Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer, you can import it

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer, you can import it

Plan

Premium

Country

New Zealand

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I'm posting this to ask about the playback just stopping all together and giving this error message, "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer, you can import it.". Now I've tried everything in the thread about this error but i still cant get it to play anything. My drivers are up to date, ive logged out and closed and restarted the app. I even followed the thread on how to do a clean uninstall but I'm still in the same place as i was an hour ago when this started. Im on a PC running Windows 10. I was just wondering if there was anything anyone can do for me.

Spotify Premium 10_14_2021 9_37_03 AM.png
1 Reply

Hey @Doodledud 

Did the thread you followed for help also suggest checking what your audio output device is? There's a place in Windows 10 about setting audio input and output per-app, this howtogeek article talks more about it.

Spotify needs the audio output to be the correct device you're currently using, be it the speakers, headphones or whatever.
Another thing to keep in mind - Spotify is unable to play music when the sample rate in the soundcard is set above 192kHz. Keep it at max 192kHz or below.
It's usually needed to restart Spotify after making changes to audio settings.

Let me know how it goes! : )

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts