Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Window not maximizing fully - a small bar is left on the bottom

Window not maximizing fully - a small bar is left on the bottom

Plan: Premium

Device: ASUS Notebook S406U

Operating System: Windows 11 Home version 21H2 (installed 28.12.2021)

My Issue:

When I maximize the Spotify window on my desktop, it is not fully maximized. There is a small bar left between the maximized window and the windows task bar, as shown in the picture.

Hans_Petter_1-1640729201147.png

Some information that might help:

-The bar in the picture is white because the window behind is my browser with this white forum backround - the bar color is not always white, but is the same as the color behind the window.

-I recently installed windows 11, and that might have been the cause.

-Uninstalling Spotify, restarting my computer and then reinstalling Spotify did not work.

I hope a solution emerges. Thank you for your time. 🙂

3 Replies

Hey @Hans_Petter,

Thanks for the post.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling.

Note that this might be related to Windows 11 and your specific graphics configuration, in which case there won't be much that can be manually adjusted from the Spotify app settings.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex, thank you for a quick reply. I followed all the steps and did a clean reinstall, but it did not fix the issue. It occurs both for the microsoft store version as I installed after the clean reinstall, and for the browser installed version I can get on spotify.com.

The issue might be connected to my recent installation of windows 11. But it does not occur for google chrome, firefox, VLC media player, paint, paint 3D, word, microsoft store, notepad, notepad++ and a couple of other apps. For the apps I tested, it only occurs for spotify.

It happends before I have logged into the clean installed spotify. Thus, as you say, it can't be my spotify app settings.

Hans Petter

Hi @Hans_Petter,

Thank you for your swift reply.

In this case, since Windows 11 is still a new OS and our app isn't yet optimized for it, there's not much we can do from our side at the moment.

However, we appreciate this feedback which will help us keep improving the app every time. In the meantime remember to always keep your app updated, so you don't miss any fixes or new features.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts