Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Adding Album Art to Local Files

PlanPremiumCountry India DeviceSamsung Galaxy M02Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueHow can I add album art to the MP3 files that I have imported on to my "Local Files" folder? I am a Windows and Android v10 user

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country  India   Device Samsung Galaxy M02 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue How can I add album art to the MP3 files that I have im...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Play all tracks from folder

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDevicePC and AndroidOperating SystemWindows 10 and Android My Question or Issue Hi, Recently you have removed the ability to play all tracks from a folder of two levels. I have a folder that contained subfolders that had trac...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device PC and Android Operating System Windows 10 and Android   My Question or Issue  Hi,   Recently you have removed the ability to play ...
  • Hugol0l
  • Music Fan
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Don't have the option to download albums on desktop

I have Premium and can download albums using my iPhone but I dont see the download option on desktop. My only option is to SAVE. I updated my version to the most recent, Reinstalled it and it still isn't giving me a download option. Plan$9.99 Premium...

• Casual Listener
  •  I have Premium and can download albums using my iPhone but I dont see the download option on desktop. My only option is to SAVE. I updated my version to the most recent, Reinstalled it and...
  • AadityakiranS
  • Gig Goer
  • 28 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 28 replies
  • 15 likes

Sorting By Date

With your new update you guys made it so that you only sort by date with the newest stuff at the bottom. I really prefer being able to sort by date so that I can have my newest music on my playlists at the top. Please bring this back.

• Visitor
  • With your new update you guys made it so that you only sort by date with the newest stuff at the bottom. I really prefer being able to sort by date so that I can have my newest music on my playlists ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Version 1.1.58 - while creating new playlist from the Album - the Artists name is not added anymore

After the latest update (Spotify 1.1.58.820.g2ae50076-a for Windows) - when the New playlist is being created from the Album (... -> A dd to playlist -> New Playlist) the Artist name is no more added to the Playlist name, so you have to manually add ...

romanaleksejuk_0-1620407552480.png
  • Music Fan
  • After the latest update (Spotify 1.1.58.820.g2ae50076-a for Windows) - when the New playlist is being created from the Album (... -> A   dd to playlist -> New Playlist) the Artist n...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Rearrange playlist order

Plan $4.99/month version I forget what it's called Country USA Device HP1030G2(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System Windows 10 pro(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueUp until this most recent upda...

• Music Fan
  • Plan $4.99/month version I forget what it's called   Country USA   Device HP1030G2 (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System Windows 10 pro (iOS 10, Androi...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Media buttons not working

None of my media buttons were working, i tried every solution i found online but nothing worked. Im currently using a logitech bluettoth keyboard k375s After a couple of hours i installed Logitech options software and un clicked "USE F1 - F12 as stan...

• Visitor
  • None of my media buttons were working, i tried every solution i found online but nothing worked.   Im currently using a logitech bluettoth keyboard k375s   After a couple of hours i ins...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • media controls
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution After New Windows UI Update Old Search Results Disappeared

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHello, i’m what you could call a power user. So i often search for artists, songs or albums i...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hello, ...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Queue] Adding multiple songs to playlist not working

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalDeviceWindowsOperating SystemWindows 10Version1.1.57.443.ga029a6c4-a My Question or IssueI can't add multiple songs to the queue. When I drag and drop only get the first one is added. If I try to drag and drop to the button ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Portugal Device Windows Operating System Windows 10 Version 1.1.57.443.ga029a6c4-a   My Question or Issue I can't add multiple songs to the queue. When I drag an...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • queue
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution The songs on playlist is unplayable

PlanFreeCountryVietnamDeviceHP LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThis morning, all songs on my Spotify said "The content is not available" and the song I previously opened the song timestamp was from 0:00 to 0:00. If someone can he...

• Plan Free Country Vietnam Device HP Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue This morning, all songs on my Spotify said "The content is not available" and the song I p...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution this new Spotify update is flat-out ridiculous

why did you remove the ability to hide tracks? why did you remove Hide track feature? I'm starting to see a whole lot of unavailable tracks in my playlist. I don't see any way to remove it whatsoever. also why did you remove scan local disk feature

• Gig Goer
  • why did you remove the ability to hide tracks?  why did you remove Hide track feature?  I'm starting to see a whole lot of unavailable tracks in my playlist. I don't see any way t...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Poor performance in general

I tried today to continue to update and maintain my playlists. Unfortunately, the display of the playlists since the update takes quite a long time, after deleting a playlist, the whole application jumps back to "Libary / Bibilothek", which also mean...

• Music Fan
  • I tried today to continue to update and maintain my playlists. Unfortunately, the display of the playlists since the update takes quite a long time, after deleting a playlist, the whole application j...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Reverse order playlist filter no longer available?

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceASUS Zenbook (laptop)Operating SystemWindows My Question or IssueNow the Spotify desktop app has changed to 'Spotify Premium' I cannot seem to order my playlist from newest song to oldest? When I select 'date added' as an or...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device ASUS Zenbook (laptop) Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue Now the Spotify desktop app has changed to 'Spotify Premium' I cannot seem to order...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 28 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Help
  • 28 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution add queue to playlist is duplicating songs

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceThinkPad T580Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I add my whole song queue to a playlist, it is adding each song twice. This only happens when I select all (CTRL-A) and Right Click -> Add to Playli...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device ThinkPad T580 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I add my whole song queue to a playlist, it is adding each song twice. T...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop and cell phone don't syncronize

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDevice(Desktop - Windows 10 Pro) My Question or IssueI can't connect my desktop with my phone. I'm able to listen to two different songs at the same time.I reinstalled Spotify in both devices, logged out and relogged in and no...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device (Desktop - Windows 10 Pro)   My Question or Issue I can't connect my desktop with my phone. I'm able to listen to two different songs at the same time....
  • CarlosE
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bug while searching for songs to add to a playlist.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen in a playlist if I use the "find more" button, which lets me search for songs, when I try to play a song that pops up, it will stop playing whatever is already p...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When in a playlist if I use the "find more" button, which lets me search for songs, when I...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downgrade or switching back UI

PlanPremiumCountryHungaryDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Hi! I would like to ask whether I could downgrade the Windows desktop app, or switch back to the previous UI somehow?P.S.: Am I the only one who thinks it was pe...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Hungary Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Hi! I would like to ask whether I could downgrade the Windows desktop ap...
  • CarlosE
  • 5 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 15 likes

Superuser Contribution Installing the previous version (March / April 2021)

I'm now in my ninth year of using Spotify, but the GUI on the desktop version is getting more and more harrowing.Is there any way to go back to the old version (until about April)?Everything runs even slower than before (sometimes very, very extreme)...

• Music Fan
  • I'm now in my ninth year of using Spotify, but the GUI on the desktop version is getting more and more harrowing. Is there any way to go back to the old version (until about April)? Everyth...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify has graphical artifacts when using MSI Afterburner

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceGTX 1060 3GBOperating SystemWindows 10 Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042My Question or IssueI overclock my GPU with MSI afterburner, which has been for a year now. But recently Spotify updated and now I get graphical artifacts...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device GTX 1060 3GB Operating System Windows 10 Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 My Question or Issue I overclock my GPU with MSI afterburner, which has been for ...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • graphical
    MSI Afterburner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Windows app scanning hard drive

PlanPremiumDeviceWindows 10 (app) desktop My Question or IssueEverytime the spotify app starts (on start up) I can see it thrashing the hard drive, looking at task manager confirms it's hammering my hard drive. I don't want apps stalking through my h...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Device Windows 10 (app) desktop   My Question or Issue Everytime the spotify app starts (on start up) I can see it thrashing the hard drive, looking at task manager co...
  • uncajesse
  • Music Fan
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes