Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution SPOTIFY SU WIN7

 PlanFree/PremiumCountryITALYDevice Operating SystemWIN7 e MACOS MOJAVE My Question or IssueVorrei sapere come mai in WIN7 e in MacOs MOJAV nell'app Spotify:1) non ci sono i 4 campi cliccabili PANORAMICA - AI FAN PIACE ANCHE - INFORMAZIONI - CONCERTI...

Spotify ScreenShot.JPG
  • Visitor
  •   Plan Free/Premium Country ITALY Device   Operating System WIN7 e MACOS MOJAVE         My Question or Issue Vorrei sapere come mai in WIN7 e in MacOs MOJAV nel...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Installation takes forever !!

PlanPremiumCountryCanada DeviceIntel Xeon , very recent, 64 gigs of RamOperating SystemWin 10 My Question or Issue The installation of th desktop app is really long. Aborting the process takes even longer. This is really bad and makes me feel like ne...

•   Plan Premium Country Canada  Device Intel Xeon , very recent, 64 gigs of Ram Operating System Win 10   My Question or Issue  The installation of th desktop app is rea...
  • KSutton
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Listening to local files on one desktop different from the source

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.ADeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIs it possible to listen to local files on a desktop that isn't the source of the download? Example, can I listen to a mixtape on my desktop PC when I have the file...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country U.S.A Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Is it possible to listen to local files on a desktop that isn't the source of th...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't see the year in Podcasts

Self explanatory. Screen resolution (laptop default) 1366 x 768. As advice, delete the word "de" in the date could do the job. Also shorten the year to 2 digits format.

• Music Fan
  • Self explanatory. Screen resolution (laptop default) 1366 x 768.   As advice, delete the word "de" in the date could do the job. Also shorten the year to 2 digits format.    
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Appears On" section is missing on the Beatles' profile

I can see the band's discography, playlists, and other similar artists, but not an "Appears On" section On the PC and iOS apps, I never see a section where the band's music appears on other albums. open.spotify.com/artist/3WrFJ7ztbogyGnTHbHJFl2

• Roadie
  • I can see the band's discography, playlists, and other similar artists, but not an "Appears On" section   On the PC and iOS apps, I never see a section where the band's music appears on other ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song suddenly playing or changes

Device(Lenovo Ideapad 330)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueHello, i wanna to ask if there is someone who have a same case or know whats going on and what to do. When i'm playing some songs, in the middle or maybe a few second suddenly...

• Visitor
  • Device (Lenovo Ideapad 330) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Hello, i wanna to ask if there is someone who have a same case or know whats going on and what to do. &nbs...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • tracklist
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My Followers Don't See What I Listen

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDevice(Huawei Mate 20 Lite, Toshiba Satellite L755)Operating System(Androd, Windows 10 Pro) My Question or Issue:I enabled Friend Activity option on laptop and phone but it doesn't work. I asked to my friends and they said it'...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device (Huawei Mate 20 Lite, Toshiba Satellite L755) Operating System (Androd, Windows 10 Pro)   My Question or Issue: I enabled Friend Activity option on l...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution PC - Local Files greyed out and skipped during playback, but still playable manually

First, the basics. Spotify App, Windows 10.I have a number of mp3s purchased through Amazon that aren't on Spotify, and I keep them on a local NAS. I've added them to the local file sources, and set them into playlists, and they start off playable. H...

• First, the basics.  Spotify App, Windows 10. I have a number of mp3s purchased through Amazon that aren't on Spotify, and I keep them on a local NAS.  I've added them to the local file sou...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I keep my PC and my mobile sessions seperate?

PlanPremiumCountryScotlandDeviceSamsung S20 / PCOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)Android 11 / Windows 10My Question or IssueI have playlists that I use in my car from my mobile phone when driving/working. I have other playlists ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Scotland Device Samsung S20 / PC Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) Android 11 / Windows 10 My Question or Issue I have playlists that I use ...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Podcasts] Cant play JRE video or audio whilst using a VPN

Using windows laptop app, can't play JRE videos or audio on SPOTIFY PREMIUM whilst VPN is connected. Which will make my subscription redundant. Any ideas how to fix or if SPOTIFY will update the settings so I can listen by my own volition.

• Visitor
  • Using windows laptop app, can't play JRE videos or audio on SPOTIFY PREMIUM whilst VPN is connected.  Which will make my subscription redundant. Any ideas how to fix or if SPOTIFY will update th...
  • Eni
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Podcasts
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution There's not all my songs in liked songs

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDevicepcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm asking for help because when I liked an album and all songs on my phone, I can't find my new liked songs in "liked" playlist on my computer.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country France Device pc Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm asking for help because when I liked an album and all songs on my phone, I can't find my ne...
  • Novy
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle Probability

Spotify Shuffle is neither a shuffle nor a randomizer.Like carlcanyon explains in his post on the matter, a randomizer picks out of a set list, giving each item the same probability every time, and does not discriminate based on any facts/statistics....

• Spotify Shuffle is neither a shuffle nor a randomizer. Like carlcanyon explains in his post on the matter, a randomizer picks out of a set list, giving each item the same probability every time, and...
  • Novy
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify failure

PlanPremiumCountry Devicedesktop, samsung tablet, samsung S9Operating SystemAndroid, windows My Question or IssueI'm very frustrated with the lack of functioning on the spotify apps. It doesn't matter what device or OS I use. I set my playlist to pla...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country   Device desktop, samsung tablet, samsung S9 Operating System Android, windows   My Question or Issue I'm very frustrated with the lack of functioning on the ...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Error 24 when installing Spotify Version 1.1.51.382

I get the error message24 when I try to install the version 1.1.51.382. I found the update file (spotify_installer-1.1.51.382.g8e3b11ed-55.exe) in the Local\Spotify\Update folder and deleted the folder already but after a second try I got the same er...

• Music Fan
  • I get the error message24 when I try to install the version 1.1.51.382. I found the update file (spotify_installer-1.1.51.382.g8e3b11ed-55.exe) in the Local\Spotify\Update folder and deleted the fold...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows 10 - Spotify sets on pause by itself

PlanFree/PremiumCountryFranceDevice Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueBonjour, J'ai installé Spotify hier et l'application a parfaitement fonctionné toute la journée: comme j'ai la version gratuite, du temps à autre il y avait de la publ...

• Visitor
  • ...onctionné toute la journée: comme j'ai la version gratuite, du temps à autre il y avait de la publicité (curieusement en allemand alors que je suis française) - donc tout allait bien. Depuis ce matin, la l...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Onkyo AV Receiver is not shown even with Spotify Premium Account

PlanPremiumDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 x64 My Question or IssueI have Onkyo AV Receiver connect to my Windows 10 x64 and runs ALL AUDIO through it via the Nvidia Geforce 1080gtx connected to the Hdmi then connected to the Hdmi on Onkyo AV Rece...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device PC Operating System Windows 10 x64   My Question or Issue I have Onkyo AV Receiver connect to my Windows 10 x64 and runs ALL AUDIO through it via the Nvidia Geforce 1...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • AV RECEIVER
    Onkyo
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Searching shows the same things

PlanPremiumDeviceDell Inspiron 15 GamingOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I search something it shows the exact same thing. I could search for The Strokes and it would show me the last thing I'd search for, for example, The Velv...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whenever I search something it shows the exact same thing. I could search for The Strokes a...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify cant play this song at the time - driver issue? 384khz issue.

PlanPremiumCountryAUTDeviceWindows 10 Pro, latest build, PCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issue"Spotify kann dies zurzeit nicht abspielen"/(Spotify can't play this song at the moment)I recently got a soundblasterX G6 external USB soundcard,...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country AUT Device Windows 10 Pro, latest build, PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue "Spotify kann dies zurzeit nicht abspielen"/(Spotify can't play ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Creative
    soundblaster
    Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

[Desktop][Other] Amazon Firestick

Does anyone know how to un-sync a Firestick? I am at my office and Spotify keeps forfeiting back to my living room...

• Visitor
  • Does anyone know how to un-sync a Firestick? I am at my office and Spotify keeps forfeiting back to my living room...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Extremely stressful ads for people with PTSD

PlanFreeCountry USA DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThere is one extremely triggering ad about anti-vaping by the real cost. it starts out with people screaming in horror and it triggers my PTSD a lot. I have heard it many time...

•   Plan Free Country USA   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue There is one extremely triggering ad about anti-vaping by the real cost. it starts o...
  • eliipsism
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes