Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Desktop just doesnt work

PlanPremiumCountryMexicoDevice(Windwos PC)Operating SystemEdition Windows 10 ProVersion 20H2OS build 19042.985 My Question or IssueSpotify Version: 1.1.60.672.g6ad9c215-a same issue for the past 4/5 months or so, being paying this thing to not use it...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Mexico Device (Windwos PC) Operating System Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 OS build 19042.985   My Question or Issue Spotify Version: 1.1.60.672.g6ad9c...
  • Eni
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Lag
    laggy
    not working
    unresponsive
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Blacked out playlists and buttons

Sometimes my home, search button and playlists are blacked out. Making it hard to see with combination of the dark application. PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10

• Sometimes my home, search button and playlists are blacked out. Making it hard to see with combination of the dark application.    Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device PC Operati...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps crashing after 5 minutes

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDeviceHP Envy laptop 13-ad0xxOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI've posted this question before, for my laptop and phone.I open the app, my music plays for 5 minutes or so and then my app crashes and closes.The p...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Belgium Device HP Envy laptop 13-ad0xx Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I've posted this question before, for my laptop and phone. I open the ap...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why does the new desktop update absolutely suck? So many features GONE.

Spotify updated about a week ago on my laptop, and it's absolute trash now. I can no longer edit playlist photos or descriptions. When I click on my profile, I can't view my account the way others do anymore. I can't change the order of playlists any...

• Visitor
  • Spotify updated about a week ago on my laptop, and it's absolute trash now. I can no longer edit playlist photos or descriptions. When I click on my profile, I can't view my account the way others do...
  • iNNoVation
  • Casual Listener
  • 24 replies
  • 51 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 51 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Browse] Get back to the orginal position in the album library

Hi! The new update of the desktop app looks very nice and the overall user experience has improved in my opinion. I figured there is something that was better implemented before though: as an album listener I have a big album library which I tend to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! The new update of the desktop app looks very nice and the overall user experience has improved in my opinion. I figured there is something that was better implemented before though: as an album l...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Browse
    Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] Add the recently added feature from Android

a recent update taht redesinged the UI seems to have removed then option to sort playlists by recently added. Personaly i only listen to my playlists. The feature still exist on Android so it seems like it accidentaly got dropped...

• Visitor
  • a recent update taht redesinged the UI seems to have removed then option to sort playlists by recently added. Personaly i only listen to my playlists. The feature still exist on Android so it seems l...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Other] Playlist Images Don't Load and Folders Don't Appear on New Windows UI

I have a lot of playlists that I use a lot of folders to keep sorted; without folders my library would be a practically unusable mess. I always used to use the big icons in the center to navigate, but with the new UI, that is very difficult. Folders ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a lot of playlists that I use a lot of folders to keep sorted; without folders my library would be a practically unusable mess. I always used to use the big icons in the center to na...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution For $120 a year the new desktop sucks. Please revert!

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Pros and Cons of the 2021 update and if there is something I can do to remove the cons

PlanFreeCountryDenmarkDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have been using spotify for quite a while now, I started using spotify on another account that I had connected to my facebook back in 2013ish, but I made a new account a y...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Denmark Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have been using spotify for quite a while now, I started using spotify on another account that ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • artists
    sorting
    Update
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

making public lists visible to others??

I'm a new user, so apologies if this question has an obvious answer.I have a premium account using Windows 10.I put a list of tracks into a playlist, and mark it public. Then on another account (free if that matters) I try to search for that playlist...

• Regular
  • I'm a new user, so apologies if this question has an obvious answer. I have a premium account using Windows 10. I put a list of tracks into a playlist, and mark it public. Then on another a...
  • Arikabeth
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify pauses music when open on Desktop & IPhone

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceWindows 10 & iPhone 10Operating SystemWindows 10 IOs 14 My Question or Issuerecently my spotify on iphone would keep pausing immediatly after pushing the play button after a while of this issue I soon noticed that if ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Windows 10 & iPhone 10 Operating System Windows 10 IOs 14   My Question or Issue recently my spotify on iphone would keep pausing immediatly a...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution play part of public list

Plan Premium DeviceWindows (using web player)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIs there a way to play part of a long, public playlist?I'm a new Spotify user, so there may be something obvious that I'm missing. In this case there is a pub...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Device Windows (using web player) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Is there a way to play part of a long, public playlist? I'm a new Spotify u...
  • Arikabeth
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Feedback on new UI on desktop client

Since the last update, the "Recently played" section seems to be gone in the desktop client. Since this was the feature I was using the most, I really have a hard time using your software now. It makes using spotify uncomfortable. If this change not ...

• Visitor
  • Since the last update, the "Recently played" section seems to be gone in the desktop client.   Since this was the feature I was using the most, I really have a hard time using your software no...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Settings reset on desktop app

PlanPremiumCountryGreeceOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Every time I shut down or restart my laptop, Spotify resets all its settings.First, it logs out even though I have the 'remember me' option selected. However, the main issue is t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Greece Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Every time I shut down or restart my laptop, Spotify resets all its settings. First, it logs out e...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Artists list no longer loads in entirety with poor loading experience since update

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe Spotify app's previous update has introduced a significant time wasting feature that loads the Artists list in very small numbers while scrolling instead of loading...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The Spotify app's previous update has introduced a significant time wasting feature that loa...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution where's the new music for me notifications now?

Everything in this horrendous new update is a total and absolute trash, but the most crazy thing is that I've been looking for the new music for me notifications and I can't find it anywhere. I have a paid account and I'm only spammed with trash ever...

• Roadie
  • Everything in this horrendous new update is a total and absolute trash, but the most crazy thing is that I've been looking for the new music for me notifications and I can't find it anywhere. I have ...
  • CarlosE
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • music
    new
    Notifications
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No we won't use your feedback thread

It seems the mods here are panicking a bit, they're locking threads about the horrible new UI left and right and serving us their usual ridiculous copy/paste BS about how they "care about customers feedback" (mega-LOL). So, no, we won't use your usel...

• Roadie
  • It seems the mods here are panicking a bit, they're locking threads about the horrible new UI left and right and serving us their usual ridiculous copy/paste BS about how they "care about customers f...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Songs cut out after 6 seconds

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceSurface Pro 6Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe desktop application has decided to stop playing songs ("Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.") unl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Surface Pro 6 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The desktop application has decided to stop playing songs ("Spotify can't play th...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution My Recent Search Gone

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDevice(Samsung Galaxy A51, Windows Desktop)Operating System(Android 11, Windows 10) My Question or IssueAfter the last update and the change of the UI I lost all my recent search song and it happend in both of my phone and ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device (Samsung Galaxy A51, Windows Desktop) Operating System (Android 11, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue After the last update and the change of the...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes