Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app crashes when playing in the background regardless if its locked or not locked.

Spotify app crashes when playing in the background regardless if its locked or not locked.

Plan

Premium

Country

Singapore

Device

Vivo v17 pro

Operating System

Android v9.0

My Question or Issue

Recently, spotify has been crashing whenever I play music on it. I cant finish playing a song without it crashing. I have tried clean installing it, trying an older version of spotify and it still crashes regardless. Its very annoying as I have to open the app again just to restart the song. I have tried almost all solutions but its still doesn't work. Please help. 

1 Reply

Hey there @bby98,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread. Could you let us know if you’re still having troubles with this?

If you are, we can recommend that you check the phone's battery settings and make sure that Spotify is set as an exception if you're using the battery optimization option.

It's also a good idea to check that Spotify has the permissions to run in the background.

If that's not causing the issue, could you let us your Spotify version and, if possible, if you experience this on other mobile devices?

We'll be on the lookout for your answer and we'll see what we can suggest next. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you in the meantime.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts