Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Desktop PC connected to network via LAN cannot see Goggle Home Devices

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceDell PCOperating SystemWindows 10 HomeMy Question or IssueMy Desktop PC is connected to my WiFi router via a LAN cable but I cannot cast music to me Google Home devices as they don't appear in my 'Devices Available' list. I ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Dell PC Operating System Windows 10 Home My Question or Issue My Desktop PC is connected to my WiFi router via a LAN cable but I cannot cast music to me Google...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps muting

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceLenovo Legion Y540Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I open Spotify I mutes itself, when I try to unmute it in my volume mixer it stays unmuted in the volume mixer. I tried to uninstall Spotify ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device Lenovo Legion Y540 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I open Spotify I mutes itself, when I try to unmute it in my volu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • muted
    problem
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows client showing The Scotts as recently played?

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWin10 build 18362 My Question or IssueWhen I open my desktop client I keep seeing the group The Scotts as recently played and none of my actual recently played are showing. The Android client and Nest clien...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System Win10 build 18362   My Question or Issue When I open my desktop client I keep seeing the group The Scotts as recently played and none...
  • iambudthechud
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App (PC) and Phone (Galaxy S9) Crashes

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePC, Samsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemWindows 10, Android 10My Question or IssueWhy does my Spotify (PC) close when connecting to the internet? I can´t even open it anymore. I reinstalled the App several Times and even R...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device PC, Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Windows 10, Android 10 My Question or Issue Why does my Spotify (PC) close when connecting to the internet? I can´t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts aren't updating

PlanFreeCountry United KingdomDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Podcasts have all stopped updating all on either the 14th of January or the 24th. Many of these podcasts have a new episode and most have multiple new episodes that...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  United Kingdom Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Podcasts have all stopped updating all on either the 14th of January or the 24...
  • danmariz
  • Visitor
  • 12 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 6 likes

App skipping songs in sorted playlist but shuffle is disabled? (solution)

If you are noticing the desktop app skipping songs in your playlist that you have sorted using the length field (song length) I have a workaround. After sorting the songs, highlight all the songs and add to a new playlist. The new playlist will have ...

• Music Fan
  • If you are noticing the desktop app skipping songs in your playlist that you have sorted using the length field (song length) I have a workaround.  After sorting the songs, highlight all the son...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • skipping
    sorted
    sorting
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is different in both accounts

PlanPremiumCountryThaiDevicePCOperating SystemWindow10My Question or IssueAs you could see as attached files, it shown that both spotify are quite different, but the version of spotify is the same, window10 in both also.Therefore, for the picture 1, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Thai Device PC Operating System Window10 My Question or Issue As you could see as attached files, it shown that both spotify are quite different, but the version of spot...
  • tiimbz
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

[Other] Why can't I change my playlist artwork anymore on Windows version?

I'm no longer able to choose the playlist artwork or update my profile picture on the Desktop app. I can't do it on mobile or web page either. I found thousands of comments from others over the last 2 weeks on Youtube saying the same thing but no wor...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm no longer able to choose the playlist artwork or update my profile picture on the Desktop app. I can't do it on mobile or web page either. I found thousands of comments from others over the last ...
  • tiimbz
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows APP Broken? No longer able to update playlist images or profile images since last update.

I'm no longer able to choose the playlist artwork or update my profile picture on the Desktop app. I can't do it on mobile or web page either. I found thousands of comments from others over the last 2 weeks on Youtube saying the same thing but no wor...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm no longer able to choose the playlist artwork or update my profile picture on the Desktop app. I can't do it on mobile or web page either.   I found thousands of comments from others over ...
  • godsdjs
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Win10 cannot play via bluetooth

The Win10 application which I have downloaded using the Microsoft Store it is not allowing me to play musing through Bluetooth or USB headphones, just the laptop's speakers or 3.5mm Jack port.If I'm playing I can hear the game in the Bluetooth headse...

• Casual Listener
  • The Win10 application which I have downloaded using the Microsoft Store it is not allowing me to play musing through Bluetooth or USB headphones, just the laptop's speakers or 3.5mm Jack port. If I'...
  • Busulik
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution ERROR CODE 12

PlanPremiumCountrySPAIN Device(Sony VAIO)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueI used to listen to my spotify songs on the app on pc but the last couple of days shows a message up saying code error 12, there is no more space in the disc, b...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country SPAIN   Device (Sony VAIO) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I used to listen to my spotify songs on the app on pc but the last co...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Make full playlist show up in desktop

I have the desktop app and the playlists are being listed weirdly (as you can see in the screenshot) and are also not showing all of the songs in my playlist unless I chose to edit. Is there some way to make all of the songs show up, vertically, like...

• Visitor
  • I have the desktop app and the playlists are being listed weirdly (as you can see in the screenshot) and are also not showing all of the songs in my playlist unless I chose to edit. Is there some way...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't add a profile picture

PlanFreeCountry DeviceWindowsOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Whenever I try changing my profile picture, it just doesn't give me the option to. (Check image, and yes, I'm aware the cursor won't show in the image but it was hovering ov...

CatsEyeSpinel_1-1590548616800.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Free Country   Device Windows Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Whenever I try changing my profile picture, it just doesn't give me the option to. (C...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist with local files not playing

My Spotify Playlist with local files only does not play when I send it to another person. When they receive it and they tap the play button, nothing happens. Also when I open this playlist on my phone, NOTHING shows up! This issue has been very frust...

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify Playlist with local files only does not play when I send it to another person. When they receive it and they tap the play button, nothing happens. Also when I open this playlist on my phon...
  • Kassam
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No more local files feature!

PlanPremiumDeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issue I moved to YouTube music but I decided to give Spotify one last go after being a Premium member for years. With this latest version, I'm unable to add local files, After search...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue   I moved to YouTube music but I decided to give Spotify one last go after being a Premium member for year...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • local files
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist Cover Keeps Changing Back to Previous Artwork

Hi, I currently have a problem where upon updating the cover image for my playlist, it reverts back to its previous version immediately as soon as I change playlist and/or exit and re-enter the application. I can double-check and confirm it changes b...

• Hi, I currently have a problem where upon updating the cover image for my playlist, it reverts back to its previous version immediately as soon as I change playlist and/or exit and re-enter the appli...
  • Holzhaendler
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution Multiple Track Selection as Radio Root

How is it that you can make a Radio root from a playlist that has multiple tracks but not by just selecting multiple tracks on any list and having that be a root? I could have sworn this used to be possible. Why should the user waste time creating a ...

• Roadie
  • How is it that you can make a Radio root from a playlist that has multiple tracks but not by just selecting multiple tracks on any list and having that be a root? I could have sworn this used to be p...
  • nysteve
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Comedy] Genre/Mood Page is Just the Podcast Page...

Despite Spotify Mobile (both Andriod & iOS) listing a few popular podcasts, new album releases and a "radio" button...Spotify Desktop simply lists NOTHING BUT podcasts. In fact it's the exact same page as the Browse>Podcasts>Comedy page. What gives.....

• Despite Spotify Mobile (both Andriod & iOS) listing a few popular podcasts, new album releases and a "radio" button...Spotify Desktop simply lists NOTHING BUT podcasts. In fact it's the exact sam...
  • kyopoboy
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Env: prod