Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] spotify won't play anything at all

[Desktop][Other] spotify won't play anything at all

Every time I try to play something on Spotify, it says "This content is not available". Sometimes when I try to log in it says that my firewall might be blocking Spotify. I have checked the firewall. It is set to allow Spotify. I tried changing the proxy settings to "no proxy" to see if that helped. It didn't. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify to see if that changed anything. It didn't. I logged out of Spotify on my phone to see if that would help. It didn't. Spotify has gone from working perfectly on my laptop to not working at all and I have no idea why.

By the way, my computer is a Lenovo Yoga C940-14IIL running Windows 10.

1 Reply

Hey there @pniemeyer17

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one? Make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store

On another note, could you try using a different internet connection, like another WiFi network or a mobile hotspot to check if that makes the difference? If you're using a VPN, try disabling it.

Lastly, would you mind checking if it works fine on the web player?

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts