Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When autoplaying, clicking album art of current song no longer goes to the correct playlist.

When autoplaying, clicking album art of current song no longer goes to the correct playlist.

Plan

Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

Lenovo Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

As has always been the case on both mobile and desktop, when autoplay starts after a playlist or album has finished, spotify will be playing from a "radio" based on the album/playlist. clicking on the album art of the current song should redirect to that radio, but now it just goes directly to the album of the current song.

9 Replies

Hey there @carlemilex,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you let us know which version of the app you have?

It would also be great if you can provide us a screen recording? This will help us understand more directly what's going on from your end.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply,

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Very glad I'm not the only one that used this feature! Please fix this behaviour.
If I play a song from a playlist the behaviour described still works so it seems like it's a bug in the AutoPlay functionality.

Hi there @RifRaf

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind sending us a screen recording of the issue happening so we can take a closer look?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

When I play a song to completion and spotify autoplay starts, in the queue you can see it's playing from a generated playlist. If I click the album art, it takes me to the album of that song and not to the Spotify Radio playlist that was generated by AutoPlay. 

If I do this on one of my own playlists, clicking the album art shows me the song in the playlist it's playing from. 

screen recording:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnNsoVKm1dVvraQH1UMucWNznMbnpg?e=bxtxxt

Hi there @RifRaf,

Thank you for your reply and for the video.

Can you log in on another device to see if the issue persist?

It would also be great if you can try from the web player?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Hey Jeremy, 

The only other device I have is an android phone. On there it works a bit different but the behaviour is as expected and i can click on "Song Radio Based On [song name]"

On the web player I can't reproduce the issue because I can't turn on AutoPlay.

Hey @RifRaf,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Just to confirm, did you run the clean reinstall by following all the steps in the link @Eni sent above? Make sure to restart your device afterwards.

If that didn't do the trick, could you try with a different connection, like a mobile hotspot from your phone?

We'd also like to know if this happens when AutoPlay is running for any content (any playlist, album, song, etc.) or just with some in particular.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

I must have missed something in the clean install, the bug is gone now! 

Hi @RifRaf,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're really glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Suggested posts