Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify now skips all tracks unless started with "Run as Administrator"

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceWindows 10Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueNot sure this started with recent windows updates I did yesterday but now spotify will only play anything if I started with "Run as Administrator", I've tried all the ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Windows 10 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Not sure this started with recent windows updates I did yesterday but now spotify will only...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[desktop] Graphic bug with the modal "duplicate song" with the german language

PlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I try to add a song that is already in my playlist, a modal comes out, and this modal, when the interface language is germ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I try to add a song that is already in my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

When using a vertical dual monitor Spotify doesn't correctly fullscreen on 2nd monitor.

DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I run dual monitors in a Vertical layout so my main one is at the bottom and the 2nd one is above. I like to put Spotify on my 2nd monitor (Top) while working on my 1st monitor (Bottom). If I dr...

• Casual Listener
  • Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   I run dual monitors in a Vertical layout so my main one is at the bottom and the 2nd one is above. I like to put Spotif...
  • dokterryconn
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

play disc1 of 2 on an album

Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSome bands release an album with multiple discs.For instance Long Distance Calling - Satellite Bay has 2 discs.On the 1st disc is the original recordings, on the 2nd disc is a remastered version of some ...

• Regular
  • Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Some bands release an album with multiple discs. For instance Long Distance Calling - Satellite Bay has 2 discs. On the 1st disc is the o...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyone else seeing a new playlist size limit on Connect when controlled by desktop app?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI have been a premium user for years and I have discovered a new behavior by Spotify Connect,...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I have ...
  • paupaulaz
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Node.js

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuei was wondering if I could monitor the audio output on my computer even while I’m listening on a different device. I want to use this to be able to make an aud...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue i was wondering if I could monitor the audio output on my computer even whi...
  • Travis_C
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop Overlay just says spotify.exe

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceWindows 10 PCOperating SystemWindows 10 Home My Question or IssueWhen using the Spotify Desktop Overlay, the overlay just displays 'Spotify.exe' instead of the song/artist as it used to. This started happening recently, and...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Windows 10 PC Operating System Windows 10 Home   My Question or Issue When using the Spotify Desktop Overlay, the overlay just displays 'Spotify.exe' in...
  • MarkusFrandsen
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Keep getting an error message when changing playlist cover

I have been trying to change my playlist covers for awhile, I have completely uninstalled the app on my laptop and redownloaded, logged out and logged back in but it still keeps saying my image size is too small (even though it definitely isn't). How...

• Visitor
  • I have been trying to change my playlist covers for awhile, I have completely uninstalled the app on my laptop and redownloaded, logged out and logged back in but it still keeps saying my image size ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlist Cover
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playback Problem Windows 10

Hi, Since today I suddenly have a Problem with my Playback in Windows 10.I did not change anything. Yesterday it worked - not today...I turned on of the PC and reinstalled spotify - no change.I can can choose to play it from Windows via spotify conne...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Since today I suddenly have a Problem with my Playback in Windows 10. I did not change anything. Yesterday it worked - not today... I turned on of the PC and reinstalled spotify - no c...
  • Pelee
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify desktop mouse issues

On my end the mouse sometimes behaves very erratically whenever I try to edit a playlist or queue. Sometimes when I try to drag and drop a song it stops halfway through and I have to do the dragging and dropping again till it works. Sometimes it acts...

• Not applicable
  • On my end the mouse sometimes behaves very erratically whenever I try to edit a playlist or queue. Sometimes when I try to drag and drop a song it stops halfway through and I have to do the dragging ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Discord Not Displaying Spotify Song As Status

Plan: Premium StudentCountry: USA Device2017 Macbook ProOperating SystemNewest iOS. My Question or IssueI've linked my Spotify account to Discord to display my current listening as my Discord status. However, I have had no success. It worked in the p...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Student Country: USA   Device 2017 Macbook Pro Operating System Newest iOS.   My Question or Issue I've linked my Spotify account to Discord to display my curren...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Discord
    not working
    Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Jumps to unknown playlist

So recently I have had the issue where after a random amount of time listening to my music on my computer, Spotify will stop what ever playlist I am listening, and play the same few songs over and over. I have no Idea what these songs are, I never li...

• Visitor
  • So recently I have had the issue where after a random amount of time listening to my music on my computer, Spotify will stop what ever playlist I am listening, and play the same few songs over and ov...
  • Xenia
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Desktop App Turning on Camera

So, almost every time I open the Spotify desktop app and play a song on my windows computer the camera turns on. My computer notifies me of this on-screen and the camera light turns on. When I close Spotify, I get a notification that my camera has tu...

• Visitor
  • So, almost every time I open the Spotify desktop app and play a song on my windows computer the camera turns on. My computer notifies me of this on-screen and the camera light turns on. When I close ...
  • giffelfar
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify no longer able to connect to Audiocast Device

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiphone & Windows PC My Question or Issue Starting today, Spotify can no longer connect to Audiocast wifi devices from any device (iphone / win PC). I am able to cast other apps to the Audiocast with no issues, and able to ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iphone & Windows PC   My Question or Issue   Starting today, Spotify can no longer connect to Audiocast wifi devices from any device (iphone / wi...
  • askeptic
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Skips All Tracks

Spotify plays fine on my phone and has on my computer til today. I try to play a playlist and it skips to the next song then the next and the next and so on until the end and it says "spotify cant play this right now".I've reinstalled a few times, up...

• Regular
  • Spotify plays fine on my phone and has on my computer til today. I try to play a playlist and it skips to the next song then the next and the next and so on until the end and it says "spotify ca...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Constantly Crashing

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceDell LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify constantly crashes on my computer, sometimes it'll last a few days, sometimes a few seconds, but at some point, it always just closes itself out. I've tried...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA   Device Dell Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify constantly crashes on my computer, sometimes it'll last a few day...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Why ı can't see Cover image of the part

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI can see the cover art of the piece on the site, but it does not appear in the application.

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I can s...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Stop the sync between devices

I want to prevent Spotify synchronizing between the devices I use. When I'm in the office of in the car I like to listen to certain songs, but while I'm at home on my desktop I want to listen to different sort of music.Please do not suggest use playl...

• Visitor
  • I want to prevent Spotify synchronizing between the devices I use. When I'm in the office of in the car I like to listen to certain songs, but while I'm at home on my desktop I want to listen to diff...
  • piotreksf
  • 11 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 23 likes

Superuser Contribution Music Refuses to Play

PlanPremiumCountryUnitedStatesDeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen opening spotify earlier today i noticed i couldnt download a certain song. I removed the song from my playlist and re added it, didnt work. i tried rein...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country UnitedStates Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When opening spotify earlier today i noticed i couldnt download a certain...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

adding a song to a collaborative playlist doesn't work in the desktop app

The desktop app doesn't let me add songs to a collaborative playlist (CD Baby Mixtape). I click on the playlist icon to add a song and nothing happens. But adding to my own playlist works. And adding a song to the collaborative playlist with the ipho...

• Casual Listener
  • The desktop app doesn't let me add songs to a collaborative playlist (CD Baby Mixtape). I click on the playlist icon to add a song and nothing happens. But adding to my own playlist works. And adding...
  • eltoch
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes