Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please offer an opt-out for new UI experience

Please offer an opt-out for new UI experience

Hello,

Please, can Spotify consider offering an opt-out to the new desktop UX experience. It is extremely triggering/overstimulating for many and is a change to a decade-long UX experience that many had become comfortable with. It also presents difficulties for those with visual impairments.

There was a workaround which allowed users to opt back to the old UX, but this has now been fairly callously removed. 

Please, please, please, allow users to at least opt back to the former experience, even if there will be no further updates to it. The new experience has multiple accessibility issues and the forcing of it does not represent equitable programming.

This is discrimination - straight up. 

6 Replies

completely disgraceful that no one at this company even bothered to take this into consideration. it is discrimination plain and simple and clearly spotify doesnt care.

I feel like an opt-out would be a good sort of happy medium between the folks who don't want the app to change, and Spotify wanting to test out their new features on existing users. I am also very unhappy with the recent UX updates and I would much prefer going back to the previous version. An opt-out would have allowed me to see what people were saying about the new update and decide whether or not I wanted to upgrade. I don't understand why Spotify can't use beta testing programs through TestFlight in the App Store like other apps, so people who want to experience new UX and give feedback are able to do so while leaving the rest of users in peace.

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here on the Community.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us as we always strive to improve our app. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right teams.

You can also head here and share your feedback in the thread as it's regularly monitored.

If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm really getting done. I used to explore new composers and having the pieces and their popularity all in one list is the only proper way to do so. I don't want to click on dozens of stupid pictures. Why do you do this??

Hey @jahakatsotaanpa

Thanks for your message. We're sorry to hear that you feel like this.

We believe these updates will help us deliver a more streamlined, personalized and meaningful Spotify experience across all of our platforms.

As @Ver mentioned, we'd recommend adding your feedback here, as the thread is being constantly monitored by the teams in charge.

We'll be here if anything else comes up. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

typical copy/pasted nonsense from the moderators here. why dont you offer an actual solution instead of your copy/pasted corpo speak. its pretty clear youre "streamlining" to save money/ make things easier for the company and you dont care about users experience at all.

Suggested posts