Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify unable to play songs (after 1st) from playlist + broken website

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10x64My Question or IssueActual behaviour:When I double click a playlist or open playlist and double click/select one of the songs and press "play", spotify plays songs outside of my playlist...

• Casual Listener
  • ...laylist before attempting to play similar songs, outside of the playlist. Broken website The second issue is that I cannot get to https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/desktop_windows...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Select All on Liked Songs on Desktop only selects some songs, possibly linked to shuffle issues

Premium, UK, Windows 10 Pro Education version 1903.Spotify version 1.1.32.618.gda5638a6Problem has existed since at least 24th December 2019 When I go into Liked Songs on Spotify Desktop for Windows, then hit Ctrl + A, it only selects the top 100 son...

• Music Fan
  • Premium, UK, Windows 10 Pro Education version 1903. Spotify version 1.1.32.618.gda5638a6 Problem has existed since at least 24th December 2019     When I go into Liked Songs o...
  • kpwxx
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Shuffle Algorithm is not great at all is not great at all

Hi I got three times the same song in less than a couple of hours on an over 7h playlist. It's not limited to web player, it's also Android and iOS. it's the shuffle than need a review. thanks

• Visitor
  • Hi   I got three times the same song in less than a couple of hours on an over 7h playlist. It's not limited to web player, it's also Android and iOS. it's the shuffle than need a review. &nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Hide friends activity right bar

PlanPremiumCountrySpain DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Is there anyway to hide friends's activity right bar?I haven't connected spotify to facebook and I don`t have prevision to do this, I haven`t FB account in fact...So... t...

• Plan Premium Country Spain   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Is there anyway to hide friends's activity right bar? I haven't connected ...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The decline of Spotify

Premium / US Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueThanks Billy-JI have been a premium member for over 5 years. About 2500 songs in my songs file. But now content is disapp...

• Regular
  • ...anted to take Spotify public on the NYSE. Subsequently Spotify has been hurt in the market. I have paid Spotify $600.00 since joining ~ not enough money for you? And Billy there is no way to contact S...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • The decline of Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution New UI - Only 25 releases appearing when loading Singles and EPs discography

Device - Surface book 2Operating SystemWindows 10 My Spotify updated to the new UI this morning. While familiarizing myself with it, I was viewing artists with large discographies and noted that the Singles/EPs are not fully loading, and stop at 25 i...

• Roadie
  • Device - Surface book 2 Operating System Windows 10   My Spotify updated to the new UI this morning. While familiarizing myself with it, I was viewing artists with large discographies and no...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it possible to jump to a specific song in a playlist with the new update?

I don't particularly hate the new update but it did remove one feature I use constantly. You used to be able to search within a playlist for a track, click on that track, and then exit search mode to jump to that track's position in the playlist. Thi...

• I don't particularly hate the new update but it did remove one feature I use constantly. You used to be able to search within a playlist for a track, click on that track, and then exit search mode to...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[Desktop] Bring back the indicator of much of a podcast episode I listened.

I turn off the app once because it doesn't really matter, and I'm welcomed with the new layout, I hate it, please bring the old one back? But if you want to keep it so bad, at least add back that little bar that shows how much of you've listened to s...

• Casual Listener
  • I turn off the app once because it doesn't really matter, and I'm welcomed with the new layout, I hate it, please bring the old one back? But if you want to keep it so bad, at least add back that lit...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Help with desktop spotify app opening the browser version instead in the desktop app.

Everything was fine until today I opened the app and now its a browser player instead of the normal desktop app , it doesn't open the browser version in browser it open the browser version in the desktop app. I tried reinstalling it did nothing.

• Visitor
  • Everything was fine until today I opened the app and now its a browser player instead of the normal desktop app , it doesn't open the browser version in browser it open the browser version in the des...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] idea - fix recently played

my recently played has been broken for months. it is inaccurate. i have never listened to my recently played songs/playlists. it always resets to the same songs/playlist when I exit the app or update it. my idea is to fix this bug. thanks

• my recently played has been broken for months. it is inaccurate. i have never listened to my recently played songs/playlists. it always resets to the same songs/playlist when I exit the app or update...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Add to Playlist" filtering missing in the new UI

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe new app doesn't have the playlist filter functionality when adding a new song to a playlist. When the "Add to Playlist" menu was open I could just type the first lett...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Finland Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The new app doesn't have the playlist filter functionality when adding a new song to a playlis...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't jump to the song that's currently playing. New Update UI.

Before the update, I was able to find the location of tracks in a big playlist by clicking on the album art in the left bottom corner. Now if I click the album art, I'm sent to the top of the playlist its in. How do I find the location of the song cu...

• Regular
  • Before the update, I was able to find the location of tracks in a big playlist by clicking on the album art in the left bottom corner. Now if I click the album art, I'm sent to the top of the playlis...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • bugs
    New Update
    Playlist Management
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't play sound on one specific podcast, everything else works

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueI was listening to a podcast on my Android phone while I was out (I wore a mask don't worry), and I came back and opened Spotify on my PC. It had synced the time the...

spotifyproblem.png friccadoodle_0-1594309634283.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I was listening to a podcast on my Android phone while I was out (I wore a mask don't worry)...
  • CarlosE
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Problem with delete key in playlist

Hello.I have a problem with new interface of Spotify. Due to this, that this interface is accessible to me, as previous, I don't want to return back to previous interface, which wasn't accessible to me.But, I have a problem. I can't delete song as be...

• Roadie
  • Hello. I have a problem with new interface of Spotify. Due to this, that this interface is accessible to me, as previous, I don't want to return back to previous interface, which wasn't accessible t...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Spotify for Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows app breaks after playing album that was not yet released.

PlanFreeCountryPolandDeviceDell InspironOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi, my Windows Spotify app broke after I tried to play non released album from Coldplay - and that's the first issue, I was able to access it from artist page but ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Poland Device Dell Inspiron Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, my Windows Spotify app broke after I tried to play non released album from Coldplay...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Pressing the favourite button while on the lyrics screen

Spoiler (Highlight to read)Spoiler (Highlight to read)How do i delete this spoiler How do i delete this spoiler PremiumSingapore Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueTo reproduce: View the lyrics of a song while it's playing.Click on the fa...

• Casual Listener
  •   How do i delete this spoiler   Premium Singapore     Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue To reproduce:   View the lyrics of a song while...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Annoying "facebook" thing in Windows 10 app

 PlanPremiumCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueCan I remove in someway this window "connect to facebook" at the right side of the app? It's useless (for me ofc), rly annoying and takes up a lot of space.

fdfd.png
  • Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Can I remove in someway this window "connect to facebook" at the right side of the app? It's...
  • Th4natos1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution My secret playlist shows up when a friend is listening to it.

I use Spotify Premium on the desktop app (Windows 10). I made a secret playlist that I shared with only 1 friend. They followed it, but never made it public for their profile. However, it shows on their listening activity. I made another secret playl...

• I use Spotify Premium on the desktop app (Windows 10). I made a secret playlist that I shared with only 1 friend. They followed it, but never made it public for their profile. However, it shows on t...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Friend Activity

PlanFreeCountryUnited States DeviceLaptop Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAs of recently, I noticed one of my friends is missing from my friend activity list.I find this pretty strange because my friend will be listening to Spotify cur...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country United States  Device Laptop  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue As of recently, I noticed one of my friends is missing from my ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

PlanPremiumCountryDenmarkDeviceCustom build PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I try to use the Spotify App for Windows 10, I get the message "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import ...

182078206_161659275876500_4120798932839933209_n.png
  •   Plan Premium Country Denmark Device Custom build PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I try to use the Spotify App for Windows 10, I get the message "Spot...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes