Premium

Country

Russian Federation

Device

Home PC

Operating System

Windows 10 Ver. 2004 Build 19041.450

My Question or Issue

My desktop app once started to skip all the tracks, reinstall didn't help. I've found a relevant topic (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/My-desktop-app-is-skipping-tracks-how-can-I-stop-fi...) and tried to change my default output device - it helped, but I need to use the app with the certain device I used before - the other output devices are HDMI outputs etc. I haven't ever used, while the problem output device is a professional sound card ASUS Essense ST, and it was working before without any troubles.

Can you please provide me a guide to collect logs or get a process snapshot for R&D team to research what the root of problem is? I've already collected WinDBG dump right after starting playback when the issue is reproducing (attached to cloud because of filesize limits there - https://yadi.sk/d/dqlNAJlaRAOXyw).

1 Reply

Hey @zelekeit,

Thanks for reaching out! We'll happily help you sort this one out.

Good work on the troubleshooting you've done so far. There are a couple of more things you can try. This page contains instructions on how to preform a clean reinstall. They're more thorough and make sure that no leftover files remains.

It's also a good idea to check your Windows hosts file for Spotify entries and remove any you may find. You can find instructions on how to do this here, even though the article was created for another issue.

Make sure to also check for any available updates to your system, particularly for new drivers for your sound card.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts