Local Files don't play anymore

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My Spotify doesn't play my local files anymore, some months ago it suddenly stops playing them. The software identifies the files but won't play them anymore (you click on play and the music time stays on 0:00), I didn't make any changes on the folders or on the program settings. I've tried everything I found on the internet and on Spotify forums, I have tried to download new songs and get only them tested on a separated folder to see if it were my files that had a problem, didn't work. I have even formatted my PC and this feature still refuses to work. On my Android, everything goes well, that music files are the same. Could you please help me with this issue?

1 Reply

Hey there @ghlouredo,

Thanks for posting in the Community 🙂

Can you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual reinstall. We'd suggest you also check these steps.

It's also a good idea to make sure that Firewall is disabled.

If you have already tried these steps or you've tried some additional troubleshooting steps, let us know. That way we'll able to avoid any repeating steps.

You can also send us a screen recording of what happens when you try playing the local files. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts