Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! [Win10] Spotify connection issues

AccountCreated over facebookPlanPremium (Telekom Germany)CountryGermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWin10 My Question or IssueI've had problems with Spotify for a few months now. Spotify thinks my PC is offline and shows me error code 4.Today I uninstalle...

• Visitor
  • Account Created over facebook Plan Premium (Telekom Germany) Country Germany Device PC Operating System Win10   My Question or Issue I've had problems with Spotify for a few months n...
  • User999x
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Other
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution The way Spotify determines an active internet connection has to be a joke, right?

I've been on Spotify for just 3 days and today I got the infamous "no internet connection" error while having an active internet connection, for which countless threads exist, and yet none of them did anything for me. Though I did find one thread whi...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been on Spotify for just 3 days and today I got the infamous "no internet connection" error while having an active internet connection, for which countless threads exist, and yet none of them di...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution How to correct EQ (bass level) in desktop app?

I just signed up for a premium plan, using the desktop app Win 10, the bass is boosted significantly - how can I correct it - where is the EQ control? Even after turning the bass all the way down on my audio system it is still over-boosted. I've comp...

• Casual Listener
  • I just signed up for a premium plan, using the desktop app Win 10, the bass is boosted significantly - how can I correct it - where is the EQ control?   Even after turning the bass all the ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

my liked songs on pc and phone dont sync

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDeviceMi a1 and pcOperating SystemAndroid 9 and Windows 10 My Question or IssueSometimes my liked songs on pc don't appear on my phone. I can still them on my pc but I just don't have it on my phone. I have to open Spotify on ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Russia Device Mi a1 and pc Operating System Android 9 and Windows 10   My Question or Issue Sometimes my liked songs on pc don't appear on my phone. I can still th...
  • JackReynolds05
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Liked songs not showing on artist's page

PlanPremiumCountryOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueSome songs are not displayed as liked (empty heart) in the Artist overview page, while they were liked, are present in "Liked Songs" playlist and are sometimes displayed as liked (filled...

spotify bug.png
  • Plan Premium Country Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Some songs are not displayed as liked (empty heart) in the Artist overview page, while they were liked, are present in "Lik...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Available devices" in desktop version not avaialble without app on phone

PlanPremiumCountryNLDeviceHP PavilionOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhne will the "Available devices" feature wortk again without needing the app on the phone? Elsewhere in the FAQ's answers, it reads that is is a "currently" thing

• Plan Premium Country NL Device HP Pavilion Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whne will the "Available devices" feature wortk again without needing the app on the phone...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Some things are in Japanese

I just started a radio of the Spotify created playlist "Heavy Queens"[1] And I noticed songs from the band "The Dark Element"[2] was in Japanese, I thought it was funny and wanted to share it on Discord with some friends, but on Discord the song titl...

wMHvG0d NUxa81O 7cvuLxG lqkGjZj
  • Regular
  • I just started a radio of the Spotify created playlist "Heavy Queens"[1]  And I noticed songs from the band "The Dark Element"[2]  was in Japanese, I thought it was funny and wanted t...
  • Son_Of_Diablo
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloading songs prompts a 'Waiting for connection...'

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceHP Laptop 17-ca1xxxOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm unable to download any songs to a playlist (or download any songs at all for that matter). Looking it up on the r/spotify subreddit prompted several threa...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device HP Laptop 17-ca1xxx Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm unable to download any songs to a playlist (or download any songs at all for t...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Crashing when logged in, multiple accounts, multiple devices windows 10 and andriod.

Hi all, Web spotify works. one of my andriod devices still logs into the spotify app. however it doesn't on a laptop, a desktop pc and it had the same type of problem on a tablet once, but that resolved its self spontaneously after 2 tries. PlanPremi...

• Visitor
  • Hi all,  Web spotify works. one of my andriod devices still logs into the spotify app.  however it doesn't on a laptop, a desktop pc and it had the same type of problem on a tablet once, ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
    desktop app
    login crash
    multiple accounts
    multiple devices
    online crash
    tried everything
    Windows 10
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Random playlist sound mutes and song swaps

PlanFree/Premium My Question or IssueSo my problem is that since like 2 weeks i cant listen to music cause of problems told on the post title when i listen to music my music randomly goes mute for no reason sometimes it changes songs for no reasonthe...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium   My Question or Issue So my problem is that since like 2 weeks i cant listen to music cause of problems told on the post title  when i listen to music my music ran...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Liked song icon disappears while switching tracks in radio playlist

PlanPremiumCountryBelarusOperating SystemWin 10 2004 (19041.508), Spotify 1.1.43.700.g20acee0f The "Heart" icon would disappear when switching tracks (in RADIO playlist) by clicking to the song on a playlist or using "Prev" or "Next" button in song c...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Belarus Operating System Win 10 2004 (19041.508), Spotify 1.1.43.700.g20acee0f   The "Heart" icon would disappear when switching tracks (in RADIO playlist) by clickin...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    liked songs icon
    Radio
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Whole albums disappearing, but not really

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIt's hard to explain, but basically I was scrolling through Kasabian's top tracks and noticed that "Club Foot" was not "liked" for me.I was like waaaaaaat, no way, I heard...

• Casual Listener
  • ...ame album, both identical in every way as far as I can tell. The only difference - one is added from a "public" version of the album, the other is from an album (again, identical in every way) I can o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Random friends disappearing from Friend Activity feed

Earlier, before I closed Spotify to restart my computer, I saw one of my friends was active. Now I reopened Spotify, and I see that same friend's activity no longer being shown anymore. The same thing happened the other day with another friend I'm fo...

• Casual Listener
  • Earlier, before I closed Spotify to restart my computer, I saw one of my friends was active. Now I reopened Spotify, and I see that same friend's activity no longer being shown anymore. The same thin...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps randomly setting volume to 0 on Desktop

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10Spotify Version1.1.43.700.g20acee0f My Question or IssueWhen listening to music using the Spotify Application on Windows 10, at random times for no reason it sets the volume sl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10 Spotify Version 1.1.43.700.g20acee0f   My Question or Issue When listening to music using the Spotif...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify no working on PC

PlanFamily PremiumCountryPolandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify nie odtwarza żadnych utworów, nie pokazuje sie ikona utworu, nie wyświetla sie lista znajomych, resetowanie i reinstall nie pomagają. Poniżej screenshot

• Visitor
  • Plan Family Premium Country Poland Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify nie odtwarza żadnych utworów, nie pokazuje sie ikona utworu, nie wyświetla sie l...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How show art thumbnails column next to tracks in playlist view of Windows App?

PlanPremium DeviceWindows 10 App My Question or IssueHow can I make the Windows App show art thumbnails in the leftmost column of the playlist view, like in the web player? I navigate my playlists visually using the art thumbnails, and this works gre...

• Plan Premium   Device Windows 10 App   My Question or Issue How can I make the Windows App show art thumbnails in the leftmost column of the playlist view, like in the web player? &...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Links now open web player instead of desktop app

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, this is my first post and not really sure where this issue should go but until tonight, when I am using Discord, clicking the Spotify logo would open and play the song in the Spotify desktop app. Now, it opens it ...

• Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, this is my first post and not really sure where this issue should go but until tonight, when I am using Discord, clicking the Spotify logo would open and play the...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Next up keeps re-adding songs

CountryAustralia Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm using the desktop app and having a problem with the Next Up - it keeps re-adding content I've already played.E.g. at the moment, I have one song in Now Playing, then there's Next In ...

• Visitor
  • Country Australia   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm using the desktop app and having a problem with the Next Up - it keeps re-adding content I've already playe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows 10 Desktop app black screen only

Have reinstalled a number of times (from Spotify AND Windows Store) and tried all the solutions on here but the desktop app only opens with a black screen, as below :-This seems fairly common and has been happening for some time, but nothing appears ...

daveork_0-1602234911184.png
  • Visitor
  • Have reinstalled a number of times (from Spotify AND Windows Store) and tried all the solutions on here but the desktop app only opens with a black screen, as below :- This seems fairly common a...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • black screen
    Windows 10
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't listen to new songs + other issues

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello, I recently changed home networks and Spotify has been giving me a lot of issues lately. When I first got onto this new network, I was able to listen to ...

exag_0-1602192127938.png exag_1-1602192269918.png exag_2-1602192406202.png
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello, I recently changed home networks and Spotify has been giving me a lot of iss...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes