Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Spotify closes itself

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDevicePC (desktop)Operating SystemWindows 7 IssueWhen I open up Spotify on my computer (regardless if I run it as admin or not) it starts downloading songs from one of my playlists right before the program closes itself automa...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Norway Device PC (desktop) Operating System Windows 7   Issue When I open up Spotify on my computer (regardless if I run it as admin or not) it starts downloading ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Spotify App Discord Integration not working

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHey,I've seen this problem come up for many people but none of the solutions worked for me.Listening to a song on Spotify Web works perfectly fine with the discord i...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hey, I've seen this problem come up for many people but none of the solutions worked for...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Local files not syncing to Mobile phone

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone XROperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIn my desktop Spotify version, I have some local MP3 files. I added them to an existing playlist. But they will not sync to my mobile phone? I tried re-downloading etc....

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone XR Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue In my desktop Spotify version, I have some local MP3 files. I added them to an existing play...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Allow artist in phone app???

I noticed a few days ago that Blind Faith's albums are in the Spotify library but none of them will play on mobile. I just tried to play a song using the desktop app and received this message. What?? I don't see an option anywhere to 'allow' an artis...

• Visitor
  • I noticed a few days ago that Blind Faith's albums are in the Spotify library but none of them will play on mobile. I just tried to play a song using the desktop app and received this message. What??...
  • zerinoid
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing artists

I'm trying to delete the artists listed in the "artists" tab located in the sidebar. I'm not following any of the artists there any more, and none of their songs are listed in any other playlist of mine. Is there a way to delete them? I was able to e...

• I'm trying to delete the artists listed in the "artists" tab located in the sidebar. I'm not following any of the artists there any more, and none of their songs are listed in any other playlist of m...
  • byronsnake
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play any songs on spotify pc

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI used spotify on pc before get premium and I had the same problem,I can't play any song,I click on the play button but nothing starts playing,the song bar in the botto...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Argentina Device Pc Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I used spotify on pc before get premium and I had the same problem,I can't play an...
  • Eth0n
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify opens automatically despite selection.

PlanPremiumCountryUkDeviceOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issue I have selected the option for Spotify to NOT open at Windows startup (located in Advanced settings, start-up and windows behaviour.)Yet despite this option being selected Spoti...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Uk Device Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue   I have selected the option for Spotify to NOT open at Windows startup (located in Advanced sett...
  • Sschaefer
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unknown song loaded on startup

When I boot my computer and spotify starts up, it starts with an unknown song, not remembering what it was I was actually listening to last time. It's a seemingly random song that I've definitely never intentionally listened to on spotify, with the s...

• Casual Listener
  • When I boot my computer and spotify starts up, it starts with an unknown song, not remembering what it was I was actually listening to last time.  It's a seemingly random song that I've definite...
  • g00gly0eyes
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I move recently played to the top of my home page?

Whenever I try to go to my recently played, it's all the way at the bottom at my home page. Instead im clusterd by "spotify generated playlist" which are annoying. Anyway to move recently played to the top so I don't have to keep searching for the sa...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I try to go to my recently played, it's all the way at the bottom at my home page. Instead im clusterd by "spotify generated playlist" which are annoying. Anyway to move recently played to t...
  • 5Flux1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I blocked an artist on Daily Mix, but they still play.

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevicePC and Samsung Note 9Operating SystemWindows 10, latest Android OS My Question or IssueThere is an artist that keeps popping up in my Daily Mix and I liked them at first, but now they play far too often and I'm si...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device PC and Samsung Note 9 Operating System Windows 10, latest Android OS   My Question or Issue There is an artist that keeps popping up in my Dai...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Blocking artist

PlanPremiumCountryDenmarkOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhy is it impossible to block artists? I have noticed some times when I'm playing radio, I get an option to block a song. If I'm lucky I even get to block artist, but in 90% of t...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Denmark Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Why is it impossible to block artists? I have noticed some times when I'm playing radio, I get an option t...
  • tyler_u
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • block artist
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Faulty volume control

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceLaptop Clevo NH870HK1Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe volume slider for the windows version doesnt work according to expectationsExpectation:Slider is at max, have max volumeReality:Volume is lower...

•   Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Laptop Clevo NH870HK1 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The volume slider for the windows version doesnt work according...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Album covers doesn't show up.

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello.About a week ago i've discovered that, when i play the song the album cover (in the left corner just above the artist and title) doesn't show up. I've tried to searc...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Poland Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello. About a week ago i've discovered that, when i play the song the album cover (in...
  • lotrfan1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

The same song continues to play when switching devices (not related to "connect to a device")

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceLaptop / Android phoneOperating SystemWindows 10 / Android Nougat / Spotify latest versions. My Question or IssueHello,Since yesterday, my "setup" is not working. Let me explain. I listen to different playlists every day....

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device Laptop / Android phone Operating System Windows 10 / Android Nougat / Spotify latest versions.   My Question or Issue Hello, Since yesterday, my "set...
  • nwadham
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify won't start

Hello! I can't start my spotify, when I run the program it just says "app won't start" . I tried to reinstall the program but for some reason I need to start the app before I delete it. Please help!Sachin Khanna

• Visitor
  • Hello!   I can't start my spotify, when I run the program it just says "app won't start" . I tried to reinstall the program but for some reason I need to start the app before I delete it. &nb...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • PC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Specific Song not showing in local files

I'm on premium and I have been since I created this account. I had this issue previously on my Windows 7 PC, and it seems to still be an issue on my Windows 10 PC. No matter what I do, I cannot get a certain mp3 file to show up in Local Files. It's t...

• I'm on premium and I have been since I created this account. I had this issue previously on my Windows 7 PC, and it seems to still be an issue on my Windows 10 PC.    No matter what I do,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Browsing followed artist showing non-liked songs

PlanPremiumCountryNew ZealandDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9, Microsoft Surface Book 2Operating SystemAndriod Pie, Windows 10 My Question or IssueWhen browsing artists that you follow that you also have liked songs from, some artists show a list of songs, inc...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country New Zealand Device Samsung Galaxy 9,  Microsoft Surface Book 2 Operating System Andriod Pie, Windows 10   My Question or Issue When browsing artists that you ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback does not start

PlanFreeCountryGermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 1809 My Question or Issue We have two spotify users in our household (separate accounts). A few days we notified the desktop app does not play any songs anymore. I've tried a few things:use the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Germany Device PC Operating System Windows 10 1809   My Question or Issue   We have two spotify users in our household (separate accounts). A few days we notifi...
  • Neelix2020
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Made For You Content Not Updating

PlanFreeCountryAustraliaDeviceHuaweiOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI have came back after a few years of using other services and I've found that my discover weekly is not updating and is still stuck on the playlist from 2 years ago. I a...

s.png ss.png
  • Plan Free Country Australia Device Huawei Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I have came back after a few years of using other services and I've found that my discover wee...
  • Emilia_8
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts Updated List

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceAllOperating SystemAll My Question or IssueIt would be great to have the option to organise your podcasts in one giant list with them sorted as "most recently updated" so you have the most recently released podcast fr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device All Operating System All   My Question or Issue It would be great to have the option to organise your podcasts in one giant list with them sorted ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Env: prod