Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Re: Friend feed empty - only shows "Connect with Facebook"

Re: Friend feed empty - only shows "Connect with Facebook"

This is ridiculous - I'll connect Facebook again & again, this problem persists. Still wants me to connect facebook when I log out & back in. No friends show up, only a couple of the most recently followed accounts from Spotify direct.

Spotify for Windows (Lenovo ThinkPad)
1.1.72.439.gc253025e

Following 37 accounts, which does not include Facebook friends unfortunately.

sunnypunks_0-1637693058130.png

6 Replies

Hey @WallyOllyO

Do you still have the issue after deleting the Spotify app from https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications and logging in again?

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I see there is a back arrow at the top of the screenshot you posted.

What happens when you click on that arrow in the sidebar?

MattSudaSpotify Star

This did not solve the problem.

That just takes you back to the Friend Activity section, where it should display what the Facebook friends are listening to.

That just takes you back to the Friend Activity section, where it should display what the Facebook friends are listening to.

@WallyOllyO 

Ah I think I see what's going on here.

I just opened the desktop app to further take a look at this.

When I go to the "Friend Activity" feed in the right sidebar and click on the little "+ Friend" icon in the top right corner it then says to connect to Facebook to see what Facebook friends are listening to. Once you connect to Facebook, it will only show you your friends on Facebook who have also connected their Spotify account to their Facebook account. If they have not connected their Spotify account to their Facebook account then they will not show up in this list. The friends that do show up, it will just allow you to start following them on Spotify. It doesn't show you what they are listening to in this separate Facebook section, it looks like this text is a little misleading since they only show up in the main view of the sidebar once you follow them and they are sharing their listening activity.

For you to see what your friends are listening to, you need to be following them on Spotify and they need to have gone into the Spotify app settings and under "social" turn on the setting "share my listening activity". Once they have that setting turned on and you are following them on Spotify they should show up in the "Friend Activity" sidebar.

https://support.spotify.com/article/friend-activity/

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts