Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I remove the song that is playing from playlist

How do I remove the song that is playing from playlist

I have constructed a HUGE playlist. I want to know how to remove the currently playing song from the current playlist.  I am using the Spotify app on Windows 10 computer with a premium subscription.

2 Replies

Hi @mymaus,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Unfortunately, there isn’t yet a feature for removing the currently playing song from the playlist that one is listening to; however, there is a Live Idea in the Ideas Exchange of the Spotify Community for this function on the desktop app. I recommend adding your +VOTE to this idea if this is something that you’re interested in; the more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it, and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

As a workaround, you can always click on the album artwork in the lower left corner of the screen to go to the playlist that is playing on the desktop app; from there, you can type in the name of the currently playing song in the “Filter” at the top of the playlist (underneath the playlist’s title) to find that song within the playlist, and then right-click on the song and select “Remove from this Playlist.”

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your reply. It is very surprising that this doesn't exist - I can see the current song in the queue but right clicking on it there does not give me the same options as the right click on your work around - inconsistent UI disappointing. I will vote for it and accept your solution for now.

Suggested posts