Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • alexjamesbutler
  • 44 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 16 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • vadfasfd
  • Casual Listener
  • 234 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 234 replies
  • 19 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

Fix for corrupted song name/album/artist for files from local folders

Hi, If you have followed the "delete index.dat" solution:https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Not-all-local-files-showing-up-not-finding-albums-maybe/m-p/1732623#M23721 to fix problems with local files not appearing in Spotify, but are le...

• Hi,    If you have followed the "delete index.dat" solution: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Not-all-local-files-showing-up-not-finding-albums-maybe/m-p/1732623#M23721 ...
  • gedonis
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Cyrillic artists transliterated in desktop apps

PlanFreeCountryRussiaDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 x64 (Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.685) My Question or IssueFor some reason artists with Cyrillic names and/or titles are transliterated in desktop apps. language of desktop app is set to ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free Country Russia Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10 x64 (Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.685)   My Question or Issue For some reason artists with Cyrillic names and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No se reproducen automaticamente los accesos directos de Spotify

Plan PremiumCountry ArgentinaDevice Lenovo Legión Y520Operating System Windows 10 64 bitsApp Windows ProblemaHe realizado varios accesos directos de canciones y álbumes y los mismos no se reproducen de manera automática. Como agravante, la tecla "Ent...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Argentina Device Lenovo Legión Y520 Operating System Windows 10 64 bits App Windows    Problema He realizado varios accesos directos de...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics won't sync properly

Hey, I'm having this problem with the synchronization. The lyrics will eventually go back to the part where it was when I pressed play. When I click pause, it synchronizes again. What should I do? Related video attached.

• Hey, I'm having this problem with the synchronization.   The lyrics will eventually go back to the part where it was when I pressed play. When I click pause, it synchronizes again. What should...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Displaying the album cover in the player

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 7My Question or IssueIn the spotify app for PC, the album cover display is hidden in the lower-left corner of the playback bar. How to return it?

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Operating System Windows 7 My Question or Issue In the spotify app for PC, the album cover display is hidden in the lower-left corner of the playback bar. How to return it? ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Podcasts] It isn't possible to rewind and fast forward 15 seconds on Joe Rogan's Videos on desktop

I posted something similar a few weeks ago and received a response from a moderator that I didn't notice so the case was closed. I still have the problem though. The moderator said there should be a fast forward 15 seconds button on desktop and mobil...

• Casual Listener
  • I posted something similar a few weeks ago and received a response from a moderator that I didn't notice so the case was closed. I still have the problem though. The moderator said there should be a ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant view artist and album pages on pc

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceDesktop pcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueCant view albums and artist pages on pc when i try open says: “oops something wrong while load album/artist page”

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Desktop pc Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Cant view albums and artist pages on pc when i try open says: “oops something wrong whi...
  • Eni
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cache is 5.6gb. That's 4.6gb too large. How to PERMANENTLY change size AND location?

CountryUS of ADeviceAsusOperating SystemAsus GL503VMFMy Question or IssueI only have 120gb of space and I ran low so I looked around to see where I could save data and found what you see in the picture.I want to know how to PERMANENTLY change the siz...

• Visitor
  • Country US of A Device Asus Operating System Asus GL503VMF My Question or Issue I only have 120gb of space and I ran low so I looked around to see where I could save data and found what you se...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Cache
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can‘t following the artist on desktop windows

PlanFreeCountrychina Operating SystemWindows 10 x64 My Question or IssueAfter following the artist on desktop windows, if I restart the client, the artist will not be displayed in the library. But if I follow it on the web version, there is no proble...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country china   Operating System Windows 10 x64   My Question or Issue After following the artist on desktop windows, if I restart the client, the artist will not be disp...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Gap suddenly appearing between songs

Since it happened on a windows 10 computer as well I'll post it here too:So, on two different devices of mine (a mac and a windows 10 computer) I had an incident where suddenly two songs were separated with a gap where they previously weren't. This g...

• Gig Goer
  • Since it happened on a windows 10 computer as well I'll post it here too: So, on two different devices of mine (a mac and a windows 10 computer) I had an incident where suddenly two songs were separ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs will not play sequentially if mobile app installed

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DevicePC and LG phoneOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor a while now, whenever I wanted to listen to songs in order (that is by artist alphabetically (I'm trying to go through all my songs from the top down)) it w...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device PC and LG phone Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue For a while now, whenever I wanted to listen to songs in order (that is by ar...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I nest playlists?

PlanPremium Country Device Operating Systemwindows 10 My Question or IssueI'd like to be able to create a playlist which contains other playlists.For example: I'm creating playlists for Xmas and it would be easier to navigate if I had one "Christmas"...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Country   Device   Operating System windows 10   My Question or Issue I'd like to be able to create a playlist which contains other playlists. For examp...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Offline download location can't be changed.

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI picked the download location to be set in "D:\Spotify\" then got notification to restart the app. Yet when I restart the app, the download location is reverted back t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I picked the download location to be set in "D:\Spotify\" then got notification to restart t...
  • CarlosE
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • download location
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can’t personalize playlist

PlanFreeCountryUSADevice(iPhone 8Operating System(iOS 14 My Question or Issuei have the newest updates of iOS and spotify but still cannot personalize my playlist covers. there is no edit details button. also when i try to post this and look for help...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country USA Device (iPhone 8 Operating System (iOS 14   My Question or Issue i have the newest updates of iOS and spotify but still cannot personalize my playlist covers. th...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Unable to find internet connection (error code:4) only on desktop app

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAfter being able to use the desktop app perfectly fine, it's now saying it's offline and unable to find an internet connection. Spotify is working fine on my other devices...

• Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue After being able to use the desktop app perfectly fine, it's now saying it's offline and unable to ...
  • sumwon
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Desktop
    Windows 10
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Cannot listen to music: only Android App works

Plan: PremiumCountry: ItalyDevice: Notebook AsusOperating System: Windows 10I just reinstalled the Desktop App from Microsoft Store, I can access but I am not able to play any song and all the playlists are empty. Morover, web player does not work, I...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: Italy Device: Notebook Asus Operating System: Windows 10 I just reinstalled the Desktop App from Microsoft Store, I can access but I am not able to play any song and all th...
  • davcos
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Android
    Desktop (Windows)
    throubleshooting
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify acting wonky, spawning multiple processes, and crashing

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Notebook 9 Pen (laptop computer)Operating SystemWindows 10 ProMy Question or IssueSpotify is acting wonky, spawning multiple processes, and crashing, usually within seconds of launching. Attached are two screen shots...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Samsung Notebook 9 Pen (laptop computer) Operating System Windows 10 Pro My Question or Issue Spotify is acting wonky, spawning multiple processes, and crashin...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[SOLVED] (ish) Spotify blocks taskar set to auto-hide

Hi! This might be related to this bug and the older archived one it references: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Desktop-Windows-Can-t-access-auto-hidden-taskbar-when-maximised/idi-p/2591456 On a my Windows 10 laptop, spotify initially...

• Regular
  • Hi!    This might be related to this bug and the older archived one it references: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Desktop-Windows-Can-t-access-auto-hidden-taskbar-wh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    solved
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My Spotify is not working

PlanpremiumCountryspainDevice Operating Systemwindows 7 My Question or IssueHi, this is my first time here. I just installed spotify in my windows. All my playlists appear empty, my songs, artists, albums, etc. And if I search a song it don't play an...

• Regular
  • Plan premium Country spain Device   Operating System windows 7    My Question or Issue Hi, this is my first time here. I just installed spotify in my windows. All my playlist...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stays in foreground

My IssueWhen I ALT+Tab or click outside the Spotify window, it stays in foreground and doesn't go in background. The only workaround is to press the icon to minimize it (which technically isn't the same thing as making it go in the background). This ...

• Music Fan
  • My Issue When I ALT+Tab  or click outside the Spotify window, it stays in foreground and doesn't go in background. The only workaround is to press the icon to minimize it (which technically isn...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes