Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify connect through PC only works when initiated on phone

PlanPremiumDeviceEssential Phone / Windows PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen trying to play music on my speaker through spotify connect on my PC. I cannot find any devices. But when i open spotify on my phone and click devices, i ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device Essential Phone / Windows PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When trying to play music on my speaker through spotify connect on my PC. I cannot fin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Connect
    essential
    PC
    Premium
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't click on Artist name unless I go into album

So when I'm using Spotify on my windows 10 desktop and I'm on the Spotify homepage, where the albums are shown in recently played and you're favourite albums etc. I can click on the album picture and album name, but can't click on the artist name und...

• So when I'm using Spotify on my windows 10 desktop and I'm on the Spotify homepage, where the albums are shown in recently played and you're favourite albums etc. I can click on the album picture and...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently Played Songs on the Home Page won't Update

PlanFamily PremiumCountryCanadaDeviceRazer BladeOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy Recently Played on my home page on the desktop app won't update. It only occurs on the desktop app on both the spotify download and the Microsoft Store ...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Family Premium Country Canada Device Razer Blade Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My Recently Played on my home page on the desktop app won't update. It ...
  • Skatehead
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    Glitch
    Home
    Recently Played
    Recently Played Stuck
    stuck
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to stop duplicates in the que, for shuffled playlists

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)Windows 10My Question or IssueWhen I shuffle a playlist it creates a lot of duplicates in the que, how can...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) Windows 10 My Question or Issue ...
  • John1664
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! PC wont play spotify

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify refuses to play anything when i use my PC, whether it is the app or the web player, it will keep skipping through a playlist showing a blue error message saying...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify refuses to play anything when i use my PC, whether it is the app or the web player, ...
  • DangerousDanish
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • no music
    no playback
    PC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't play on PC desktop app

PlanPremiumCountryEnglandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I open Spotify normally, and try to play any song, it will instantly skip to the next one, not actually playing anything. It skips all Spotify songs and only pla...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country England Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whenever I open Spotify normally, and try to play any song, it will instantly skip to the next...
  • Burrandino92
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify won't go online

Spotify desktop went offline this morning, my internet is working properly but I'm not able to open https://www.spotify.com/ .I have the same problem on my phone as well, using a proxy on desktop version has fixed the issue but now everything is slow...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify desktop went offline this morning, my internet is working properly but I'm not able to open https://www.spotify.com/ .I have the same problem on my phone as well, using a proxy on deskto...
  • bioxvirus
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to view amount of streams on Spotify

My Question or IssueHow can I check how many streams a song has as of June 2020? It used to be where you go on the artists profile and it would show most popular songs and its streams but now.. its a little different. So can someone help?

• Visitor
  •         My Question or Issue How can I check how many streams a song has as of June 2020? It used to be where you go on the artists profile and it would show most popular son...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Windows 10 works EXCEPT for local device (This Computer)

-Premium plan, United States, Spotify on Windows 10 w/latest updates(07/06/2020) *Weirdest* issue that I mistook for a generic "spotify thinks it's offline" problem. The spotify windows10 app detects and can play on all of my various Alexa & MusicCas...

• Visitor
  • -Premium plan, United States, Spotify on Windows 10 w/latest updates(07/06/2020)     *Weirdest* issue that I mistook for a generic "spotify thinks it's offline" problem.  The spotify ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No playing any song

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDevicepcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSometimes I use my laptop with a Traktor Kontrol S2 as a external sound card to play thing through the speakers and all works perfectly except Spotify App. It seems that wh...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device pc Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Sometimes I use my laptop with a Traktor Kontrol S2 as a external sound card to play thing throu...
  • SFilter
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Huge Album Icons

I have been a Spotify customer since 2011 and the recent updates to the desktop app have me at the end of my wits. When I maximize the desktop app the album icons become so large that it is unusable and I have to resize the window. This started happe...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been a Spotify customer since 2011 and the recent updates to the desktop app have me at the end of my wits. When I maximize the desktop app the album icons become so large that it is unusable ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Process Memory leak Windows 10 desktop

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDevice Desktop PC (Intel i7 3.70GHz / 16 Go Corsair RAM / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Motherboard / MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6 Gb)Operating SystemWindows 10 Pro 64-bit v. 1903 My Question or IssueHello, I have a huge memory problem on Spo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country France Device  Desktop PC (Intel i7 3.70GHz / 16 Go Corsair RAM / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Motherboard / MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6 Gb) Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ...
  • herby_05
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows 10 - Skips many songs only on PC

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10Version1.1.7.13766.gf9dc3904 My Question or IssueStarting about a week ago my spotify app on Windows 10 has started skipping songs and giving the standard "Spotify can't play..." error. It is alw...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10 Version 1.1.7.13766.gf9dc3904   My Question or Issue Starting about a week ago my spotify app on Windows 10 has started...
  • GodZefir
  • Visitor
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Genre Radio Stations (Rock, Decades, Etc).

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Operating SystemAndroid Oreo, Windows 10) What happend to the Genre Radio Stations like the decades and rock? They still show up in my stations because I follow them, but are they going away totally? Is there going to be some ki...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Operating System Android Oreo, Windows 10)   What happend to the Genre Radio Stations like the decades and rock?  They still show up in my stati...
  • kidyahoo
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Cannot Connect to Internet, Error code 4,

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceWindows 10 Desktop, Latest Update, checked 7/5/2020. Spotify Desktop/ or Windows 10 App, same issue. Both uninstalled, and reinstalled and attempted today. My Question or IssueI cannot connect to the internet; error code: 4. A...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country USA Device Windows 10 Desktop, Latest Update, checked 7/5/2020.  Spotify Desktop/ or Windows 10 App, same issue. Both uninstalled, and reinstalled and attempted today.&nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Desktop
    No Internet
    Troubleshooting
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Unable to download playlists (Waiting for connection...)

PlanPremiumDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI am unable to download any music on my Windows 10 device. Whenever I try to do it, it just says "Waiting for connection..." and nothing happens. I've performed a clean re-install...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am unable to download any music on my Windows 10 device. Whenever I try to do it, it just says "Waiting f...
  • gryfon1997
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Help
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Skipping through tracks on Desktop App

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe Spotify desktop app *has* been working fine up until maybe a week ago. It now constantly skips through tracks without playing them.All other audio works on the PC - includ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The Spotify desktop app *has* been working fine up until maybe a week ago. It now constantly skips ...
  • eltwinne89
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    PC
    skip
    skipping track
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcast not adding to library Is this a premium/listening issue or am I doing something wrong?

Plan: FreeCountry: AustraliaDevice: PCVersion: Windows 10 I'm currently looking at spotify as a podcast platform as I'm listening to a few. The first one I selected following and it appears in my library podcasts fine. The second one same producer ho...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Free Country: Australia Device: PC Version: Windows 10   I'm currently looking at spotify as a podcast platform as I'm listening to a few. The first one I selected following and it ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! windows desktop error

PlanFreeCountrybelguimDeviceHP probook 6450bOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue what is this error and tryed to reinstall and uninstall spotify i opend it nothing happends and in taskbar it seems that no spotify task are running but when ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country belguim Device HP probook 6450b Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   what is this error and tryed to reinstall and uninstall spotify i o...
  • Tompievrk
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify keeps crashing midsong??

PlanpremiumCountrySaudi ArabiaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuei have reinstalled spotify 3 times and the issue is still present, it usually plays 1 full song then the next one gets cut midway i tried doing every single thing i ...

• Plan premium Country Saudi Arabia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue i have reinstalled spotify 3 times and the issue is still present, it usually plays 1 ful...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes