Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • D1Ck3n
  • 69 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 69 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • lazypapertiger
  • 253 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 253 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution My spotify is randomly pausing every couple of seconds to every few minutes.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotify and it still randomly paused. I also tried using the web browser and it randomly paused there as well. I also disconnected all places that I've logged into so the only places that I'm currently logged int...

• I tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotify and it still randomly paused. I also tried using the web browser and it randomly paused there as well. I also disconnected all places that I've logged in...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • pausing randomly
    Troubleshooting
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Wrapped Comparison

Not sure if this is the correct forum, so I apologize if it isn't. I remember in years past being able to compare the current year's stats with previous years' stats (i.e. how many minutes you listened this year compared to other years). I am unable ...

• Roadie
  • Not sure if this is the correct forum, so I apologize if it isn't. I remember in years past being able to compare the current year's stats with previous years' stats (i.e. how many minutes you listen...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue

So I don't really know how to ask a question or write on here, but my queue keeps getting deleted lately, on my laptop and on my phone. It is annoying. Anyone know what I can do to solve this problem?

• Visitor
  • So I don't really know how to ask a question or write on here, but my queue keeps getting deleted lately, on my laptop and on my phone. It is annoying. Anyone know what I can do to solve this problem?
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Web app won't open

Whenever I try to open up the web app it tells me there's a serve errorI have already cleared my cache and tried every browser on my computer and an incognito window with no successI cannot download or use the app currently because of some issues on ...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I try to open up the web app it tells me there's a serve error I have already cleared my cache and tried every browser on my computer and an incognito window with no success I cannot down...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Multiple tracks from Avantasia's 'Angel of Babylon' have track crossover

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueThe album 'Angel of Babylon' by Avantasia doesn't seem to be divided up correctly, with multiple tracks featuring snippets of the next track in the album seconds before they en...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue The album 'Angel of Babylon' by Avantasia doesn't seem to be divided up correctly, with multiple tracks fea...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files Issues - Need Help adding / deleting

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceLenovo IdeaPad 10th GenOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI just got a new laptop - I'm looking to keep things clean this go around as my music was a mess on my last device. I'm trying to add one new album on L...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA   Device Lenovo IdeaPad 10th Gen Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I just got a new laptop - I'm looking to keep things clean th...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Random songs at the bottom of my liked songs

As you can see from the below image, when I scroll down to the beginning of my liked songs, there are three songs that do not have a timestamp for when they were added and were not there previously. Does anyone know why this is and how it happened?Pl...

TDIG_Phil_121_0-1607749383266.png
  • Regular
  • As you can see from the below image, when I scroll down to the beginning of my liked songs, there are three songs that do not have a timestamp for when they were added and were not there previously. ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Lyrics not working anymore - "Humming is fun"

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 2004 My Question or IssueThe lyrics from Musixmatch are no longer there, it shows "Humming is fun" message. It used to work before but it no longer works now, please help.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country India Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10 2004   My Question or Issue The lyrics from Musixmatch are no longer there, it shows "Humming is fun" message. It used...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • lyrics
    Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bluetooth speaker controlling my music

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDevicePC desktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueEvery time my bluetooth speaker shuts off automatically it plays spotify and it runs forever in the background. Not a big problem, but very annoying and it ruins t...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device PC desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Every time my bluetooth speaker shuts off automatically it plays spotify and it runs fo...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music Keeps Pausing Every 2-4 Seconds.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 running spotify thru UWP My Question or IssueMy music keeps pausing every 2-4 seconds. Tried reinstalling logging out, no other devices do this.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 running spotify thru UWP   My Question or Issue My music keeps pausing every 2-4 seconds. Tried reinstalling logging...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution won't recognize local file

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I downloaded an mp3 file and moves that to the folder where all my local files are stored. I then deleted the original in my downloads folder. But when I do that, sp...

• Roadie
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   I downloaded an mp3 file and moves that to the folder where all my local f...
  • Thaliel
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution how to change the genres of your artistpage?

Busy looking around for 30 minutes and not idea where to post this or where to find an answer.through everynoise.com I found out my own band is labeled in only 1 very specific genre. This is not correct as we are much broader and not even countryspec...

• Casual Listener
  • Busy looking around for 30 minutes and not idea where to post this or where to find an answer. through everynoise.com  I found out my own band is labeled in only 1 very specific genre. This is ...
  • Danpatra
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • artist
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

[Desktop] Local files no longer linked

I recently discovered that spotify (Windows desktop version) could browse my local files and if they existed on spotify I could click on the song/artist/album and be taken to the page, where I could follow/add etc. I was happily making my way through...

• I recently discovered that spotify (Windows desktop version) could browse my local files and if they existed on spotify I could click on the song/artist/album and be taken to the page, where I could ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Autoplay still plays after turned off

PlanFamily PremiumCountryU.S.A.DeviceAcer LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issueso after spending 2 days trying to turn off autoplay i finally figured it out but even after i turned it off it still continued to use autoplay

• Plan Family Premium Country U.S.A. Device Acer Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue so after spending 2 days trying to turn off autoplay i finally figured it out b...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app for Windows 10 (PC) no longer working. Multiple attempts to uninstall and reinstall...

Hello. The Windows app for PC is no longer working after multiple attempts to uninstall/reinstall. Nothing but a black screen once downloaded. Spotify Premium user. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Music Fan
  • Hello. The Windows app for PC is no longer working after multiple attempts to uninstall/reinstall. Nothing but a black screen once downloaded. Spotify Premium user. Any help would be greatly apprecia...
  • Bella_K
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Windows Script Host Error

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDevice(Dell Laptop)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueWhenever I open the Desktop App, I get hit with an error as shown in the image belowI have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app multiple times, even uni...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country India Device (Dell Laptop) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Whenever I open the Desktop App, I get hit with an error as shown in the image belo...
  • Bella_K
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Activity Not Synced Correctly

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhile on Discord with a friend who is on my Friend Activity list, we discovered that the Friend Activity List was 1 song behind, as he was listening to his current...

1.png 2.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue While on Discord with a friend who is on my Friend Activity list, we discovered that th...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New Desktop Experience: Rollback instructions

This is buried in the New Desktop Experience thread. I'm submitting it here so that people can actually find it. @ymmv99 wrote:It's possible to roll back the updates and block any future updates. Just google "reddit Script to roll back latest update ...

• Roadie
  • This is buried in the New Desktop Experience thread. I'm submitting it here so that people can actually find it.    @ymmv99 wrote: It's possible to roll back the updates and block ...
  • m-elias
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Other] Artist's "about" tab isn't showing

I saw in the 2020 Wrapped that I was in the top 1% for an artist, so I went to the profile to check my rank like I've done in the past. Normally, you can click on the "about" tab and it will show you the monthly listeners. When I went to the profile,...

• Visitor
  • I saw in the 2020 Wrapped that I was in the top 1% for an artist, so I went to the profile to check my rank like I've done in the past. Normally, you can click on the "about" tab and it will show you...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs only play from my Library (Windows 10)

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceWindows Surface Pro 7Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI can only play songs saved to my Library (as an Album or on a Playlist). Example: go to the Artist page for Biffy Clyro, play the song 'Sounds Like Balloon...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Windows Surface Pro 7 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I can only play songs saved to my Library (as an Album or on a Playlist). &nbsp...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes