Why does the new desktop update absolutely suck? So many features GONE.

Highlighted

Why does the new desktop update absolutely suck? So many features GONE.

Visitor

Spotify updated about a week ago on my laptop, and it's absolute trash now. I can no longer edit playlist photos or descriptions. When I click on my profile, I can't view my account the way others do anymore. I can't change the order of playlists anymore. I can't filter/search for songs in a playlist either. I can't add local files anymore, and any existing ones in playlists don't play anymore. I can't adjust the size of the left and right columns either. Also, the heart icon beside songs is no longer there, so how am I supposed to know which songs are saved or not? And the friend activity tab doesn't show up anymore, even if the toggle under display settings in turned on. Is there a way to revert the version of spotify I have? If not, will I just have to wait until an update where they fix their mess?

16 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Why does the new desktop update absolutely suck? So many features GONE.

Casual Listener

Agreed, this is terrible. I'm able to change the order of playlists, but it's incredibly inconvenient to do. Especially moving a song up in a playlist, because you can't drag it above the songs that are currently showing on the screen. You literally have to drag and drop it over and over and over and over to get it to the top of a playlist.

Also, playlists no longer show how many songs are in them. I will never understand why companies remove features and information like this for absolutely no reason.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Also the volume button is mostly chopped off if you resize the application window. Clearly there was very little effort put into QA testing of this new version.

Highlighted

Just wanted to chime in to agree - This is complete trash. I cant sort my playlists, its extremely slow to load playlists, it only loads part of longer playlists, which I then have to scroll aaaallllll the way to the bottom to play my latest songs. And if I want to listen to them in inverse order, I will need to do so manually now. Wonder if its time to try out Tidal...
Highlighted

Casual Listener

agreed!

for friends feed, i have to uninstall spotify and reinstall every time I start spotify.

I really dislike the new desktop version and I hope they change it to previous version yesterday.

I don't like not seeing when I added a song to playlist and unable to filter.

How the heck do I unfollow people?  I can't figure it out.

This downgrade is super annoying and not user friendly.

Any suggestion on how to unfollow people please let me know.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Hey everyone!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this in the Community!

We're sorry to hear you're unhappy with the recent changes we're currently testing on the desktop app. For now, the new test version is missing several features that used to be available on the desktop app.

We understand this is not ideal, so if you'd like to be able to switch between the test version and the old design, we suggest you add your +VOTE to this idea

There are also several ideas out there asking to bring back some of the lost features, such as the sorting option, local filesadding albums to the queue or the column showing the date a song was added to a playlist which you might want to consider up-voting to show your support - it's the best way to provide your feedback for new features such as this one.

Hope we were able to shed some light on the situation. Let us know if you have any further questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen
Highlighted

completly agreed!
Highlighted

Composer
Highlighted

Regular
you are no help
Highlighted

Composer

Nobody here can help you. 

SUGGESTED POSTS