Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Permanent fix to "the spotify application is not responding"?

Permanent fix to "the spotify application is not responding"?

I've been having the same problem outlined in this post. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/the-Spotify-application-is-not-responding/td-p/1051....

However, this problem occurs literally every day at least once or twice for me. It's getting tedious to go into Task Manager every time to scroll down and manually stop the processes. Is there any permanent solution to this? Or if anyone knows of a way to automate the whole going into task manager and stopping the processes please let me know. Thank you!

4 Replies

Yes, WindowsOS 10 20H2 19042.928 version, there is a problem. Please, fix it.

Hi folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Can you list all the troubleshooting steps you've tried from this thread, other than the task manager one, so we don't repeat anything and have a better idea of where to start?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hey, sorry for the late reply but here's what I've tried: 

• Uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify
  • Toggle Spotify opening on PC startup
  • Reinstalling the OS

None of these have presented a permanent solution to this problem. If it helps to know, I am on Windows 10 Education edition, version 20H2, build 19042.928

Hey @sywy

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to confirm, have you followed these steps when reinstalling the app? This is more thorough than a regular reinstall and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If possible, could you ask a friend or a family member to log in to their personal account using your device to see if they can replicate this?

Let us know how it goes.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts