Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Dislike Function

I have Spotify Premium in the UK. I use it on my phone (Android) and my Desktop App (Windows 10). The desktop app does not have the 'dislike' function for when the 'made for you' daily playlist selects a song that you don't like, and do not want to h...

• I have Spotify Premium in the UK. I use it on my phone (Android) and my Desktop App (Windows 10). The desktop app does not have the 'dislike' function for when the 'made for you' daily playlist selec...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist Radios

Hey Spotifyers,I have a problem with the playlist radios since a few months. I listen to a lot of music of all kind. So i know quite a lot of songs but compared to how much music exists I know nothing. But still, every time i start playlist radios th...

• Hey Spotifyers, I have a problem with the playlist radios since a few months. I listen to a lot of music of all kind. So i know quite a lot of songs but compared to how much music exists I know noth...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • playlist radio
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

There is no sound coming from the spotify app on windows

Things I have tried -Unplugging my headphones-turning up and down the volume-checked drivers-turned on crossfade-turned off crossfade-turned volume to loud-turned volume to quiet-turned volume to normal-restart spotify-restart computer-uninstall spot...

• Things I have tried   -Unplugging my headphones -turning up and down the volume -checked drivers -turned on crossfade -turned off crossfade -turned volume to loud -turned volume to quiet...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback Error

My desktop Spotify app cannot play songs sequentially. I always get an error after a song plays - Can't play the current song. I don't get this error when I use the Web Player or the app on my Android phone. I've asked this on Spotify's Twitter handl...

• My desktop Spotify app cannot play songs sequentially. I always get an error after a song plays - Can't play the current song. I don't get this error when I use the Web Player or the app on my Androi...
  • easys
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs keep adding to my playlists. Only Yas T songs.

PlanFreeCountryTurkeyDevice(PC)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueI have this problem for now like a month now and I want it to stop. This Yas T guy keep adding his songs to all my playlists that created and it started to bug me.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country Turkey Device (PC) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I have this problem for now like a month now and I want it to stop. This Yas T guy kee...
  • lwall
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t Change Playlist Covers

Today i opened a new account and when i tried to change the cover of my playlist, i couldn’t. The pen icon doesn’t show up. There isn’t an option about changing the cover. Also the apps theme was different. I saw a reply to someone that has the same ...

• Visitor
  • Today i opened a new account and when i tried to change the cover of my playlist, i couldn’t. The pen icon doesn’t show up. There isn’t an option about changing the cover. Also the apps theme was dif...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New web UI on new account I created

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceUnknownOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueI recently created a new Spotify account (this one) for a simple username change. When I use Spotify on my new account, it has the web interface. I have lost so many fe...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country USA Device Unknown Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue I recently created a new Spotify account (this one) for a simple username change. When I use...
  • phishpot
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Artist no longer moves to the top of Artists page when I add a new song

PlanPremium - FamilyCountryUKDeviceDell - Late 2018Operating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssuePreviously when I liked a new song of an artist I followed, it would bump the artist to the top of the artist page and add the song to the top of th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium - Family Country UK Device Dell - Late 2018 Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue Previously when I liked a new song of an artist I followed, it would bum...
  • Jonneth
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify in Windows Server 2019 Core mode

PlanPremiumCountryAUDevice(iPhone Operating System(Windows Server 2019 Core Mode) My Question or IssueRecently I upgraded from Windows Server 2016 Core Mode to Windows Server 2019 Core Mode as recommended by AudioPhil for better sound quality since I...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country AU Device (iPhone 😎 Operating System (Windows Server 2019 Core Mode)   My Question or Issue Recently I upgraded from Windows Server 2016 Core Mode to Windows Serv...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows Server 2019 Core Mode
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify "interface" issue

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo , when i log in i see a new design on the app that i will include a pricture so you guys can see , and the design remove's a lot of features for example , the da...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Portugal Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So , when i log in i see a new design on the app that i will include a pricture so you g...
  • DevilEars
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't view Facebook friends when I click 'Find Friends'- error screen

When I open the desktop app, I can view my Facebook friend's activity on the right side of the app. When I scroll down to the bottom, it gives me the option to 'find friends' so I can find and follow my other Facebook friends. I receive the attached ...

• Visitor
  • When I open the desktop app, I can view my Facebook friend's activity on the right side of the app. When I scroll down to the bottom, it gives me the option to 'find friends' so I can find and follow...
  • rhrahulhaldar
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Connect
    Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Local files album covers sometimes not showing

PlanFreeCountryPolandDeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuei usually listen to my local songs on spotify, and i like when they have it's own album covers showing in the app. when i download full album, cover art is usually "ins...

dfgdfgdfg.jpg dsfgdsfg.jpg dsgfdsg.jpg fgdfhgdfh.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Poland Device Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue i usually listen to my local songs on spotify, and i like when they have it's own album cove...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

won't play any songs after big windows 10 update 3/21/2020

PlanFreeCountry Device Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuewhenever i try to play music, it comes up with this message. and when i try to play an album or playlist, it skips through all the music and keeps going to the end. I can take a vi...

cloudy_saplings_0-1584941129135.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country   Device   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue whenever i try to play music, it comes up with this message. and when i try to play an alb...
  • Smooch
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop app not working

Hi,I'm having trouble with my Spotify app on Windows 10, on both my work and home PCs, since January 2020.I've been on to Spotify Help via Twitter and we've gone through all the reset, reinstall, run as administrator options but still no luck.The app...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm having trouble with my Spotify app on Windows 10, on both my work and home PCs, since January 2020. I've been on to Spotify Help via Twitter and we've gone through all the reset, reinstall,...
  • iashelford
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify can't play this song right now.

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomOperating System Windows 10My Question or IssueI opened Spotify on my desktop today and I couldn't play any songs. I get "Spotify can't play this song right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"...

• Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Operating System  Windows 10 My Question or Issue I opened Spotify on my desktop today and I couldn't play any songs. I get "Spotify can't play this so...
  • jcml
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't add a profile picture, playlist cover, or playlist details.

There isn't even an option for it. I'm using the Windows app, not the web browser, and based on what I've seen, there's supposed to be a pencil icon when you hover over the playlist cover or profile picture to change the pictures and nothing shows up...

• Casual Listener
  • There isn't even an option for it. I'm using the Windows app, not the web browser, and based on what I've seen, there's supposed to be a pencil icon when you hover over the playlist cover or profile ...
  • Xenia
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Why does my spotify crash

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe desktop app keeps on crashing, doesn't matter whether I have hardware acceleration On/Off it happens regardless. Some days It doesn't happen at all; some days It happe...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The desktop app keeps on crashing, doesn't matter whether I have hardware acceleration ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Friend Feed is not showing and there is no option to add it on my Spotify desktop app.

My Spotify desktop app looks like the web app and the Friend Feed does not show. There are also no options to add or edit the Friend Feed. On top of this the app crashes at least 20 times a day. The music just stops playing and it takes about 5 minut...

• Visitor
  • My Spotify desktop app looks like the web app and the Friend Feed does not show. There are also no options to add or edit the Friend Feed. On top of this the app crashes at least 20 times a day. The ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No dislike button

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceLenovo laptopOperating SystemWindows 10there is simply no dislike button for the songs on the play lists !and this is irritating and awful !I'm a man of picky choices, and having to press the skip button endlessly is unb...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Lenovo laptop Operating System Windows 10 there is simply no dislike button for the songs on the play lists ! and this is irritating and awful ! I'm a m...
  • momozex
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Local Files: Sharing on Social Networks, Adding to Playlists

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHow do I share on social networks like Facebook and Twitter my own Local Files? Also, how do I add to my playlists my own Local Files all together all at once, not individual...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue How do I share on social networks like Facebook and Twitter my own Local Files? Also, how do I add...
  • paul_ko
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
    Playlists
    sharing
    Sharing Links
    sharing local files
    Sharing on Twitter
    sharing playlists
    Sharing to Facebook
    Sharing to Twitter