Country

Germany

Device

Notebook

Operating System

Windows 8.1

My Question or Issue

Hey,

when you open an artist's page, at the very bottom you will find the information "Discovered in", where you can view playlists that contain music by the currently opened artist.

I wonder how your own playlist shows up there. I don't think I've ever seen my own playlist there. There I think also only a certain number of playlists are included I think, right? If so, what does that depend on?

But even with artists, where only a few playlists with this artist exist, my playlist is not displayed. Or do I just not see my own playlist there?

Can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Creatiive,

Thanks for the post.

The Discovered on section is automatically updated and populated with playlists. There are songs and artists added to millions of playlists, so the system needs to pick the most popular ones in order to add them to Discovered on

It takes playlists with the most followers and regular monthly listens.

Hope this clears things up. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi there @Creatiive,

Thank you for your reply. 

Even with artists that have a smaller number of listeners, the algorithm takes several things into consideration to choose which playlists are shown in that section.

Unfortunately, from our end we don't have specific information to share about the criteria the algorithm is based on, but it goes along the lines of what @Alex shared in the post above.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

MafeGModerator

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Creatiive,

Thanks for the post.

The Discovered on section is automatically updated and populated with playlists. There are songs and artists added to millions of playlists, so the system needs to pick the most popular ones in order to add them to Discovered on

It takes playlists with the most followers and regular monthly listens.

Hope this clears things up. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator

Hello,

I have another question on the subject. I have understood everything  There is also apparently a limited number of playlist, which is listed there. But there is for example an artist with just 168 listeners in the month and at "Discovered in" three playlists are displayed. Normally, even more playlists can be listed there.

Why is my playlist not included there, even though I have a song by the artist in my playlist and I am not in competition with any playlists, so to speak, since the maximum number of playlists listed is far from being reached?

Does a playlist still have to meet any criteria to be listed there, like a certain number of monthly listeners?

Thanks!

Marked as solution

Hi there @Creatiive,

Thank you for your reply. 

Even with artists that have a smaller number of listeners, the algorithm takes several things into consideration to choose which playlists are shown in that section.

Unfortunately, from our end we don't have specific information to share about the criteria the algorithm is based on, but it goes along the lines of what @Alex shared in the post above.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

MafeGModerator

Suggested posts