Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Song Distortion/Robotic vocals

For some reason, desktop spotify makes my songs sound distorted, with the vocals sounding robotic. This only occurs on desktop spotify, with every song I play. I'm currently on a premium plan and using Windows 10. I've already looked on Google for a ...

• For some reason, desktop spotify makes my songs sound distorted, with the vocals sounding robotic. This only occurs on desktop spotify, with every song I play. I'm currently on a premium plan and usi...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Doesn't let windows sleep

The app has a System power request still which doesn't allow windows to sleep when prompted to. I have seen this issue has been ongoing for years

• The app has a System power request still which doesn't allow windows to sleep when prompted to. I have seen this issue has been ongoing for years
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Cannot like / remove like for local files

PlanPremiumCountryUS / JapanDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 11Spotify for Windows1.1.67.586.gbb5ef64e My Question or IssueLook at the screenshots:1. Not all music in "Liked Songs" playlist has a heart icon.2. If I right click on those files, ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US / Japan Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 11 Spotify for Windows 1.1.67.586.gbb5ef64e   My Question or Issue Look at the screenshots: 1. Not all mus...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify glitches out every few seconds

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I stream songs on pc, it glitches out every few seconds. I assumed this issue was either due to a slow drive or internet connection but even though all my songs are downl...

• Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I stream songs on pc, it glitches out every few seconds. I assumed this issue was either due t...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Slow list of playlists scrolling speed while holding a playlist

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAfter one of the updates this year, scrolling through list of all playlists while holding a playlist has been unbearably slow. Before, depending on how close you held...

•   Plan Premium Country Poland Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue After one of the updates this year, scrolling through list of all playlists while ...
  • tozzart
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

How to make spotify continue the order of the last queued song?

Is there a way to make spotify continue with the playlist order of the last queued song instead of always going back to the order of the song that played before clearing the queue list?

• Is there a way to make spotify continue with the playlist order of the last queued song instead of always going back to the order of the song that played before clearing the queue list?
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Change dateformat in playlists

Plan: PremiumCountry: NetherlandsDevice: Dell XPS15Operating System: Windows 10 Home My Question or Issue:I noticed the date format is YYYY-MM-DD and I would like to change it to DD-MM-YY(YY) so it actually makes sense,or maybe it could just use what...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan: Premium Country: Netherlands Device: Dell XPS15 Operating System: Windows 10 Home   My Question or Issue: I noticed the date format is YYYY-MM-DD and I would like...
  • crostine
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Playlists
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to play songs, have tried everything

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceWindows 10 PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I try to play any song on the Spotify app on my PC it says its unavailable and its all greyed out, I have tried going through my fire wall, logg...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Windows 10 PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whenever I try to play any song on the Spotify app on my PC it says its unava...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song timeline is broken since latest update when using Spotify Connect

Hello, I've updated all my desktop apps and mobile app on my Android device to the latest this morning. I'm using Spotify connect all the time, to cast on a laptop plugged in on my sound system. Since the update, the spotify connect works as usual, b...

• Regular
  • Hello,  I've updated all my desktop apps and mobile app on my Android device to the latest this morning.   I'm using Spotify connect all the time, to cast on a laptop plugged in on my so...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 18 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Premium Subscription Ad Blocked Access to Spotify

Windows 10, Laptop I am using desktop app, Free Plan on my laptop and recently I was logged out. When logging in, the pop up for Premium Subscription greyed out all other areas and there are no options to skip or close the pop up. I cannot access the...

SmartSelect_20210904-201755_WhatsApp.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Windows 10, Laptop I am using desktop app, Free Plan on my laptop and recently I was logged out. When logging in, the pop up for Premium Subscription greyed out all other areas and there are no opt...
  • Eggysssy
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Make the Green Heart Icon stay SOLID GREEN when liking songs.

The green 'like' heart icons used to remain a solid green after you clicked them. Now they flash green and then disappear. This means you have no way of knowing at a glance if you've already liked a song or not. I have always used it to 'like' tracks...

• Casual Listener
  • The green 'like' heart icons used to remain a solid green after you clicked them. Now they flash green and then disappear.   This means you have no way of knowing at a glance if you've already...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Bug: Sort order not honored

Application: Spotify Windows 1.1.65.643.g2d707698-a Issue: When you set a sort order for a podcast (say oldest to newest rather than the default newest to oldest), it sorts as expected. When you exit the application and relaunch it, going to that pod...

• Casual Listener
  • Application:  Spotify Windows 1.1.65.643.g2d707698-a   Issue:  When you set a sort order for a podcast (say oldest to newest rather than the default newest to oldest), it sorts as ex...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • App & Features
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Networking and Spotify Connect

PlanPremiumCountryEurope DeviceDesktop PC Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo I have one modem/router, and then a Google Wifi system. Now with phones and tablets Spotify Connect is no problem. But with my PC using cable to the modem/rou...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Europe   Device Desktop PC   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So I have one modem/router, and then a Google Wifi system. Now with pho...
  • stefanw1337
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Your Library] Creating folders or more organization for music

As a crazy playlist maker, I have no way to organize the things I am creating. When you have so many of them, it makes it really hard to navigate and it just feels so messy. I feel like if I could organize it better for myself, then I would be happie...

• Visitor
  • As a crazy playlist maker, I have no way to organize the things I am creating. When you have so many of them, it makes it really hard to navigate and it just feels so messy. I feel like if I could or...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Desktop
    Your Library
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Your Library][Artist] Slow loading time when scrolling

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10 Since the last UX update scrolling down in the your library-> artists view is slow and get stuck when I reach the end of the latest batch of artists loaded.Before the update I could scroll down with no problem to...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10   Since the last UX update scrolling down in the your library-> artists view is slow and get stuck when I reach the end of the latest batch of ar...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    newUX
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Your Library] Remove library lazy loading and cache a users library

IMO the lazy loading has significantly degraded the spotify desktop experience. I understand the appeal on Spotify's end due to the enormous amount of traffic spotify receives, however I'd suggest implementing a cache to store the users library and j...

• Casual Listener
  • IMO the lazy loading has significantly degraded the spotify desktop experience.   I understand the appeal on Spotify's end due to the enormous amount of traffic spotify receives, however I'd s...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Your Library
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify crashing randomly

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm currently experiencing a problem that seems almost too common for me with Spotify, its to the point where I can only get the program to open for about 15-20 s...

• Regular
  •   Plan Free Country United States Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm currently experiencing a problem that seems almost too common for me with ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • crashes
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Scrolling up to find first track on the table

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDeviceDell InspironOperating SystemWindows10 My Question or IssueHello.I have noticed, that in table with ...

• Roadie
  •   None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device Dell Inspiron Operating Syst...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stopped reacting to Multi Media keyboard after new version

Premium - Belgium - PC - Win 10 - Spotify for Windows - 1.1.67.586.gbb5ef64e Since auto install of most recent version ( a few moments ago) spotify does not react to multimedia keys on my keyboard.Play/Pause, Next Song / Previous Song.It used to work...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium - Belgium - PC - Win 10 - Spotify for Windows - 1.1.67.586.gbb5ef64e   Since auto install of most recent version ( a few moments ago) spotify does not react to multimedia keys on my ke...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Album Cover Resolution

Hey everyone, the desktop app (windows 10) is recently acting weird. The album cover at the bottom left is low quality and I don't know why.

• Composer
  • Hey everyone, the desktop app (windows 10) is recently acting weird. The album cover at the bottom left is low quality and I don't know why.
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes