Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Music Keeps Pausing Every 2-4 Seconds.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 running spotify thru UWP My Question or IssueMy music keeps pausing every 2-4 seconds. Tried reinstalling logging out, no other devices do this.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 running spotify thru UWP   My Question or Issue My music keeps pausing every 2-4 seconds. Tried reinstalling logging...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution won't recognize local file

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I downloaded an mp3 file and moves that to the folder where all my local files are stored. I then deleted the original in my downloads folder. But when I do that, sp...

• Roadie
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   I downloaded an mp3 file and moves that to the folder where all my local f...
  • Thaliel
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution how to change the genres of your artistpage?

Busy looking around for 30 minutes and not idea where to post this or where to find an answer.through everynoise.com I found out my own band is labeled in only 1 very specific genre. This is not correct as we are much broader and not even countryspec...

• Casual Listener
  • Busy looking around for 30 minutes and not idea where to post this or where to find an answer. through everynoise.com  I found out my own band is labeled in only 1 very specific genre. This is ...
  • Danpatra
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • artist
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

[Desktop] Local files no longer linked

I recently discovered that spotify (Windows desktop version) could browse my local files and if they existed on spotify I could click on the song/artist/album and be taken to the page, where I could follow/add etc. I was happily making my way through...

• I recently discovered that spotify (Windows desktop version) could browse my local files and if they existed on spotify I could click on the song/artist/album and be taken to the page, where I could ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Autoplay still plays after turned off

PlanFamily PremiumCountryU.S.A.DeviceAcer LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issueso after spending 2 days trying to turn off autoplay i finally figured it out but even after i turned it off it still continued to use autoplay

• Plan Family Premium Country U.S.A. Device Acer Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue so after spending 2 days trying to turn off autoplay i finally figured it out b...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app for Windows 10 (PC) no longer working. Multiple attempts to uninstall and reinstall...

Hello. The Windows app for PC is no longer working after multiple attempts to uninstall/reinstall. Nothing but a black screen once downloaded. Spotify Premium user. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Music Fan
  • Hello. The Windows app for PC is no longer working after multiple attempts to uninstall/reinstall. Nothing but a black screen once downloaded. Spotify Premium user. Any help would be greatly apprecia...
  • Bella_K
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Windows Script Host Error

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDevice(Dell Laptop)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueWhenever I open the Desktop App, I get hit with an error as shown in the image belowI have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app multiple times, even uni...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country India Device (Dell Laptop) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Whenever I open the Desktop App, I get hit with an error as shown in the image belo...
  • Bella_K
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Activity Not Synced Correctly

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhile on Discord with a friend who is on my Friend Activity list, we discovered that the Friend Activity List was 1 song behind, as he was listening to his current...

1.png 2.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue While on Discord with a friend who is on my Friend Activity list, we discovered that th...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New Desktop Experience: Rollback instructions

This is buried in the New Desktop Experience thread. I'm submitting it here so that people can actually find it. @ymmv99 wrote:It's possible to roll back the updates and block any future updates. Just google "reddit Script to roll back latest update ...

• Roadie
  • This is buried in the New Desktop Experience thread. I'm submitting it here so that people can actually find it.    @ymmv99 wrote: It's possible to roll back the updates and block ...
  • m-elias
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Other] Artist's "about" tab isn't showing

I saw in the 2020 Wrapped that I was in the top 1% for an artist, so I went to the profile to check my rank like I've done in the past. Normally, you can click on the "about" tab and it will show you the monthly listeners. When I went to the profile,...

• Visitor
  • I saw in the 2020 Wrapped that I was in the top 1% for an artist, so I went to the profile to check my rank like I've done in the past. Normally, you can click on the "about" tab and it will show you...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs only play from my Library (Windows 10)

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceWindows Surface Pro 7Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI can only play songs saved to my Library (as an Album or on a Playlist). Example: go to the Artist page for Biffy Clyro, play the song 'Sounds Like Balloon...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Windows Surface Pro 7 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I can only play songs saved to my Library (as an Album or on a Playlist). &nbsp...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files are greyed out and not playing

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceLenovo YogaOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueLocal Files are greyed out and not playingI have tried everything listed in this post below and still not working.https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Play...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Lenovo Yoga Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Local Files are greyed out and not playing I have tried everything listed in this ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Fullscreen button in new version

Hi, last week I update the desktop app to the latest version, but I can´t find the fullscreen button in this new version, can you help me? I´m a premium user

• Visitor
  • Hi, last week I update the desktop app to the latest version, but I can´t find the fullscreen button in this new version, can you help me? I´m a premium user
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Songs won't play / Songs werden nicht abgespielt

Free/Premium FamilieCountry German DeviceSamsung S9; Web Player; iMac; Dell; etcOperating Systemdiv. android; win; iOS If I looking for an artist, it shows my a lot of Songs and discs, unfortunately these songs of some Artist are not playable. I trie...

• Casual Listener
  •   Free/Premium Familie Country German   Device Samsung S9; Web Player; iMac; Dell; etc Operating System div. android; win; iOS   If I looking for an artist, it shows my a lot ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution new desktop is awful - can't resize LH window of playlists

Latest auto update of WIn 10 app is rubbish: 1. Cannot resize LH playlist window so can't see most of each playlist name2. adding songs to a playlist used to add them to end of list, now that is not even an option Whoever redesigned this wasn't someo...

• Latest auto update of WIn 10 app is rubbish:   1. Cannot resize LH playlist window so can't see most of each playlist name 2. adding songs to a playlist used to add them to end of list, now t...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Artist song list missing

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueClicking on artist only shows top 5 or 10 popular songs and their discography, how can I access their entire song list in one page (preferably sorted by albums) like previ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Clicking on artist only shows top 5 or 10 popular songs and their discography, how can I a...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Why follow artists?

My Question or Issue Hi, just wondering the following.Seeing as our requests for the return of the notification bell were ignored, is the Release Radar the only point of following artists? Or does it have any other use?TIA

• Music Fan
  • My Question or Issue   Hi, just wondering the following. Seeing as our requests for the return of the notification bell were ignored, is the Release Radar the only point of following artists?...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Liked songs do not show up if artist is not followed

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceDesktop app and website playerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueCan we please get the ability to have our artist page show songs we have saved from artists that we are not following??? There are a few groups that...

• Plan Premium Country   Device Desktop app and website player Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Can we please get the ability to have our artist page show songs we...
  • Quentandr
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify defaults to Bluetooth Headset profile

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceIntel NUCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueI have a set of bluetooth earbuds which support both headphones and headset profile. I listen to Spotify with the bluetooth headphones profile 90% of the time, but when...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Intel NUC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I have a set of bluetooth earbuds which support both headphones and headset profile. I listen to Sp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! show cover picture in playlists

PlanPremium FamilyCountryAustriaDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Questionhow can I show cover picture next to songs in playlists?in the android app, for example, the cover picture is displayed to the left of the song title. This i want also ...

• Plan Premium Family Country Austria Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question how can I show cover picture next to songs in playlists? in the android app, for example, t...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes