Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Superuser Contribution Older songs becoming re added randomly throughout playlist

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone 10Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueRecently I have been experiencing the issue where older songs within my playlist are having their dates becoming bumped up as if I had just added them.

•   Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone 10 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Recently I have been experiencing the issue where older songs within my playlist...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound in Spotify for Windows 10

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceLenovo P51Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI am opening yet another "no sound" issue because none of the other topics provided any solution. This happens at random but very frequently, and when Spotify beco...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Lenovo P51 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am opening yet another "no sound" issue because none of the other topics provided any...
  • grammophone
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceWindows 10 Desktop, Android Samsung Galaxy s9+ My Question or IssueSuddenly on all devices I get the error "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it". nothing has changed, m...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device Windows 10 Desktop, Android Samsung Galaxy s9+   My Question or Issue Suddenly on all devices I get the error "Spotify can't play this right now. ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify "interface" issue

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo , when i log in i see a new design on the app that i will include a pricture so you guys can see , and the design remove's a lot of features for example , the da...

• Not applicable
  • Plan Premium Country Portugal Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So , when i log in i see a new design on the app that i will include a pricture so you g...
  • DevilEars
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop app not working

Hi,I'm having trouble with my Spotify app on Windows 10, on both my work and home PCs, since January 2020.I've been on to Spotify Help via Twitter and we've gone through all the reset, reinstall, run as administrator options but still no luck.The app...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm having trouble with my Spotify app on Windows 10, on both my work and home PCs, since January 2020. I've been on to Spotify Help via Twitter and we've gone through all the reset, reinstall,...
  • iashelford
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Strange search result

When I search for Tan Dun (a chinese composer who is present on Spotify) and add to the search string a title of one of his pieces (prayer and blessing) I get only one result: a podcast by Mahmoud Ali Al banna. That is weird!! PlanFree/PremiumCountry...

Knipsel.JPG
  • Casual Listener
  • When I search for Tan Dun (a chinese composer who is present on Spotify) and add to the search string a title of one of his pieces (prayer and blessing) I get only one result: a podcast by Mahmoud Al...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows Desktop Picture Issues

I have been trying to upload a profile picture and/or a playlist picture on my Spotify. I have the latest version of windows and I downloaded Spotify from both Spotify.com and the windows app store. I'm honestly out of things to do, please help. Belo...

• Visitor
  • I have been trying to upload a profile picture and/or a playlist picture on my Spotify. I have the latest version of windows and I downloaded Spotify from both Spotify.com and the windows app store. ...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Dislike Function

I have Spotify Premium in the UK. I use it on my phone (Android) and my Desktop App (Windows 10). The desktop app does not have the 'dislike' function for when the 'made for you' daily playlist selects a song that you don't like, and do not want to h...

• I have Spotify Premium in the UK. I use it on my phone (Android) and my Desktop App (Windows 10). The desktop app does not have the 'dislike' function for when the 'made for you' daily playlist selec...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify aint loud enough

PlanPremiumCountryGreeceDeviceCustom PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI am trying to get spotify to be a bit more loud but the volume does not go as high as i would like it to go

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Greece Device Custom PC Operating System Windows 10     My Question or Issue I am trying to get spotify to be a bit more loud but the volume does not go as h...
  • Satan_
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Cannot open app

I moved Spotify to my HDD to create space. When I tried starting it up, the app wouldn't load. I then uninstalled completely and reinstalled, still not opening. I tried moving the app to C:\Program Files (x86) , still no luck.

• Casual Listener
  • I moved Spotify to my HDD to create space. When I tried starting it up, the app wouldn't load. I then uninstalled completely and reinstalled, still not opening. I tried moving the app to C:\Prog...
  • webshite
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify pc

Hola, tengo un problema cuando trato de manipular el spotify pc con mi celular se corta la música y no reproduce nada de lo que uno le pide. Alguna solución para esto

• Hola, tengo un problema cuando trato de manipular el spotify pc con mi celular se corta la música y no reproduce nada de lo que uno le pide. Alguna solución para esto 
  • Mario
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify crashes sometimes when I select a song

PlanPremium FamilyCountryChileDeviceHP LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 And when I open Spotify again, the login page shows up. However, clicking around or minimizing the Spotify page solves this.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family Country Chile Device HP Laptop Operating System Windows 10   And when I open Spotify again, the login page shows up.  However, clicking around or minimizing the...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows App doesn't update song while using Spotify Connect

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceWindows 10 ComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I'm listening to Spotify via Spotify Connect on another device, the Windows app fails to keep the current song. All my other devices that ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Windows 10 Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whenever I'm listening to Spotify via Spotify Connect on another device...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Followed playlist not updating on desktop

PlanPremium Family AccountCountryUnited StatesDeviceDell laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueA playlist that I follow does not have the most up-to-date version on the web player. When I look at it on the web player, 4 hours of songs ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family Account Country United States Device Dell laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue A playlist that I follow does not have the most up-to-date versi...
  • Mwilkosz
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution 100% Disk at Startup

PlanPremium CountryUSA Device(Desktop) Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or Issue:Every time I launch Spotify my computer is pretty much frozen for up to a minute. I have local files turned off (all my music is from Spotify). I opened the task...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country USA   Device (Desktop)   Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue: Every time I launch Spotify my computer is pretty much frozen fo...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Talk about Deja Vu!

5 years ago I found a hack on the internet which meant I could use the Free v0.9.15.27 version and prevent it auto-updating because everybody was complaining about features being missing in the new versions and it being generally worse each time. I h...

• Music Fan
  • 5 years ago I found a hack on the internet which meant I could use the Free v0.9.15.27 version and prevent it auto-updating because everybody was complaining about features being missing in the new v...
  • simmotech-premi
  • Music Fan
  • 15 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution BUG: Drag and Drop upwards in Playlist doesn't scroll

v1.1.34.694Drag and Drop in a playlist correctly scrolls at the bottom (albeit very slowly) but doesn't at the top.This is a bug pure and simple.

• Music Fan
  • v1.1.34.694 Drag and Drop in a playlist correctly scrolls at the bottom (albeit very slowly) but doesn't at the top. This is a bug pure and simple.
  • CarlosE
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung ion LaptopOperating SystemWindows My Question or IssueI recently changed my laptop so I downloaded Spotify again. When I tried to play a dong there would be a notice that says "Spotify can't play this right now. If y...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Samsung ion Laptop Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue I recently changed my laptop so I downloaded Spotify again. When I tried to play a don...
  • Guilherme091
  • Visitor
  • 22 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution No aparece ninguna cancion, album vacios

PlanFreeCountryPeruOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueTengo problemas con el app de spotify para windows 10. Los albums salen vacios, sin canciones. Todas las playlist me aparecen vacias. Algunas canciones que aparecen, no se reproducen, s...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Peru Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Tengo problemas con el app de spotify para windows 10. Los albums salen vacios, sin canciones. Todas las playlist me apa...
  • Mario
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t log into desktop Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDell laptop My Question or IssueMy Spotify was going offline for a couple of days even though I was connected to WiFi. I tried turning the laptop off and on again and nothing happened so I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotif...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device Dell laptop   My Question or Issue My Spotify was going offline for a couple of days even though I was connected to WiFi. I tried turning the lap...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes