!

PlanFreeCountryLebanonDeviceLenovo, ThinkPad, Yoga 12Operating SystemWindows 8.1 My Question or IssueI have recently downloaded Spotify, it worked fine, yet now it for some reason says its "offline", and isn't allowing me to play music, browse or do ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Lebanon Device Lenovo, ThinkPad, Yoga 12 Operating System Windows 8.1   My Question or Issue I have recently downloaded Spotify, it worked fine, yet now it for some r...
  • OneByBoo
  • Rising Star 4
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes