Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Horrible new UI, bugs and missing features

"The UI is like a joke. If you need to explain it, it's not a very good one.."The new UI is terrible. 1. Very hard to find out which song is currently playing, because everything is gray and only the title is green. When scrolling on large lists I ca...

• Regular
  • "The UI is like a joke. If you need to explain it, it's not a very good one.." The new UI is terrible.  1. Very hard to find out which song is currently playing, because everything is gray a...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

[Bug Report] Progress bar is inaccurate when entering full-screen mode

When entering fullscreen on Windows Desktop, the music progress bar starts at 0:00, regardless of your actual progress in the song. Pausing or resuming playback resyncs the time.

• Visitor
  • When entering fullscreen on Windows Desktop, the music progress bar starts at 0:00, regardless of your actual progress in the song. Pausing or resuming playback resyncs the time.
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Playlist jumbles itself when I want it to be in custom order

Spotify Desktop VersionFree Account I sorted my playlist in a custom order that I wanted however, after a few hours I see that the same order I put the playlist in has around 1/4th of the songs placed in random positions which I didn't put them in.Ha...

• Spotify Desktop Version Free Account   I sorted my playlist in a custom order that I wanted however, after a few hours I see that the same order I put the playlist in has around 1/4th of the ...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Default playlist name in new desktop UI

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWith the new desktop UI (Windows 1.1.58.820.g2ae50076-a) when creating a playlist from an album, the playlist name is set to the "Album" name. The old UI set it to "Artist - Album...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue With the new desktop UI (Windows 1.1.58.820.g2ae50076-a) when creating a playlist from an album, the playli...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution Add artist album as a new playlist - Incomplete

When adding an album to a new playlist it doesn't register like before:Artist name - album name. Now it registers only the album name. This means I have to write the artist name myself otherwise I will not find it when filtering by artist.

• Casual Listener
  • When adding an album to a new playlist it doesn't register like before: Artist name - album name.  Now it registers only the album name. This means I have to write the artist name myself other...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Not able to filter playlists by typing when adding to playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceThinkPadOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueOn desktop, I used to be able to right-click -> add to playlist, and then start typing to filter my playlists so that I could easily find the one I wanted to add the so...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device ThinkPad Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue On desktop, I used to be able to right-click -> add to playlist, and then start typing to...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Place in album list not saved

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceLenovo LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI click on an album from "Your Library -> Albums". When I click the "back" button or type "alt back arrow", it takes me to the TOP of my Albums list rather than t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Lenovo Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I click on an album from "Your Library -> Albums". When I click the "back" b...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Streaming Quality is Ignored

PlanPremium (Family)CountryCanadaOperating SystemWindows 10 20H2Spotify Version1.1.53.608.g7ed9c03a (Microsoft Store version) My Question or IssueI've noticed that Spotify Desktop will ignore the Streaming Quality setting and will use Auto anyways. I...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium (Family) Country Canada Operating System Windows 10 20H2 Spotify Version 1.1.53.608.g7ed9c03a (Microsoft Store version)   My Question or Issue I've noticed that Spotify ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! The lyrics is not showing properly because of ad banner

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSome lyrics gets cut off or blocked by the ad banner ...

image.png
  • Regular
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free Country India Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10 &nbsp...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

'This Content Is Not Available' - Greyed out playlist

I've been really liking the new UI of the latest update, it's simpler, cleaner, etc. However, I've been having a recurring problem where, if I click on any playlist/radio it will appear greyed out and attempting to double click a song to play, will p...

Untitled.jpg
  • I've been really liking the new UI of the latest update, it's simpler, cleaner, etc. However, I've been having a recurring problem where, if I click on any playlist/radio it will appear greyed out an...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution "Recently Played" list

Thanks to this new ugly, horrible and useless update, we can't even edit our "recently played" list anymore ! Actually, those [snip - Community Moderator edit] Spotify devs removed this feature from the phone app a while ago, so everyone was asking t...

• Roadie
  • Thanks to this new ugly, horrible and useless update,  we can't even edit our "recently played" list anymore !   Actually, those [snip - Community Moderator edit] Spotify devs remo...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution What happened to "Shadows" and "Backgrounds" in the New UI ?

Quite frankly, this new design - if what I'm seeing is the final product and not some kind of bug - is horrible. Sidebars are just a "black square" punching the eye, where in the middle there is an awful attempt at a "faded background" like we're bac...

• Casual Listener
  • Quite frankly, this new design - if what I'm seeing is the final product and not some kind of bug - is horrible.   Sidebars are just a "black square" punching the eye, where in the middle ther...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • background
    black
    missing background
    missing shadows
    UI
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Multiple pause icons shown during advert

PlanFreeCountryUKDeviceHP All-in-OneOperating SystemWindows 10 Home My Question or IssueI was listening to music and switched to the discography view. After a few songs an advert came on which for some reason activated the green pause button icon for...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country UK Device HP All-in-One Operating System Windows 10 Home   My Question or Issue I was listening to music and switched to the discography view. After a few songs an ad...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant use spotify app

PlanFreeCountryBangladeshDevice Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello there! I cant open spotify app. I tried o download from microsoft and spotify.com, but it still doesn't work. It used to work before, this all started randomly.

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Bangladesh Device   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello there! I cant open spotify app. I tried o download from microsoft and spotify.com, b...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play any music, maybe the problem is my pc, I don't know

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo my pc has a problem: it randomly stops counting time. I've tried everything to fix it but I'm pretty sure the problem is in the hardware (maybe a dead battery), n...

• Plan Premium Country Portugal Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So my pc has a problem: it randomly stops counting time. I've tried everything to fix it ...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution "Similar artists" is missing since UI update

PlanPremium Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSince the new UI update which was installed automatically on my work laptop today the feature "Similar artists" is gone which was displayed at an artists page on the right corner of the site....

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Since the new UI update which was installed automatically on my work laptop today the feature "Similar artists" is g...
  • T1964
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Radio recommendations always play the same 20 songs for years

I've been a spotify premium subscriber since shortly after the service came to USA. For several years i used the radio features to discover dozens of new artists i had never heard of and it was one of the most valuable features in spotify for me. for...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been a spotify premium subscriber since shortly after the service came to USA. For several years i used the radio features to discover dozens of new artists i had never heard of and it was one o...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • algorithm
    bug
    Radio
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes

Adding Album Art to Local Files

PlanPremiumCountry India DeviceSamsung Galaxy M02Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueHow can I add album art to the MP3 files that I have imported on to my "Local Files" folder? I am a Windows and Android v10 user

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country  India   Device Samsung Galaxy M02 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue How can I add album art to the MP3 files that I have im...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Play all tracks from folder

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDevicePC and AndroidOperating SystemWindows 10 and Android My Question or Issue Hi, Recently you have removed the ability to play all tracks from a folder of two levels. I have a folder that contained subfolders that had trac...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device PC and Android Operating System Windows 10 and Android   My Question or Issue  Hi,   Recently you have removed the ability to play ...
  • Hugol0l
  • Music Fan
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Don't have the option to download albums on desktop

I have Premium and can download albums using my iPhone but I dont see the download option on desktop. My only option is to SAVE. I updated my version to the most recent, Reinstalled it and it still isn't giving me a download option. Plan$9.99 Premium...

• Casual Listener
  •  I have Premium and can download albums using my iPhone but I dont see the download option on desktop. My only option is to SAVE. I updated my version to the most recent, Reinstalled it and...
  • AadityakiranS
  • Gig Goer
  • 28 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 28 replies
  • 15 likes