Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

HP Envy laptop 13-ad0xx

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've posted this question before, for my laptop and phone.

I open the app, my music plays for 5 minutes or so and then my app crashes and closes.

The problem for my phone is completely solved, and my laptop was fine for a week, but now the problem is back.

I've tried to restart the router and did a clean reinstall, as suggested, but nothing works.

Does someone know what to do?

Thanks!

5 Replies

Hey there @manna1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

If the clean reinstall with these steps didn't work, something else you could try is to clear your hosts file by following the steps in this guide.

Also, make sure that Spotify is set as an exception in your laptop's firewall and antivirus.

Keep us posted on how it goes. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

It's been happening to me for a while as well... i'm really considering cancelling my account and migrate to apple music or literally any other streaming service. every feature they add just makes the app worse and worse. sometimes it doesn't even let you hear 5 seconds of music without crashing unexpectedly. it sucks

Hey @borgesvittoria,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried reinstalling the app following these specific steps?

Additionally, we suggest that you try cleaning up your host files following the steps in the guide @Carlos sent previously. 

If any of those does the trick, sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device would come in handy. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello,
I tried it and it worked 🙂
But then the new update came and the problem is back.
I tried everything that's listed above but it doesn't work anymore.
Thanks for the reply.

Hey @manna1,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you try going into the app settings and toggling Hardware Acceleration on/off and see if that has any effect.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts