Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Freezes on startup

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceDell WorkstationOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro with latest updates My Question or IssueAfter the latest Spotify update, I can no longer launch Spotify. It immediately freezes (with the window turning black) after a few secon...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Dell Workstation Operating System Windows 10 Pro with latest updates   My Question or Issue After the latest Spotify update, I can no longer launch Spoti...
  • mackhax0r
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify No Longer Working

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceChromebookOperating SystemDell My Question or IssueI have been using Spotify for years and I have never really had an troubles with it besides a few times where it's glitched out and I've gotten it fixed pretty quick...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country United States Device Chromebook Operating System Dell   My Question or Issue I have been using Spotify for years and I have never really had an troubles with it besid...
  • Emilia_8
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs won't play and they continuously skip

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.DeviceDell XPS DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueSpotify won't produce any sound, and when I try to play something, It immediately skips to the next song up and so on.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country U.S. Device Dell XPS Desktop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Spotify won't produce any sound, and when I try to play something, It immediately skips to ...
  • drummerboy21
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Better options

PlanPremiumCountryEUDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI was wondering if they're going to add subtitles to songs. I'd really love that and am thinking about going for example to apple music (they have subtitles to nearly every so...

• Plan Premium Country EU Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I was wondering if they're going to add subtitles to songs. I'd really love that and am thinking ab...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify can’t be opened on windows 10

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueWhen I want to open the Spotify App from the store, it won’t open me the normal user interface. But in the taskmanager I...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue When I want to open the Spotify App fro...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Bring back the option to report explicit content

Plan: FamilyCountry: USADevice: PCOperating System: Windows 10 My Question or Issue: I really don't like having multiple songs dropping F-bombs around my kids, especially when those songs aren't marked "Explicit." There used to be an option to report...

• Regular
  • Plan: Family Country: USA Device: PC Operating System: Windows 10   My Question or Issue: I really don't like having multiple songs dropping F-bombs around my kids, especially when tho...
  • aryashadeslayer
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 19 likes

Superuser Contribution Computer crashes when spotify is opened

Hey. For the past week my computer crashed 3-4 times a day. Yesterday I found that spotify was causing the computer to crash. I saw some other threads about this problem but I couldn't fix it. I tried reinstalling spotify and installing the pc versio...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey. For the past week my computer crashed 3-4 times a day. Yesterday I found that spotify was causing the computer to crash. I saw some other threads about this problem but I couldn't fix it. I trie...
  • Elena
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Comedy] Genre/Mood Page is Just the Podcast Page...

Despite Spotify Mobile (both Andriod & iOS) listing a few popular podcasts, new album releases and a "radio" button...Spotify Desktop simply lists NOTHING BUT podcasts. In fact it's the exact same page as the Browse>Podcasts>Comedy page. What gives.....

• Despite Spotify Mobile (both Andriod & iOS) listing a few popular podcasts, new album releases and a "radio" button...Spotify Desktop simply lists NOTHING BUT podcasts. In fact it's the exact sam...
  • kyopoboy
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Settings are different for main account

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceAsus LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSince the recent Spotify update for mobile, on my laptop my display is acting like it's a tablet. I can't sort playlists by artist, date added, title, etc....

• Not applicable
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Asus Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Since the recent Spotify update for mobile, on my laptop my display is acting l...
  • Mario
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Diasable Media keys

I like to watch Netflix and listening to Spotify while playing games. If i try to use the "break" button it always switches from Netflix to Spotify . I want Spotify to stop reacting to my media keys. Is there a way to do that?

• Visitor
  • I like to watch Netflix and listening to Spotify while playing games. If i try to use the  "break" button it always switches from Netflix to Spotify . I want Spotify to stop reacting to my medi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • media keys
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No Songs on First Time Launch After Windows 10 Startup

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDeviceHP ProBook 440 G3 (i5 6th Gen, 16GB RAM, HDD)Operating SystemWindows 10 Pro (64 Bit) My Question or IssueFirst time launch desktop Spotify app got an issue where no songs on the list wherever I click (playlist, songs,...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device HP ProBook 440 G3 (i5 6th Gen, 16GB RAM, HDD) Operating System Windows 10 Pro (64 Bit)   My Question or Issue First time launch desktop Spotify ap...
  • Mario
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Error
    no songs
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify freezes my computer when i use google or social medias

Greetings to all, a few days ago i discovered a problem that got me nervous, when i play spotify in my computer and i use google to visit any social media or whatever, my computer freezes with the music and after a few seconds it restarts... i dont t...

• Casual Listener
  • Greetings to all, a few days ago i discovered a problem that got me nervous, when i play spotify in my computer and i use google to visit any social media or whatever, my computer freezes with the mu...
  • agustinz98
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Error Code 4. Forever.

I'm constantly stuck with ERROR CODE 4, meaning that the internet connection is not detected. My computer is fully connected to the internet. The only app that I'm having a problem with is Spotify. This only happens on my Windows app. I've been using...

• Regular
  • I'm constantly stuck with ERROR CODE 4, meaning that the internet connection is not detected. My computer is fully connected to the internet. The only app that I'm having a problem with is Spotify. T...
  • MStanbrook
  • Music Fan
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Error
    error 4
    error code 4
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes

Friend Activity Completely Missing

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceAsus LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueThe Friend Activity part on the desktop app after I updated to the new spotify home is totally gone. I tried reinstalling and it's still not there. My accou...

• Not applicable
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Asus Laptop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue The Friend Activity part on the desktop app after I updated to the new spotify home is ...
  • Emilia_8
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Audible clipping/distortion only when volume normalize is turned OFF

PlanFree/PremiumCountryCanadaDeviceAcer Swift SF314-52Operating SystemWindows 10 Home v1909 My Question or IssueThere is very audible clipping distortion on some tracks when the volume normalize feature is turned off. The most obvious example is this...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Canada Device Acer Swift SF314-52 Operating System Windows 10 Home v1909   My Question or Issue There is very audible clipping distortion on some tracks when ...
  • tonio97
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • clipping
    Desktop
    distortion
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound Quality goes down after 15 seconds in a song

Hello community, I'm using Spotify desktop app in a HP elitebook running Windows 10 at 64 bit.I have Family plan and my settings are set to maximum sound quality. I tried both wifi and land connectivity and my connection is Fiber 300MB.I used the bui...

• Hello community,  I'm using Spotify desktop app in a HP elitebook running Windows 10 at 64 bit. I have Family plan and my settings are set to maximum sound quality.  I tried both wifi an...
  • Amayy
  • Rising Star 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Social & Random
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Empty playlists or Grayed out playlists

My account seems to be **bleep** up totally.Especially on the desktop computer. Problems:1. My Discover Weekly isn't updating for over 2 years. I did everything recommended here. like logging in and out, logging out from all the devices, uninstalling...

• Not applicable
  • My account seems to be **bleep** up totally. Especially on the desktop computer.   Problems: 1. My Discover Weekly isn't updating for over 2 years. I did everything recommended here. like lo...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Crackling, shuttering, distortion noises are back

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueOn the windows/PC version, the old crackling or shuttering or distortion noises are back. Every couple of seconds, the sound pauses, crackles, and then continues, making...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue On the windows/PC version, the old crackling or shuttering or distortion noises are back. Every co...
  • MafeG
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist sorted by date always starts with the oldest song

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceComputerOperating SystemWin 10 18363.719, Spotify 1.1.28.721.g5b5ee660 My Question or IssueFor about a week now, the songs in the playlist have stopped playing in the correct order. I always sort my playlist with the da...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Computer Operating System Win 10 18363.719, Spotify 1.1.28.721.g5b5ee660   My Question or Issue For about a week now, the songs in the playlist ha...
  • Ver
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes

Why can't I find a certain user, even though I could just one day ago?

I searched it up on Monday and listened to the playlists made by the user for two days, but now I can't do it anymore. It seemed like it was connected to her Facebook account. I think this might have happened; It was pure coincidence and she simply t...

• Visitor
  • I searched it up on Monday and listened to the playlists made by the user for two days, but now I can't do it anymore. It seemed like it was connected to her Facebook account.   I think this m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes