Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Full screen mode disappeared in the latest Premium version (desktop windows)

I received an upgraded version of Windows and in the same time an upgrade of SpotifyThe version is now 1.1.47.684.g136419d9-a (on windows 10 family version 2004)I have the Premium subscription.Since the upgrade, the FULL SCREEN button has disappeared...

• Casual Listener
  • I received an upgraded version of Windows and in the same time an upgrade of Spotify The version is now 1.1.47.684.g136419d9-a (on windows 10 family version 2004) I have the Premium subscription. ...
  • herves
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop application resizes itself upon maximizing from minimized state

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(Desktop PC)Operating System(Windows 10 Pro x64 1909) My Question or IssueIf I minimize Spotify, and then bring it back/maximize it, the Spotify application resizes to a different size, and is now on two monitors instead o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device (Desktop PC) Operating System (Windows 10 Pro x64 1909)   My Question or Issue If I minimize Spotify, and then bring it back/maximize it, the Sp...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution offline option (button) unavailable

I am using Spotify free the version 1.1.40.508.gd5bc2931 the OS is "windows 8.1 professional" ,the problem appear after i log out and login again then i notice that offline option from the menu is missing. i tried to log out and login again, but the ...

• Regular
  • I am using Spotify free the version 1.1.40.508.gd5bc2931 the OS is "windows 8.1 professional" ,the problem appear after i log out and login again then i notice that offline option from the menu ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

[Desktop] Cannot open Joe Rogan podcast video

I have read the other posts on this topic, but none have been exactly my situation. I can never open the video version of this without reinstalling the app and rebooting my desktop. For the record, the audio only version won't play either, but I don'...

• Visitor
  • I have read the other posts on this topic, but none have been exactly my situation.  I can never open the video version of this without reinstalling the app and rebooting my desktop.  For t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[Desktop][Playlists] Unable to see all my Daily Mixes

I have so many daily mix playlists that I am unable to scroll to the side and see all of them. At the 6th mix, it cuts off the preview halfway and I can't see anything past that, as there's no slider or scroll sideways button or anything. Is there a ...

• I have so many daily mix playlists that I am unable to scroll to the side and see all of them. At the 6th mix, it cuts off the preview halfway and I can't see anything past that, as there's no slider...
  • KevBoneGT
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing dislike button on PC version

HelloMy spotify PC version seems to be broken. Web Play as well as desktop app.In my discover weekly / release radar I can't dislike any tracks. The button is missing. And all the disliked songs from the app I can still see and have to listen on PC. ...

• Visitor
  • Hello My spotify PC version seems to be broken. Web Play as well as desktop app. In my discover weekly / release radar I can't dislike any tracks. The button is missing. And all the disliked songs ...
  • FlipTheBunk
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 8 likes

Spotify can't play via USB audio interface

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceThinkpad T480s Ultra, audio via USB U-Phoria UMC404HD audio interfaceOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueSpotify works fine when using my Thinkpad's built-in speakers, but when using my USB audio interface (a U-Ph...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Thinkpad T480s Ultra, audio via USB U-Phoria UMC404HD audio interface Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Spotify works fine when using my Thin...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Unplugging/Replugging Headphones Breaks Desktop App

Family PlanPremiumThe region is set to USA, but I currently live in Ireland I'm not sure exactly what the device is, but it's running windows 10 My IssueI was listening to music on my desktop application, and I unplugged my headphones to try to untie...

• Visitor
  • Family Plan Premium The region is set to USA, but I currently live in Ireland   I'm not sure exactly what the device is, but it's running windows 10   My Issue I was listening to mus...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Mute Spotify when using Skype

I am a Windows 10 user and use Skype on my Desktop with a headset. I like to listen music via Spotify when working but want it muted while I make a call. I have tried the audio settings in Windows Settings but cannot find one that addresses this issu...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a Windows 10 user and use Skype on my Desktop with a headset.  I like to listen music via Spotify when working but want it muted while I make a call.   I have tried the audio sett...
  • wocalax19
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Playlists] can't sort by date added on only ONE of my playlists

all my other playlists have the sort by date added function, except 1 one them. just 1 single playlist that i listen to most cant do it. why? I suspect it is due to it containing some local files that aren't on spotify. but why is this so? can this j...

• Casual Listener
  • all my other playlists have the sort by date added function, except 1 one them. just 1 single playlist that i listen to most cant do it. why? I suspect it is due to it containing some local files tha...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

[Desktop][Other] how do I get rid of next up

when my queue ends I just want music to stop playing music instead it will add songs to next up and play them, these are either songs from the same artist as an album I just listened to or songs from a playlist I listened to earlier.how do I make Spo...

• Visitor
  • when my queue ends I just want music to stop playing music instead it will add songs to next up and play them, these are either songs from the same artist as an album I just listened to or songs from...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not loading/super slow (Windows 10)

PlanFreeCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceHP LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueNothing is loading in the spotify program. I can't play any songs or open playlists. I have this issue 3 days now, and I'm starting to get fed up with these p...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country The Netherlands Device HP Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Nothing is loading in the spotify program. I can't play any songs or open playlist...
  • darktowertr
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • not loading
    slow
    Windows 10
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Latest Version of Spotify on my PC from the website keeps Crashing

I'm a Premium User and I've been using Spotify for about 7/8 months but recently every time I open Spotify on my computer it crashes after 3-5 seconds and I have tried logging out, deleting all the files and reinstalling but nothing is working, Its c...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a Premium User and I've been using Spotify for about 7/8 months but recently every time I open Spotify on my computer it crashes after 3-5 seconds and I have tried logging out, deleting all the f...
  • chiefjoboo
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify desktop 1.1.47.684 cannot connect to the internet

I have just upgrade Spotify Desktop on Windows 10 to the latest version, and now the app cannot connect to the internet! It shows in the bottom a "Offline" message, and at the top "No internet connection detected. Spotify will automatically try to re...

• Music Fan
  • I have just upgrade Spotify Desktop on Windows 10 to the latest version, and now the app cannot connect to the internet! It shows in the bottom a "Offline" message, and at the top "No internet connec...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution How can i fix the black screen on window 10 when i open the app

I tried uninstall and download it again. Sometime can show the it. Sometime worse. And now it always be a black screen. Help me and thanks a lot.

KW_Bang_0-1607016309684.png
  •   I tried uninstall and download it again. Sometime can show the it. Sometime worse. And now it always be a black screen. Help me and thanks a lot.  
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] Allowing Playlist Sort by Date-Added

This new Spotify desktop platform update has severely impacted my ability to use the platform - As someone who constantly curates playlists for my job, I need to be able to sort by date-added and be able to view the date and time added to keep up-to-...

• Visitor
  • This new Spotify desktop platform update has severely impacted my ability to use the platform - As someone who constantly curates playlists for my job, I need to be able to sort by date-added and be ...
  • Xenia
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Pasting song links in playlist no longer works

See https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Pasting-song-links-in-playlist-no-longer-works-Are-you-kidding/td-p/1066054 So I followed the same guide to randomize my playlist which is now empty and I have no way of readding my songs? I see the pr...

• Regular
  •   See https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Pasting-song-links-in-playlist-no-longer-works-Are-you-kidding/td-p/1066054     So I followed the same guide to randomize my...
  • tomriddle
  • Gig Goer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Podcasts] Podcast video and ads are blocking the view of the episode list

What I am noticing on the desktop app is that when watching video podcast, the video is at the top of the screen and ads are at the bottom. I don't see a way to resize the video and between the ads and video, there is no way to see the episode list t...

gck105_0-1607176367869.png
  • Casual Listener
  • What I am noticing on the desktop app is that when watching video podcast, the video is at the top of the screen and ads are at the bottom. I don't see a way to resize the video and between the ads a...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Desktop
    Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Playback issues on Windows 10

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktop version Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThis has been an ongoing issue for me- I will try to play an album by an artist and unless the album or song I'm attempting to play is "liked"(saved i...

2020-12-03 08_57_34-QAV-001699 - Remote Desktop Connection.jpg 2020-12-03 08_57_50-QAV-001699 - Remote Desktop Connection.jpg
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop version  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue This has been an ongoing issue for me- I will try to play an album by...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify se abre, pero la pantalla está en negro

Tengo instalado spotify free en el portátil de mi casa (windows 7 ultimate). Me ha estado funcionando estupendamente, pero llevo 3 días que, cuando lo abro, me sale la pantalla en negro (se ve archivo, edición y ver), y no puedo navegar. He desinstal...

• Tengo instalado spotify free en el portátil de mi casa (windows 7 ultimate). Me ha estado funcionando estupendamente, pero llevo 3 días que, cuando lo abro, me sale la pantalla en negro (se ve archiv...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes