I can simultaneously playing diferent songs on PC and smartphone.

I can simultaneously playing diferent songs on PC and smartphone.

Marcin_Max
Regular

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

(Blackberry Passport and Windows 10)

Operating System

(BlackBerry Os 10)

My Question or Issue

Ok, so I have very strange issue with playing music from Spotify. Right now I can play songs from my phone and as well from the PC at the same time. And it's not even the same songs, this works totaly separate from each other. I can play diferent songs, stop it at the same time. But can't control my device. Is it a bug or a feature? :v

19 Replies

Re: I can simultaneously playing diferent songs on PC and smartphone.

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @Marcin_Max 

I'd suggest making sure you're logged into the same account on both devices. It sounds like you have 2 different Spotify accounts for each device, that's why you can play different songs simultaneously. :)

You should also be able to see and control the other device in your Spotify Connect, when you're logged in with the same account on both devices.

You can use this article's help to find out what Spotify accounts you have. :)

Let me know how it goes!

SebastyRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

HeroOfOlympus
Regular

I have same problem. Even more Spotify Connect isn't working with Desktop App on that PC and Web Player works. BUT it's working with Web Player and Destkop Player on other PC, and with my Android phone. Whatever if they are connected with Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi and cable but to same router. And I'm 100% sure they are all connected to same account. I'm struggling with this error for like 3 months or even more. Soo to add up I have android device, and second PC which works fine, but on my main PC Desktop App is playing simultaneously to other and Spotify Connect doesn't work, however Web Player works fine on this. Really weird.

Marcin_Max
Regular

It shouldn't but it does :v Everything is just fine. I have one premium account and I never switched to any other profile. Also, when it happens Last.fm won't scrobble anything. And I dont have any songs downloaded also. 

Marcin_Max
Regular

Try reinstaling your app. 
Also, try cleanin all files, including AppData folder which is hidden by default. 

If it's not gonna help, I dont have any more ideas right now :D 

HeroOfOlympus
Regular

I already did all of that. When I delete destkop app it's working until next reset of it. I've uninstalled it, deleted app in %appdata%, reseted router, connected with Wi-Fi or from my phone. I've log out on all devices from website. I've even two 1h talks with Spotify support XD. We were testing on Test Account and same result. Stopped working after app reset. Idk how to fix it. It's because of ports or what?

Marcin_Max
Regular

I can only suppose, that it have something in common with logging via facebook account. I can observe it sometimes also on my phone. It's like using spotify offline, with songs downloaded, but still conected to the internet. I dunno. 

HeroOfOlympus
Regular

I've disconnected account with FB and log out everywhere. Nope still exists :(

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @HeroOfOlympus and @Marcin_Max 

You mentioned Spotify Connect not working on a specific device (a PC).

I'd suggest trying out the host file tip described in this Answer article. It could be that the hosts file on that particular PC has addresses related to Spotify and that causes the Spotify client to malfunction.

Some antivirus programs may do the same, so if hosts file is empy, try disabling the AV programs to see if that changes anything.

Let me know how you get on!

SebastyRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

HeroOfOlympus
Regular

Any of this solve this issue. There is no that kind of record in a hosts file and turning off AV (Windows Defender) or Firewall doesn't help.

SUGGESTED POSTS