Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify taking up so much space I can't even use it.

PlanFreeCountryUSAOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueOkay, so, I decided to download Spotify so I can listen to music while playing games. I had 2GB left and I assumed it'd just be like, 200mb since it's mostly just streaming things (my pl...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country USA Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Okay, so, I decided to download Spotify so I can listen to music while playing games. I had 2GB left and I assumed it'd j...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify desktop app randomly freezing and not responding

PlanPremiumCountryCroatiaDevicePC DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueSpotify desktop app often freezes on my PC. While frozen, it will be in a not responding mode, but it will continue to play music, it will just have a non responsi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Croatia Device PC Desktop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Spotify desktop app often freezes on my PC. While frozen, it will be in a not responding mode,...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Reinstalls on Startup

I got Spotify premium and was stoked the first day I used it. But then I quickly learned that Spotify reinstalls everytime I restart my device, which I suppose means everytime I reopen Spotify. The reinstall doesn't even work properly, so then I have...

• Visitor
  •   I got Spotify premium and was stoked the first day I used it. But then I quickly learned that Spotify reinstalls everytime I restart my device, which I suppose means everytime I reopen Spotif...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    PC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] How do I disable downloading of songs in Desktop application? Add an option please

1. Who knows how many songs I have tagged for downloading and how much space they would take up on my drive if downloaded to my local storage?2. It is impossible to disable the downloading of songs in Desktop App, don't know about other platforms but...

• Visitor
  • 1. Who knows how many songs I have tagged for downloading and how much space they would take up on my drive if downloaded to my local storage? 2. It is impossible to disable the downloading of songs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Some downloaded music cannot be played or are not shown when I am move abroad

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevice(laptop, huawei P30)Operating System( Android Oreo, Windows 10) My Question or Issue I was in central America before the corona outbreak then comeback to Germany. Some songs (downloaded ones) or even artist or podcast I...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device (laptop, huawei P30) Operating System ( Android Oreo, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue   I was in central America before the co...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium, Web Player: How to change Spotify settings?

Hello!Win 10 / Firefox / OperaSpotify Premium Family How can I change the settings (autoplay etc) in the web-player?

• Music Fan
  • Hello! Win 10 / Firefox / Opera Spotify Premium Family   How can I change the settings (autoplay etc) in the web-player?
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't play an album

PlanPremiumCountryItaly DeviceSamsung Galaxy A5 2016Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi guys. I've got a strange isse with a single album, called "Diamonds" by the band Enforcer. I simply cannot play any songs from that LP, if i click o...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Italy   Device Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi guys. I've got a strange isse with a single album, called "Diam...
  • Alsweider
  • Gig Goer
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution How to Change Username on PC

PlanPremiumCountry Device(PC, Google Pixel 3a)Operating System(Windows 10, Android) My Question or IssueCan we start a vote or get some technical support so that users on PC don't have to have the random string of numbers and letters assigned to them...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device (PC, Google Pixel 3a) Operating System (Windows 10, Android)   My Question or Issue Can we start a vote or get some technical support so that users o...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • PC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline music downloads quality question

Windows 10 PRO desktop using premium accountI understand it’s possible to download music to play offline later, however it also says this can’t be done with the app, so I assume I have to use the web player to download music for offline playing, but ...

• Windows 10 PRO desktop using premium account I understand  it’s possible to download music to play offline later, however it also says this can’t be done with the app, so I assume I have to use...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sort Playlist By Newest Added To Oldest Added?

I follow some playlists and they're sorted by what's added recentlty to what was added first. I want to make my playlist set this way. However, whenever I share my playlist with friends, they see the very first songs I added at the top instead of the...

• Casual Listener
  • I follow some playlists and they're sorted by what's added recentlty to what was added first. I want to make my playlist set this way. However, whenever I share my playlist with friends, they see the...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Jumps to unknown playlist

So recently I have had the issue where after a random amount of time listening to my music on my computer, Spotify will stop what ever playlist I am listening, and play the same few songs over and over. I have no Idea what these songs are, I never li...

• Visitor
  • So recently I have had the issue where after a random amount of time listening to my music on my computer, Spotify will stop what ever playlist I am listening, and play the same few songs over and ov...
  • Xenia
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify pauses on its own every 1 minute

PlanFreeCountryFranceDeviceRealme 5 and DesktopOperating SystemAndroid 10, Windows 10 My Question or Issuespotify pauses on its own every 1 minuteit do this on my phone and on my computer

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country France Device Realme 5 and Desktop Operating System Android 10, Windows 10   My Question or Issue spotify pauses on its own every 1 minute it do this on my phon...
  • Carlito53
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

INAPPROPRIATE ads...

I listen to spotify all day, erryday at work, but... it sure is uncomfortable with my boss walks in to an ad about birth control and **bleep** dryness. PlanFreeCountry - USA DeviceWindows desktopOperating Systemwindows 10 ish. My Question or IssueIs ...

• I listen to spotify all day, erryday at work, but... it sure is uncomfortable with my boss walks in to an ad about birth control and **bleep** dryness.  Plan Free Country - USA   Dev...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Desktop app hasn't played music for over a month now

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceRyzen 7 2700; 16GB DDR4 3200Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm able to play music from my phone and any device in my house just fine but I can't play music on the desktop app. When I start it up, whatever wa...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Ryzen 7 2700; 16GB DDR4 3200 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm able to play music from my phone and any device in my house just fin...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

low quality after sound card driver instalation

Hello, I have connected Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio on PCIe to my PC, then installed drivers. After the second task, music on Spotify (desktop app) has terrible quality. I think I need to reinstall Spotify. Can i copy Spotify files, reinstall app...

• Visitor
  • Hello,  I have  connected Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio on PCIe to my PC, then installed drivers. After the second task, music on Spotify (desktop app) has terrible quality. I think I ne...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No way to see the audio quality of the current song?

After the joke how Spotify determines an active internet connection(Link) I switched to Tidal Hifi and I'm really enjoying it, but I still have ~2 weeks left on my Spotify sub. In Tidal I can see what quality each song has. Where is the equivalent in...

01.png 02.png
  • Casual Listener
  • After the joke how Spotify determines an active internet connection(Link) I switched to Tidal Hifi and I'm really enjoying it, but I still have ~2 weeks left on my Spotify sub.   In Tidal I ca...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify cant change song

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issuei cant change song on windows app. one day it works, the other day it doesnt.

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue i cant ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Navigating a playlist while sorted alphabetically

PlanPremium CountryUSA DeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWin10 So I usually sort my playlists by artist alphabetically, but leave it on shuffle. Sometimes, a song pops on, and I want to listen to a different song by the same artist instead. I imagine t...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium   Country USA   Device Desktop PC Operating System Win10   So I usually sort my playlists by artist alphabetically, but leave it on shuffle. Sometimes, ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The volume of ADs are louder than music

PlanFreeCountryTaiwanDevicePC with Logitech MX SoundOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have a free account, and there are some Ads for us supplied from supplier. But the ADs are always louder than the music what I'm listening.I don't ha...

• Plan Free Country Taiwan Device PC with Logitech MX Sound Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have a free account, and there are some Ads for us supplied from supplier...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! [Win10] Spotify connection issues

AccountCreated over facebookPlanPremium (Telekom Germany)CountryGermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWin10 My Question or IssueI've had problems with Spotify for a few months now. Spotify thinks my PC is offline and shows me error code 4.Today I uninstalle...

• Visitor
  • Account Created over facebook Plan Premium (Telekom Germany) Country Germany Device PC Operating System Win10   My Question or Issue I've had problems with Spotify for a few months n...
  • User999x
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Other
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes