Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify home page not loading after the update

PlanFreeCountryIndiaOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAfter the update, the homepage is not loading up. I tried reinstalling spotify and restarting my laptop. It is not showing up at all.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country India Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue After the update, the homepage is not loading up. I tried reinstalling spotify and restarting my laptop. It is ...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

No friends activity on windows

Hi all I don't have the friends activity bar (the one you can see what your friends are listening) on my windows versionj (I've been using Spotify on Mac and I do have it there, same account) I used to have it but for a while I am missing it. How can...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all   I don't have the friends activity bar (the one you can see what your friends are listening) on my windows versionj (I've been using Spotify on Mac and I do have it there, same account...
  • AntoniusG
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Bring back Artist Banner Animation (Zoom Animation)

Why I get no animation on the Banner when I open Artist Page just like old app before? this really sucks, I open Desktop App for that smooth, fine animation. why you guys gotta delete something beautiful

• Why I get no animation on the Banner when I open Artist Page just like old app before? this really sucks, I open Desktop App for that smooth, fine animation.   why you guys gotta delete someth...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Artist Banner Animation
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Your Library] Bring back the filter function

Why would you get rid of the ability to search your own library? I've always just added songs to my liked songs. I am no unable to search for a song in my library (over 3000 songs). This is a huge regression. I am not paying for an app that doesn't a...

• Visitor
  • Why would you get rid of the ability to search your own library? I've always just added songs to my liked songs. I am no unable to search for a song in my library (over 3000 songs). This is a huge re...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Desktop
    Your Library
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify hangs on Laptop

PlanPremiumCountrySwitzerlandDeviceLaptop, Google Pixel 3aOperating SystemAndroid Windows 10 My Question or IssueI am listening on Laptop for work. Then i make a break and go outside and listening with my mobilephone. Stop playing on Mobilephone. Wak...

• Plan Premium Country Switzerland Device Laptop, Google Pixel 3a Operating System Android  Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am listening on Laptop for work. Then i make a break ...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New design is awful

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI use Spotify since 2014 and this is absolutely the worst design ever. Almost every shortcut on sidebar is deleted. We're unable to scroll through all artists songs. Album...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I use Spotify since 2014 and this is absolutely the worst design ever. Almost every shortcut on...
  • CarlosE
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows 10 Spotify volume overlay

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI just installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 and immediately went to install Spotify as one does. Whenever I go to change my volume while Spotify is running now, an ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 and immediately went to install Spotify as o...
  • CarlosE
  • 14 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution New Update Does Not Adapt to Wider Aspect Ratios

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIn the older version prior to the major new update, my playlists, content and song information would flow towards the other end of the screen for my 32:9 a...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue In the older version prior to the major new update, my playlists, conte...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Friend Activity is truncated

The "Friend Activity" tab in the desktop app for Spotify is currently only displaying three of my ten friends, with the oldest activity being 8 hours. I was previously able to see the activity of all my friends within the last week or so, but it is n...

• Visitor
  • The "Friend Activity" tab in the desktop app for Spotify is currently only displaying three of my ten friends, with the oldest activity being 8 hours. I was previously able to see the activity of all...
  • Eni
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Duplicate warning missing in new UI when adding songs to a playlist

PlanPremium CountryGermany DevicePC Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen adding songs to a playlist there used to be a helpful option to only add the songs that aren't already there. In the new update however the duplicate songs just g...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country Germany   Device PC   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When adding songs to a playlist there used to be a helpful option to o...
  • greenyuyu
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Search history lost after the new desktop UI auto-update

PlanPremiumCountryHong Kong DeviceDesktop Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAll my previous search history is lost after today's auto-update on desktop. Is there a way to recover them? I use the search history as a list for artist/ album...

•   Plan Premium Country Hong Kong  Device Desktop  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue All my previous search history is lost after today's auto-update on...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Add to New Playlist not functional when music is not being played

PlanPremiumCountryCzech RepublicDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIf the player is not playing any music, function "Add to Playlist - New playlist" is not interactive. Repro steps:1) Stop player and Pick random album.2) Click Thr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Czech Republic Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue If the player is not playing any music, function "Add to Playlist - New playlist" is no...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Update has ruined layout and made Spotify hard to use.

PlanPremiumCountryAUDeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 10In artist view, new layout makes it impossible to view songs of artist without selecting a particular album.No list view available. Only tiles.Also still can not sort search results so no ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country AU Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 10 In artist view, new layout makes it impossible to view songs of artist without selecting a particular album. No list vie...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes

Show All Tracks of an Artist

Hey folk,since the new update (Windows) - I cant access all the songs by simply scrolling down. I hope that this is .. just a bug, or something? Usually I would just click on an artist, it would lead me to its page and I could see the list of all son...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey folk, since the new update (Windows) - I cant access all the songs by simply scrolling down. I hope that this is .. just a bug, or something? Usually I would just click on an artist, it would le...
  • Dee_Vagabond
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes

After the update, why have you removed the "Discovered in..." tab?

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 Those of us who work with playlists, it helped us a lot that in the profiles of the artists we have in our playlists, the tab "Discovered in X playlist" appeared. It was a very useful to...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device Computer Operating System Windows 10   Those of us who work with playlists, it helped us a lot that in the profiles of the artists we have in our playl...
  • redius
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Song length mismatch

It's not really an important detail, but when I look at a song on my playlist, the song length is 1:13 but when I play the song, it says the song length is 1:12. I took a screenshot of the specific song just in case.

• Regular
  • It's not really an important detail, but when I look at a song on my playlist, the song length is 1:13 but when I play the song, it says the song length is 1:12.      I took a s...
  • Novy
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution MY spotify PC app is not updated to the latest UI

PlanFree/PremiumCountryINDONESIADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy spotify is still on the old UI, I knew this from my brother's pc, he has the new UI version

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country INDONESIA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My spotify is still on the old UI, I knew this from my brother's pc, he has the new UI ...
  • rlzed
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop Updated - Media Buttnos not working anymore.

After the newest update the media buttons on the keyboard and mouse has stopped working when Spotify is not the main application.So I.E, I turn on spotify and put some music on, start a game, and while in the game I can't Play/Pause or Previous/Forwa...

• Casual Listener
  • After the newest update the media buttons on the keyboard and mouse has stopped working when Spotify is not the main application. So I.E, I turn on spotify and put some music on, start a game, and...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • buttons
    media
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] Fix layout on large desktop displays

Hello Spotify Team, Thank you for the latest UI update. I'm using Spotify on a large (27") display in a separate "desktop" in full-screen mode so I can easily access it with just one button. Previously the song information was easy to read and nicely...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Spotify Team,   Thank you for the latest UI update. I'm using Spotify on a large (27") display in a separate "desktop" in full-screen mode so I can easily access it with just one button....
  • solarsailer
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes