Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

'Remember Me' option is always selected by default

PlanPremium Operating SystemWindows 10 When using the Windows 10 Spotify app, the 'Remember Me' option is always selected by default. On public or shared computers, the email or username used to log in remains populated and the 'Remember Me' option i...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Operating System Windows 10   When using the Windows 10 Spotify app, the 'Remember Me' option is always selected by default. On public or shared computers, the email o...
  • PaafSpace
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Windows Desktop Picture Issues

I have been trying to upload a profile picture and/or a playlist picture on my Spotify. I have the latest version of windows and I downloaded Spotify from both Spotify.com and the windows app store. I'm honestly out of things to do, please help. Belo...

• Visitor
  • I have been trying to upload a profile picture and/or a playlist picture on my Spotify. I have the latest version of windows and I downloaded Spotify from both Spotify.com and the windows app store. ...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution can't see anything to do with socials on my spotify

Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device PC Desktop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue One day my Spotify stopped showing my friends activity, the monthly listeners, the followers I have and I can't follow other accounts. I have tried...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device PC Desktop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue One day my Spotify stopped showing my friends activity, the monthly listeners,...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Cannot open app

I moved Spotify to my HDD to create space. When I tried starting it up, the app wouldn't load. I then uninstalled completely and reinstalled, still not opening. I tried moving the app to C:\Program Files (x86) , still no luck.

• Casual Listener
  • I moved Spotify to my HDD to create space. When I tried starting it up, the app wouldn't load. I then uninstalled completely and reinstalled, still not opening. I tried moving the app to C:\Prog...
  • webshite
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Media windows DISABLE how?!

Hello, how do I disable this? You removed this option from settings. Why tf would you even do that???? Thanks 

01.jpg
  • Regular
  • Hello,    how do I disable this? You removed this option from settings. Why tf would you even do that????   Thanks  
  • realmack
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t log into desktop Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDell laptop My Question or IssueMy Spotify was going offline for a couple of days even though I was connected to WiFi. I tried turning the laptop off and on again and nothing happened so I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotif...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device Dell laptop   My Question or Issue My Spotify was going offline for a couple of days even though I was connected to WiFi. I tried turning the lap...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Multiple Selection

This really **bleep**. I cannot select more than one song. I could do it before the update came. How can I add hundreds of songs one by one? Before the update came, I could select all my songs with ctrl + a, and select the songs in the range i want w...

• Visitor
  • This really **bleep**. I cannot select more than one song. I could do it before the update came. How can I add hundreds of songs one by one? Before the update came, I could select...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Followed playlist not updating on desktop

PlanPremium Family AccountCountryUnited StatesDeviceDell laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueA playlist that I follow does not have the most up-to-date version on the web player. When I look at it on the web player, 4 hours of songs ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family Account Country United States Device Dell laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue A playlist that I follow does not have the most up-to-date versi...
  • Mwilkosz
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows Desktop can't disable Shuffle

PlanFreeCountryUnited Kingdom (England)DeviceWindows PC + Google HomeOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIn the past, when using the Desktop App on my Windows 10 PC to control music streaming from my Google Home Mini, I've been able to hav...

• Plan Free Country United Kingdom (England) Device Windows PC + Google Home Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue In the past, when using the Desktop App on my Windows 10 P...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Impossible to remove items from Recently Played

As you know, if you remove something from Recently Played list, it continues showing on Home, under Recently Played.I've seen many complaints about this, and Spotify guys allways answer something like "If you don't enjoy this feature, post an idea".G...

• As you know, if you remove something from Recently Played list, it continues showing on Home, under Recently Played. I've seen many complaints about this, and Spotify guys allways answer something l...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Other] Allow upload of screen shots when reporting bugs

Sometimes a picture is worth 1,000 words which is why it would be a great idea to allow users to upload screen shots which clearly shows UI and other issues.

• Regular
  • Sometimes a picture is worth 1,000 words which is why it would be a great idea to allow users to upload screen shots which clearly shows UI and other issues.
  • james_blonde
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No aparece ninguna cancion, album vacios

PlanFreeCountryPeruOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueTengo problemas con el app de spotify para windows 10. Los albums salen vacios, sin canciones. Todas las playlist me aparecen vacias. Algunas canciones que aparecen, no se reproducen, s...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Peru Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Tengo problemas con el app de spotify para windows 10. Los albums salen vacios, sin canciones. Todas las playlist me apa...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I cannot change my album art.

I have checked youtube videos, reinstalled spotify and restarted my pc, still nothing. Does anyone else have this problem? 

ugh.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I have checked youtube videos, reinstalled spotify and restarted my pc, still nothing. Does anyone else have this problem?  
  • EthanS1
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • album art
    Help
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution can't upload a cover

Hi, there! So, I got a problem. I wanted to upload a cover but it didn’t work for some reason. I tried every solution I could find. I logged out and in, I took a look at my settings, and I looked for a tutorial on YouTube. But no – oh – pe! I can’t u...

• Visitor
  • Hi, there!   So, I got a problem. I wanted to upload a cover but it didn’t work for some reason. I tried every solution I could find. I logged out and in, I took a look at my settings, and I l...
  • Scyasa
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution local files on desktop verion and mobile phone

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePC and IPhone SEOperating SystemIOS 13.3.1 , Windows 10 My Question or IssueSo after I found out that it's currently impossible to add local music to Spotify on the Windows 10 Desktop App, I tried a different way to get...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device PC and IPhone SE Operating System IOS 13.3.1 , Windows 10   My Question or Issue So after I found out that it's currently impossible to add local mu...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Missing "Connect to Facebook" and "Local Files" options in settings

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceAsus ZenbookOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI've been trying to find the option for "connect to Facebook" and the option to add local files, which my friends said were in my settings. I don't see ei...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Asus Zenbook Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I've been trying to find the option for "connect to Facebook" and the option t...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Collapse arrow not working properly

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDeviceDell laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSince a few weeks, when I click on the collapse arrow next to a playlist, all information in the playlist area disappears. It only reappears when I scroll over t...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Belgium Device Dell laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Since a few weeks, when I click on the collapse arrow next to a playlist, all informa...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! turning spotify off

how do i keep spotify from starting every time i start my computer,, ive looked in settings and theres nothing there,, if i want Spotify on ill turn it on,,,i DONT want it turning its self on when i start my computer.

• Casual Listener
  • how do i keep spotify from starting every time i start my computer,, ive looked in settings and theres nothing there,,  if i want Spotify on ill turn it on,,,i DONT want it turning its self on&n...
  • ramath
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Missing HOME tab

My home screen is missing when the app is restart from any reasons. My solution is log out my account and re-login that. I want to another solution from you people. (Sorry for my english. I don't now very well the language.)

• Visitor
  • My home screen is missing when the app is restart from any reasons. My solution is log out my account and re-login that. I want to another solution from you people. (Sorry for my english. I don't now...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • home button
    Homepage
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Store
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why does my Spotify UI look like this?

PlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhere is the TITLE, ARTIST, ALBUM, DATE, TIME column?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Where is the TITLE, ARTIST, ALBUM, DATE, TIME ...
  • Xenia
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes