Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Weird issue

DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 Using the web based player. If I click on a single and then go back to the artist page the single I clicked on has moved to the album section!

• Not applicable
  • Device PC Operating System Windows 10   Using the web based player. If I click on a single and then go back to the artist page the single I clicked on has moved to the album section! &nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to play music due to ads not playing

I use the windows 10 desktop app and recently whenever I get an ad (I use the free version) the ad will NOT play, this means that in order to resume my music I have to completely restart Spotify to continue playing my music. The ad timer displays 0:0...

• I use the windows 10 desktop app and recently whenever I get an ad (I use the free version) the ad will NOT play, this means that in order to resume my music I have to completely restart Spotify to c...
  • RTWBart
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't 'like' local songs?

I can't find a way to 'like' a local song, yet if I play the same song from spotify's library I can like it. Local songs also do not appear in 'Recently Played'. My conclusion is that local songs do not contribute to recommendations, is that correct?...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't find a way to 'like' a local song, yet if I play the same song from spotify's library I can like it.  Local songs also do not appear in 'Recently Played'.   My conclusion is th...
  • 引きこもり
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution How to correct EQ (bass level) in desktop app?

I just signed up for a premium plan, using the desktop app Win 10, the bass is boosted significantly - how can I correct it - where is the EQ control? Even after turning the bass all the way down on my audio system it is still over-boosted. I've comp...

• Casual Listener
  • I just signed up for a premium plan, using the desktop app Win 10, the bass is boosted significantly - how can I correct it - where is the EQ control?   Even after turning the bass all the ...
  • Jeremy
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Clear Liked songs

How can I easily clear all my Liked Songs, with a mouse click or two? I have almost 1,500 and want to start over again. Thanks.PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceWindowsOperating SystemWindows 10,My Question or IssueHow can I easily clear all my Liked Songs,...

• Casual Listener
  • How can I easily clear all my Liked Songs, with a mouse click or two?  I have almost 1,500 and want to start over again.  Thanks. Plan Premium Country USA Device Windows Operating Sy...
  • 引きこもり
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

mouse button 3,4,5 issues

There is some bad code associated with mouse buttons 3,4,5 in the Spotify PC desktop client. It doesn't necessarily break anything as far as I can tell. However, it reflects the low quality and neglect of the Spotify desktop experience. These are bas...

• Songwriter
  • There is some bad code associated with mouse buttons 3,4,5 in the Spotify PC desktop client. It doesn't necessarily break anything as far as I can tell. However, it reflects the low quality and negle...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Clicking the album icon doesn't take you to the correct song

PlanPremiumDeviceComputer running Windows 10Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThis is a bug that has been bothering me for a while now, not sure how long it's been around, but thought I should post a bug report so that it might get fixed...

Spotify GIF.gif
  • Plan Premium Device Computer running Windows 10 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue This is a bug that has been bothering me for a while now, not sure how long it's been a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs ending early / unplayable songs

Hey, I have just been really annoyed with the app recently and wanted to give my feedback.I am on a laptop (don't exactly know the model) and a lot of the time the song stops with 1 or 2 seconds left and I have to manually skip. This happens on a lot...

• Visitor
  • Hey, I have just been really annoyed with the app recently and wanted to give my feedback. I am on a laptop (don't exactly know the model) and a lot of the time the song stops with 1 or 2 seconds le...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Home screen not updating

PlanPremium Country DeviceWindows App Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy home screen hasn't updated my recently played music on the home screen in months, nor most of the home recommendations. I see the same stuff every day and I'm sti...

• Plan Premium  Country   Device Windows App  Operating System Windows 10    My Question or Issue My home screen hasn't updated my recently played music on the home s...
  • ashbit_
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution After using Spotify app, the audio stops functioning on my laptop.

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: ASUS Zenbook 14 UX433FN-BP8201T Notebook (purchased in Hong Kong)Operating System: Windows 10My Question or Issue: I downloaded and installed the Spotify app for Windows. I like to play music through the app when I us...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: ASUS Zenbook 14 UX433FN-BP8201T Notebook (purchased in Hong Kong) Operating System: Windows 10 My Question or Issue: I downloaded and installed the Spotify app ...
  • alexwang90
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently Updated Podcast Episodes

How is the Spotify UI experience on desktop (Windows 10) so much worse than mobile? All I want is the ability to see which of my Podcasts has a new episode - something available on mobile but not desktop. Adding in the total lack of support for Spoti...

• How is the Spotify UI experience on desktop (Windows 10) so much worse than mobile? All I want is the ability to see which of my Podcasts has a new episode - something available on mobile but not des...
  • 7Surf7
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Fichier musique téléchargée corrompu impossible à lire

PlanPremiumCountryFranceOperating System(Windows 7) My Question or IssueBonjour,Je me suis abonnée pour télécharger des musiques.Malheureusement les fichiers téléchargés sont corrompus.Impossible de les lire !Une seule musique téléchargée → une dizai...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country France Operating System (Windows 7)   My Question or Issue Bonjour, Je me suis abonnée pour télécharger des musiques. Malheureusement les fichiers téléchargés sont...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ads screws up my multiple screen settings

PlanFree/PremiumCountryDenmarkDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI use the desktop app a lot at work, where I have 3 computer screens (monitors). I have arranged the windows the way I want on all 3 screens. But whenever an ads sho...

• Plan Free/Premium Country Denmark Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I use the desktop app a lot at work, where I have 3 computer screens (monitors). I have a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue With The Application Not Working With A Certain AD

PlanFreeCountry DeviceHP Notebook 15Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm having issues reporting and Eastern University ads because every time this ad starts everything completely stops. It doesn't play the ad or anything. I literally h...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country   Device HP Notebook 15 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm having issues reporting and Eastern University ads because every time this ad star...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with playback on windows

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceRedmi Note 7Operating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueI'm having trouble using Spotify on the desktop, I can use it normally on my phone and on the desktop when the sound comes out on the monitor, but when I put it...

•   Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Redmi Note 7 Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm having trouble using Spotify on the desktop, I can use it normally...
  • mAbdelkafy
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound stops when stopping with bluetooth

Hi,I'm running Spotify Desktop for Windows (with Premium, but irrelevant) on a DELL Latitude 5490 with Windows 10, along with a wireless headset connected via Bluetooth.When stopping the music (either from the app or the headset), the whole sound of ...

• Hi, I'm running Spotify Desktop for Windows (with Premium, but irrelevant) on a DELL Latitude 5490 with Windows 10, along with a wireless headset connected via Bluetooth. When stopping the music (e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bluetooth
    sound loss
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution PLEASE FINALLY ADDRESS THE HISTORY ISSUE!!!!

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue: Are you EVER going to fix the history issue that has been around for at least 4 years? For YEARS now, users have complained about their listening history being empty on the ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue: Are you EVER going to fix the history issue that has been around for at least 4 years?   ...
  • FozziWozzi
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 10 likes

Songs Not Scorbbling to Last.fm

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceLenovo Laptop / iPhone 7 PlusOperating SystemWindows 10 / iOS 12.4 My Question or Issue I'm having serious issues scrobbling my music to Last.fm recently. It isn't scrobbling all the music I play which is really ...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Lenovo Laptop / iPhone 7 Plus Operating System Windows 10 / iOS 12.4   My Question or Issue   I'm having serious issues scrobbl...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • last.fm
    scrobble
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Heart icon is not changing after adding/removing song to liked ones

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDevicehp laptopOperating SystemWindows 10,app version 1.1.25.559.g85cf5e4c Step to reproduce:1. Go to one of playlist2. Play one of song3. Click heart icon in bottom left corner -> song is added to liked ones4. Click one more ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device hp laptop Operating System Windows 10, app version 1.1.25.559.g85cf5e4c   Step to reproduce: 1. Go to one of playlist 2. Play one of song 3. Click...
  • krecikos87
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Random song changes with volume change aswell

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceAndroidOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen listening playlist it randomly changes the playlist to a single song. Lately, it just clears the queue. Also, it lowers the volume to maybe 10% but today it just mute...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Android Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When listening playlist it randomly changes the playlist to a single song. Lately, it just...
  • rihhard1
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes