Premium

Country

Device

iPhone XS Max, Macbook Pro 2019, Desktop PC - Windows 10

Operating System

iOS 13.6.1, MacOS 10.15.6, Windows 10 2004 19041.450

My Question or Issue

Hi, 

I've just signed up to use Spotify Premium. I'm using a desktop PC, a Macbook Pro and my iPhone, all three are on the latest OS updates and i'm on the latest versions of the Spotify apps. 

My problem is that none of them sync between each other since the 1st hour of use. So, the desktop app for examples show that i've listened to two albums, the ios app shows probably 4 albums none of which are related to the desktop and the macos shows similar. 

Nothing syncs or shows listening behaviour, favourite albums / songs, etc

I've tried the following:

1. Uninstall and reinstall each app.
  2. Log off and on each app.
  3. Putting each app into offline mode for at least 20 mins
  4. Deleting the host file on windows 10
  5. I even tried a new account to see what would happen.

Nothing seems to work. 

I have recently switched to Spotify from buying CDs (yes i'm old fashioned but i had over 3000) and if my Spotify account can't even simply sync between devices, then i'm going to look elsewhere. I'm really frustrated and disappointed with it.

Please help. 😭

3 Replies

I've just reinstalled the windows app, after two months of just using the app despite it's deficiencies listed in my original issue, and it's now removed the hundreds of songs i've listened to in that time from the 'Recently Played' section on the left toolbar. 

These songs never synced with the iphone app in TWO MONTHS, and now, because of this, reinstalling the windows/desktop app has lost all of these songs too. 

Liked songs aren't synced, liked albums aren't synced. NOTHING is synced.

The second issue i'm still having is the desktop app homepage 'Recently Played' has only ever shown the first 6 albums I ever listened to on it, and it's not updated beyond that. 

How did this app ever get past testing and released to the general public? Why aren't you fixing it? Why is it not SYNCING.

Hey @Converge57,

We're sorry to hear that you haven't been able to enjoy the app as intended. We'll try and sort this one out with you.

If the app is not synching between devices it may be the case that you're logged in with different account. To test this you can follow the instructions on this Spotify Answer. 

It's also a good idea to make sure that Spotify has all permissions enabled and is excluded from all battery optimization on all your devices.

As to the "Recently played" section not updating - we have created this Ongoing Issue. You can +VOTE and subscribe to it, we'll keep you updated with any news on the matter there, as soon as there are any.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mihail, 

Thank you for the reply. I've not got another account. I'd voted for that ongoing issue a long while ago too.

Suggested posts