Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify plays in low quality even though it's set to high

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My IssueI have really bad internet connection and I've set the streaming quality to High because I'd rather have the music pause to buffer than play in really low quality. And even though I d...

• Plan Premium Country Poland Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Issue I have really bad internet connection and I've set the streaming quality to High because I'd rather have th...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[Desktop][Other] Spotify should not flash its taskbar button because it started.

When Spotify starts it flashes its taskbar button.I expect that Spotify needs some kind of attention or has an alert for me, because that's the purpose of flashing the taskbar button.When I click on its button I am presented with the Spotify applicat...

• Regular
  • When Spotify starts it flashes its taskbar button. I expect that Spotify needs some kind of attention or has an alert for me, because that's the purpose of flashing the taskbar button. When I click...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify is broken !! Songs won't play and my name is an ID

PlanFreeCountryAlbaniaDeviceHP Pavillion 15Operating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueI tried reinstalling Spotify and this happened. I logged in with my Facebook account and the username shows my Spotify ID , also songs WONT PLAY even if I clic...

• Plan Free Country Albania Device HP Pavillion 15 Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue I tried reinstalling Spotify and this happened. I logged in with my Facebook a...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Desktop has this weird bottom gap since 6 months now when on max window

PlanFreeCountryINDeviceLenovo Laptop G50Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSee the screenshot and DO NOT, DO NOT suggest me to re install or anything, I have already tried all basic troubleshooting and I earlier reported but nothing Spoti...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country IN Device Lenovo Laptop G50 Operating System Windows 10    My Question or Issue See the screenshot and DO NOT, DO NOT suggest me to re install or anything, I hav...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify consumes a lot of my system resources

My Question or IssueHi, I have installed the Spotify application for Windows but the problem is that Spotify consumes a lot of system resources such as hard disk usage, so will it be better to use the browser version of Spotify? Operating SystemWindo...

• My Question or Issue Hi, I have installed the Spotify application for Windows but the problem is that Spotify consumes a lot of system resources such as hard disk usage, so will it be better to use ...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Black screen for at least 45 mins on Windows 10

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueSo when I start my mainstream pc and open spotify, I get a black screen for up to an hour. I ...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue So when...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Need way to sort playlist FOLDERS

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceLenovo PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI need/am looking for a way to alphabetize or reorganize my playlist folders without having to drag and drop them in my list one at a time. Is there any existing mecha...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Lenovo PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I need/am looking for a way to alphabetize or reorganize my playlist folders without having...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Next Up" list automatically refreshes upon deletion

Hi, I'm streaming Premium Duo on Windows 10 on an Asus Zenbook.If I try to clear out the entirety of the "Next Up" list -- either by using shift + scrolling to the end if there's something big in there (a multi-part album or playlist), or just manual...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm streaming Premium Duo on Windows 10 on an Asus Zenbook. If I try to clear out the entirety of the "Next Up" list -- either by using shift + scrolling to the end if there's something big in t...
  • Novy
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify wakes pc from sleep

PlanPremiumRomania Device(Iphone 11 pro max , pc)Operating System(IOS 13 , windows 10) I usually put my pc in sleep and it was working for the last 6 months but now when i open Spotify app on IOS it turns automatically my pc on . Please help I can't ...

• Plan Premium Romania   Device (Iphone 11 pro max , pc) Operating System (IOS 13 , windows 10)   I usually put my pc in sleep and it was working for the last 6 months but now w...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Year not displayed properly on release date column

PlanPremiumCountrySpain (spanish languaje) DevicePC WindowsOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI love the Spotify windows 10 app, but...When I look at the episode / song list of a podcast / album, the width of the date column is not wide e...

ABEGINES_0-1601973035923.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Spain (spanish languaje)   Device PC Windows Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I love the Spotify windows 10 app, but... When I look at t...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

local files sync broken... again...

PlanPremiumCountryFRDeviceDesktop PC // Motorola OneOperating SystemWindows 10 20H2 // Android 10 My Question or IssueLocal files sync is broken again, both apps are up to date. Open spotify on both of the applications. Sync a playlist with local fil...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country FR Device Desktop PC // Motorola One Operating System Windows 10 20H2 // Android 10   My Question or Issue Local files sync is broken again, both apps are up to da...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify can't save the volume state when restarting the computer

I don't understand what is the problem with Spotify software designers. Clearly they don't use the software, at least on PC (Windows). I don't understand why Spotify don't have simple features, such as global hotkeys, or default device selection... b...

• Music Fan
  • I don't understand what is the problem with Spotify software designers. Clearly they don't use the software, at least on PC (Windows). I don't understand why Spotify don't have simple features, such ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Friend Activity failed to load

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceAsus LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI recently was unable to see my friends list. I already tried troubleshooting by going into system32/drivers/ect/hosts, but I can't see the Spotify link that ever...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device Asus Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I recently was unable to see my friends list. I already tried troubleshooting by going...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Windows fullscreen mode does not appear

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDevicepersonal computerOperating SystemWindows 10 Home My Question or Issuei used to able to use fullscreen mode on the bottom right but it dissappeared. I did some research about it they saying you need to have premium accoun...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Turkey Device personal computer Operating System Windows 10 Home   My Question or Issue i used to able to use fullscreen mode on the bottom right but it di...
  • Eni
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution "Can't play current song" error

DevicePC Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi I need some help because spotify desktop app ( for windows 10 ) it's driving me nuts. So a few hours ago the app was all good, no errors, no problems but now when I try to play a song it star...

• Casual Listener
  • Device PC  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi I need some help because spotify desktop app ( for windows 10 ) it's driving me nuts. So a few hours ago the app was a...
  • Eni
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Troubleshooting
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Play/ shuffle a folder on Android/ mobile

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceSamsung phoneOperating SystemAndroidMy Question or IssueI like to gather together the 'This is' (band name) lists created by Spotify into folders of various themes and then shuffle the folder to get a good mix of the best tu...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device Samsung phone Operating System Android My Question or Issue I like to gather together the 'This is' (band name) lists created by Spotify into folders o...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Running or trying to uninstall Spotify causes BSOD

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I try to run or uninstall Spotify on my PC, there is an instant blue screen of death. The screen labels it as a Kernel Data Inpage Error. As far as...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whenever I try to run or uninstall Spotify on my PC, there is an instant blue sc...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Scrolling throught misfits podcast make the titles dissapear

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueTitle dissapear when scrolling too far

Capture.1PNG.PNG Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Title dissapear when scrolling too far
  • Novy
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • desktop app
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't add local files to my favorites from the desktop application.

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceXiaomi Redmi 8 4/64 GBOperating SystemWindows 7 Home Premium (x64) My Question or IssueWhy can I add local files to my favorites only from the mobile application? Why can't I do it from the desktop application?

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device Xiaomi Redmi 8 4/64 GB Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)   My Question or Issue Why can I add local files to my favorites only from the m...
  • Novy
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop app doesn't offer to continue where I stopped on iPhone

Hello,I'm a premium user and I found something strange: Let's imagine: While on way to home I'm listening Spotify. When I come home I'm putting my iPhone on the table and forgeting about it. I'm starting to use PC. How can I continue to listen track ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I'm a premium user and I found something strange:   Let's imagine: While on way to home I'm listening Spotify. When I come home I'm putting my iPhone on the table and forgeting about i...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes