Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!! Can't play a certain artist

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceAcer Spin 1 + Samsung Galaxy Note 4Operating SystemWindows 10, Android 6 My Question or IssueI've been trying to play songs by a certain artist on my laptop. No matter what song I click, I get an error message along the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Acer Spin 1 + Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Operating System Windows 10, Android 6   My Question or Issue I've been trying to play songs by a certain artist...
  • Luanne98
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't see my liked songs

PlanFreeCountryItalyDeviceSurface Book 2Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSince a few days ago I haven't been able to access my liked songs from my pc. If I open the liked songs tab it says "your liked songs will appear here" an then the...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Italy Device Surface Book 2 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Since a few days ago I haven't been able to access my liked songs from my pc. If I open...
  • Eni
  • 80 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 80 replies
  • 36 likes

How To Turn Off Automatic Download on Desktop

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDesktop-PCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueHey there!I've had this issue for a while now which has stopped me from using Spotify on my PC at all. The issue is that I can't open Spotify without the applicati...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Desktop-PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Hey there! I've had this issue for a while now which has stopped me from using Spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Installing as user, but uninstalling you need to be admin?

PlanBothCountrySweden DeviceHP laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have a company provided computer which means i am not admin. To install Spotify you don't have to be admin. So downloaded and installed it.After running the softwar...

• Not applicable
  • Plan Both Country Sweden   Device HP laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have a company provided computer which means i am not admin. To install Spotify y...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No internet connection detected error code 4 in Windows 7

Yesterday, I updated my Spotify app on Windows 7, and since then, I am getting this error. I have restarted my PC, reinstalled the app multiple times, cleared cache, tried changing the proxy settings, checked if my country is the right one on the web...

• Casual Listener
  • Yesterday, I updated my Spotify app on Windows 7, and since then, I am getting this error. I have restarted my PC, reinstalled the app multiple times, cleared cache, tried changing the proxy settings...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Why my computer freezes when I close spotify?

Never had this problem beforeI tried ctrl alt delete it didn't work. I had to restart it.My hard drive was being a slowpoke had to wait.

• Gig Goer
  • Never had this problem be fore I tried ctrl alt delete it didn't work. I had to restart it. My hard drive was being a slowpoke had to wait.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

clicking on cover art doesn't work when sort by is applied

So the quick lookup functionality on desktop where you click the cover art to go to the song instantly (useful for managing large playlists) doesn't work when the playlist has been sorted by something. It jumps to the number of the song in default so...

• Regular
  • So the quick lookup functionality on desktop where you click the cover art to go to the song instantly (useful for managing large playlists) doesn't work when the playlist has been sorted by somethin...
  • KomorebiKun
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Download songs/albums only on one device

PlanPremiumCountryGreeceDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello, Is there an option that the downloaded songs & albums can be stored in only one device?I have downloaded some in my Android phone, where I need them, but I just...

• Visitor
  •     Plan Premium Country Greece Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello,  Is there an option that the downloaded songs & albums can...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to uninstall spotify completely

How to uninstall spotify completely? I mean no traces in folders, registry etc. I'm using Windows 10 Home. I need to know how to remove my account too. My Firewall showing tons of connections with some servers when I run Spotify. I don't trust you an...

• Regular
  • How to uninstall spotify completely? I mean no traces in folders, registry etc. I'm using Windows 10 Home. I need to know how to remove my account too. My Firewall showing tons of connections with so...
  • yfitops
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lag, Slow, Won't Load, Massive Delay, Program Latency, Laggy

Spotify still has a pestering lag issue that some users still suffer across multiple platforms and it won't go away, nothing in the forums seems to helpBasically even something as simple as adjusting the volume slider on the program can take forever ...

• Music Fan
  •   Spotify still has a pestering lag issue that some users still suffer across multiple platforms and it won't go away, nothing in the forums seems to help Basically even something as simple ...
  • mcginter
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Delay
    Lag
    laggy
    latency
    slow
    won't load
  • 12 replies
  • 6 likes

Can't Play Any Song

I tried to play a playlist by transferring it from my mobile device to desktop and since then I cannot play any music on desktop. I have just turned on my pc thus I don't think it's a restart issue. I have already closed and reopened the app on the d...

• Visitor
  • I tried to play a playlist by transferring it from my mobile device to desktop and since then I cannot play any music on desktop. I have just turned on my pc thus I don't think it's a restart issue. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will start playing a song the play button is on but no noise comes out of spotify at all.

Plan freeFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System windows Winows 10 home(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue HI my issue is this some times not all the time spotify will sto...

• Regular
  • Plan free Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System windows Winows 10 home (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) &nbsp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play album - tracks are skipping

I tried to listen to the album Diamonds by Enforcer, but every track of the album starts to stutter after a couple of seconds and skips to the next song after about 10 seconds. When I try to play a specific song from this album, I sometimes get the e...

• Gig Goer
  • I tried to listen to the album Diamonds by Enforcer, but every track of the album starts to stutter after a couple of seconds and skips to the next song after about 10 seconds. When I try to pla...
  • Alsweider
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Any way to identify duplicates on two or more different playlists

So to exemplify, lets say i have two playlists:"Jazz A" which has my top-tier selections, and "Jazz B" which has my tier-b selections of the genreis there any way to check or cross-check playlists for duplicates, so if i want to add "Song 1" to "Jazz...

• Casual Listener
  • So to exemplify, lets say i have two playlists: "Jazz A" which has my top-tier selections, and "Jazz B" which has my tier-b selections of the genre is there any way to check or cross-check playlist...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

ellipsis is not present in lengthy titled recommended songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicewindows desktopOperating Systemwindows 8.1 My Question or IssueBug reporting- recommended songs does not parse long titles with an elipsis, unlike songs already in playlist.

d9977780919005bac963e9864a311042.png
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device windows desktop Operating System windows 8.1   My Question or Issue Bug reporting- recommended songs does not parse long titles with an elipsis,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't play an album

PlanPremiumCountryItaly DeviceSamsung Galaxy A5 2016Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi guys. I've got a strange isse with a single album, called "Diamonds" by the band Enforcer. I simply cannot play any songs from that LP, if i click o...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Italy   Device Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi guys. I've got a strange isse with a single album, called "Diam...
  • Alsweider
  • Gig Goer
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Windows 10 app lowers volume

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceDell LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueOn the Windows 10 Spotify app, the volume keeps lowering to a point where I can't hear it. I've tried every solution I've found including checking and unchecki...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country United States Device Dell Laptop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue On the Windows 10 Spotify app, the volume keeps lowering to a point where I can't hear it....
  • Kejoz
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Regression in 1.1.18.611: Window title doesn't show currently playing track

This has been an issue before: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Bring-back-artist-song-info-in-the-title-bar-Desktop/idi-p/1038937Please fix this ASAP, the Windows client is unusable for me right now.

• Casual Listener
  • This has been an issue before: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Bring-back-artist-song-info-in-the-title-bar-Desktop/idi-p/1038937 Please fix this ASAP, the Windows client is ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Liked Songs playing in shuffled order even when shuffle is off

PlanPremium For StudentsCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm a guy who likes to go through his songs artist by artist. The problem I'm having at the moment is that sometimes after one song plays, Spotify...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium For Students Country United States Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm a guy who likes to go through his songs artist by artist. The prob...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume randomly going back up after being aadjusted

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10Randomly while im playing a game or browsing the internet, my spotify volume bar will adjust itself to the volume it was at when it first opened (which is the max volume).

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 Randomly while im playing a game or browsing the internet, my spotify volume bar will adjust itself to the volume i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Volume Control
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes