Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ipanasenko
  • 77 replies
  • 27 likes
  • 77 replies
  • 27 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rednblu
  • Roadie
  • 271 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 271 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Major problems with getting Spotify to work at all.

PlanPremiumCountryUKOperating SystemWindows 10 Hi, Having major problems with Spotify desktop (Windows). When I click to open Spotify, a box appears (yet the app opens as well as the box) saying – The Spotify application is not responding – despite i...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Operating System Windows 10   Hi,   Having major problems with Spotify desktop (Windows). When I click to open Spotify, a box appears (yet the app opens as ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently Played NOT updating

PlanPremiumCountryRomania DeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I'm having the Home page always with 3 playlists present as Recently Played and it's really annoying because these are NOT the latest... not even close. Please fix...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Romania   Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   I'm having the Home page always with 3 playlists present as Recently Play...
  • Valentin124
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • played
    recently
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Automatically starts playing, changing device, skipping songs wth

Hello there, So I am using spotify premium on my windows PC, and on my android phone. There wasn't any problem yet, but today i was sleeping, and i wake for random **bleep**ty rap music playing. Since then, spotify keep playing random music when it i...

• Hello there,   So I am using spotify premium on my windows PC, and on my android phone.  There wasn't any problem yet, but today i was sleeping, and i wake for random **bleep**ty rap mus...
  • Lemolinap
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Expiring Playlist Link

PlanPremiumCountryNew ZealandDeviceAnyOperating SystemAny My Question or Issue Hey. I have recently put together a playlist of a bunch of songs I use in my YouTube videos. My subscribers have asked for a link to the playlist, so I put a link in the d...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country New Zealand Device Any Operating System Any   My Question or Issue   Hey. I have recently put together a playlist of a bunch of songs I use in my YouTube vid...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App in WIn10 Skips Every SOng and wont play.

PlanPremiumCountryAUDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 1909 My Question or IssueSpotify skips every song. On pc.Able to play on Sonos via direct connect from PC.Reinstalled and restarted. Happened since last Spotify Software Update (1.1.35.458.g89167...

• Plan Premium Country AU Device PC Operating System Windows 10 1909   My Question or Issue Spotify skips every song. On pc. Able to play on Sonos via direct connect from PC. Reinstall...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback on Windows laptop is corrupted.

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueWhen playing back on my laptop, the songs pause/buzz/distorted/crackle etc. This does not hap...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue When pl...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

PLAYBACK FROM OLDEST TO NEWEST

i wish to play an artist's albums from oldest to newest. But it only lists them from newest to oldest..is there a way to sort the albums with their oldest albums at the top of the page?..that way i can start at the begining of an artists career and p...

• Casual Listener
  • i wish to play an artist's albums from oldest to  newest. But it only  lists them from newest to oldest..is there a way to sort the albums with their oldest albums at the top of the page?.....
  • TeddyMcSnuggins
  • Visitor
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution No songs are showing up on Liked Songs

PlanFamily PremiumCountryBrazilDeviceSamsung Odissey LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I listen on my phone, everything is normal, all songs are in Liked Songs as usual, however, in the desktop app, not a single song shows up,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Family Premium Country Brazil Device Samsung Odissey Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I listen on my phone, everything is normal, all songs are in Li...
  • Diogo_M83
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Whenever I try to log into the Spotify Desktop app it closes

PlanFreeCountryU.SDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo when I I open up the Desktop App and log in with my Username and Password, it closes immediately. As soon as I hit enter it closes. I reinstalled it, it didn't work. I remove...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country U.S Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So when I I open up the Desktop App and log in with my Username and Password, it closes immediately. ...
  • c0gus9oua0ddsv3
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Closed - Windows failed login

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePersonal computerOperating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueAs of this morning, I am no longer able to log into my account from the PC version of the app. After entering my correct email and password, I get the followin...

• Plan Premium Country   Device Personal computer Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue As of this morning, I am no longer able to log into my account from the PC ver...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Login
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify skips every song

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevice Desktop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Since yesterday the windows client skips every single song, making it unusable. This does not occur when using either the web player or another device. Already t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device   Desktop   Operating System   Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Since yesterday the windows client skips every single son...
  • krazeike
  • Visitor
  • 13 replies
  • 7 likes
  • SONGS SKIP
  • 13 replies
  • 7 likes

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceHpOperating SystemWindows 7My Question or IssueSpotify gives me the error message "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." whenever I try to play any song from any album o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country India Device Hp Operating System Windows 7 My Question or Issue Spotify gives me the error message "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your com...
  • shreya_chanana
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop app becomes unstable when scanning for local files in large Downloads folder

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro, version 2004, build 19041.329 My Question or IssueRecently, I experienced a problem when attempting to close the Spotify Desktop app. When right clicking on it's icon in the ...

Spotify background tasks.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 Pro, version 2004, build 19041.329   My Question or Issue Recently, I experienced a problem when attemptin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify error code

PlanFreeCountryTurkeyDevice(Desktop PC)Operating System(Windows 10 x64) My Question or Issue The English translation is as follows: The unknown software extension (0xc06d007e) exception in the application occurred at location 0x0000000076C69862.

Adsız.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Turkey Device (Desktop PC) Operating System (Windows 10 x64)   My Question or Issue               The English translatio...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows 10
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Every song gets skipped and I can't play music

I've tried running as administrator as I seen in another post but it still doesn't work.

• Visitor
  • I've tried running as administrator as I seen in another post but it still doesn't work.   
  • Pand0r
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ability to view all songs from an artist ??

Is there a way to view all songs form an artist ? Let me know

• Is there a way to view all songs form an artist ? Let me know 🙂
  • loop3loop
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Crash to Desktop Report

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 Home 1909 Build 18363.720Spotify VersionSpotify 1.1.34.694.gac68a2b3 My Question or Issue Suddenly crashes to desktop without warning when switching songs. Happens more often when I have neve...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device PC Operating System Windows 10 Home 1909 Build 18363.720 Spotify Version Spotify 1.1.34.694.gac68a2b3   My Question or Issue   Suddenly crash...
  • skroon19
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify uninstalled itself, reinstalling won't work because of error code 13.

Just what the title says, Spotify uninstalled itself and won't let me reinstall, even after I deleted the Appdata local and roaming folders. Is there a fix? Regards, Artem ''Artemenovic''

• Casual Listener
  • Just what the title says, Spotify uninstalled itself and won't let me reinstall, even after I deleted the Appdata local and roaming folders.   Is there a fix?   Regards,  Artem ''...
  • cohenfs
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Impossible d'utiliser spotify

Bonjour. Je rencontre depuis hier mon premier problème avec spotify et il m'est impossible de le corriger tout seul. Je suis actuellement sur un compte spotify free. Le problème s'est déclenché lorsque j'ai réinstallé spotify sur mon pc windows 10 su...

• Casual Listener
  • Bonjour. Je rencontre depuis hier mon premier problème avec spotify et il m'est impossible de le corriger tout seul. Je suis actuellement sur un compte spotify free. Le problème s'est déclenché lorsq...
  • Chonchon
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Win7] Cannot play any song on PC only

PlanPremiumCountryUSAOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueWin7 machine that has not been modified or even turned off in weeks. Spotify worked fine a few days ago. Now it will not play a single song with the error "Spotify can't play this rig...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Win7 machine that has not been modified or even turned off in weeks.  Spotify worked fine a few days ago.&...
  • spot_iffy_2020
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes