NEXT STEP

cannot access spotify.com from laptop - all other web sites are fine

cannot access spotify.com from laptop - all other web sites are fine

Plan Premium

Country UK

Device Dell XPS 13

Operating System Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I can no longer access www.spotify.com from my Windows 10 laptop, since doing a Spotify account password reset this morning (same problem from any browser). All other internet sites are accessible normally. 

Other devices on the home network can access spotify.com, it's just this one laptop that appears to be blocked (by Spotify?).

If I use a VPN to change my source IP address, then spotify.com starts working again, but I don't want to use a VPN as a permanent workaround.

Is there anything that can be done ?

4 Replies

I still have this problem, a real pain not being able to access Spotify web player on my laptop.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Hey @Simon_londoner 

There are a couple of things that might help - one is checking your hosts file and removing any Spotify-related entries from it, and the other is flushing your DNS.

See this Answer article on how to check the hosts file.

To flush your DNS cache, you'll need to open Command Prompt as Adminstrator and run the following command:

ipconfig /flushdns

Occasionally Windows is unable to find sites due to old / bad entries in DNS cache and the command above will help you sort it out. 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there,

I dont think this can be a dns problem. But yes, I have flushed my dns cache and there is nothing related to spotify.com in my local hosts file, it makes no difference. I still cannot access spotify.com, unless I disguise my IP by running a VPN.

It really does seem like spotify is blocking my laptop from the backend. But the strange thing is that other devices at home are still working fine (and of course all my devices are coming from the same IP address).

And all other websites are working fine, its just very strange, and quite annoying!

Hi there, I still have this same issue, am blocked from spotify.com unless I use a VPN. Is there any technical team that can help me to look into this from Spotify side? 

Suggested posts