Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ipanasenko
  • 77 replies
  • 27 likes
  • 77 replies
  • 27 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rednblu
  • Roadie
  • 271 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 271 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution azeriaaaa

PlanDuoCountry - The Netherlands   Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFriend activity completely empty and greyed out and claiming I must "enable my listening activity" to see what my friends are listening to. I have that setting enabled ...

2021-12-21 07_47_17-Window.png sgxghbsd.JPG
  • Music Fan
  •   Plan Duo Country - The Netherlands      Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Friend activity completely empty and greyed out and claiming I must "en...
  • unclerk
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Radio And Friend Feed Are Missing. I've Tried A Reinstall. Why?

Plan Premium Country BR Device (PC) Operating System (Windows 10) My Question or Issue My radio just doesn't work, and my "friends activity" doesn't work either, i have already reinstalled but it didn't solve my problem.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  BR Device (PC) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue My radio just doesn't work, and my "friends activity" doesn't work eit...
  • Eni
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Friend Activity
    PC
    Radio
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Search in playlist" prevents audio playback

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 64-bit My Question or IssueUsing the "Search in playlist" feature (Ctrl+F) and searching for characters such as " " (blank space) will cause all further songs clicked by the user to r...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10 64-bit   My Question or Issue Using the "Search in playlist" feature (Ctrl+F) and searching for characters suc...
  • Eni
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend versus Following Activity

There was a discussion that was recently closed about missing people on the Friend Activity feed (Desktop version). Spotify explained the new privacy settings. There may still be debate about if this is the right fix; for example, I can search for fo...

• Music Fan
  • There was a discussion that was recently closed about missing people on the Friend Activity feed (Desktop version). Spotify explained the new privacy settings. There may still be debate about if this...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution wrong cover photo

Please ensure your cover work of Black female artists is accurate. The playlist "are & Be" states that the cover photo is of Alicia Keys. It is not.

• Please ensure your cover work of Black female artists is accurate. The playlist "are & Be" states that the cover photo is of Alicia Keys. It is not.   
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution how to change the output device in 2020 today.

hi guys!how to change the output device in 2020 today.all the old post talking about the changing output device is no longer support.you guys changed the setting in some reason. Please resume the "play back device" function!!!

• Visitor
  • hi guys! how to change the output device in 2020 today. all the old post talking about the changing output device is no longer support. you guys changed the setting in some reason.   Please...
  • torriz
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Friend activity only showing two friends

PlanFreeCountryUSAOperating SystemWindows 10 Friends Activity is only showing two friends and won't update when I unfollow/refollow the missing ones. I know all the missing friends are active and have activity sharing on because I was able to see all...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country USA Operating System Windows 10   Friends Activity is only showing two friends and won't update when I unfollow/refollow the missing ones. I know all the missing friends...
  • CarlosE
  • 11 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Spotify widget on volume change Windows 10

Anybody know how to get rid of the Spotify widget that appears next to the on-screen volume indicator when adjusting volume? It's very annoying.

• Music Fan
  • Anybody know how to get rid of the Spotify widget that appears next to the on-screen volume indicator when adjusting volume? It's very annoying.  
  • dorisgonzalezu
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] Move songs within the playlist

Since the very last update (last couple of days!) I'm no longer able to move songs within my playlist! Pls fix that bug asap!!!

• Casual Listener
  • Since the very last update (last couple of days!) I'm no longer able to move songs within my playlist! Pls fix that bug asap!!!
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify playing doesn't sync on desktop?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePC DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I play something on my phone or my laptop (not the pc I'm having problems with), the desktop app does not register that I am using another device, and on the wor...

•   Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I play something on my phone or my laptop (not the pc I'm having problems wit...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Social tab glitched

Plan: Premium FamilyCountry: India Device: PCOperating System: Windows 11 My Question or Issuemy social tab shows as if its loading the three people I have on there the entire time. i have linked and unlinked facebook. (these are people I followed fr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Family Country: India   Device: PC Operating System: Windows 11   My Question or Issue my social tab shows as if its loading the three people I have on there the e...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution constantly switches to desktop app and has queued music I do not want

PlanPremiumCountryMalalaysiaDevicelaptopOperating Systemwindows 11 My Question or IssueConstantly switches to the desktop app (which I have not installed). How do I stop it from doing this? From somewhere I have queued music by someone I have never h...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Malalaysia Device laptop Operating System windows 11   My Question or Issue Constantly switches to the desktop app (which I have not installed). How do I stop...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • website error
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify is completely blank

DeviceiMac My Question or IssueI open Spotify, and this is all I see. And I am not able to select anyhing in File, Edit etc. I have tried to re-install.

• Music Fan
  • Device iMac    My Question or Issue I open Spotify, and this is all I see. And I am not able to select anyhing in File, Edit etc. I have tried to re-install.
  • eFlatin
  • Music Fan
  • 22 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Certain ads stop playlist and won't continue

PlanFreeCountryCanadaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 ProSpotify VersionSpotify for Windows1.1.70.610.g4585142b Real Canadian Superstore ad (in my case) halts all playlist progress. The ad never loads, and I just get a static image with no video or...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Canada Device PC Operating System Windows 10 Pro Spotify Version Spotify for Windows 1.1.70.610.g4585142b   Real Canadian Superstore ad (in my case) halts all playl...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Free
    freeze
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Not playing a song

My app on windows 10 is not playing any songs. It shows them in the now playing spot for a split second and moves to the next repeatedly. it also throws up a message which i will attach. I have done multiple clean installs and it works in the web bro...

• Casual Listener
  • My app on windows 10 is not playing any songs. It shows them in the now playing spot for a split second and moves to the next repeatedly. it also throws up a message which i will attach. I have done ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Sometimes spotifys background/small window/close buttons does not work

PlanFreeCountryTurkey Operating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueHello! the window buttons on up right does not work sometimes all of the backgroud/small window/close buttons stop responding if i click them very fast window goes small by itse...

• Roadie
  • Plan Free Country Turkey   Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue Hello! the window buttons on up right does not work sometimes all of the backgroud/small window/cl...
  • unclerk
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Skip media key fast forwarding instead of skipping

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I press the Skip media key, the song fast forwards by 5 seconds when Spotify is my active window. When it is not the active window, the Skip button does nothing.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I press the Skip media key, the song fast forwards by 5 seconds when Spotify is my active wind...
  • HyperSprite
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Liked song appears as unliked in daily mix playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceLenovo Legion Y520 15IKBNOperating SystemWindows 10 HomeMy Question or Issue The song 'Gutted' by Burial I liked a while ago, and is saved to my library. I was listening to a Daily Mix and the song appeared in my Daily Mix, ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device Lenovo Legion Y520 15IKBN Operating System Windows 10 Home My Question or Issue   The song 'Gutted' by Burial I liked a while ago, and is saved t...
  • josercampillo
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 10 likes

Error 24 when installing update

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue The latest version of Spotify won't install. I keep getting the following error: "The installer encountered an unknown error. (Error code: 24)" This is preventing me ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   The latest version of Spotify won't install. I keep getting the following error: &...
  • mombassajesus
  • Regular
  • 25 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 25 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] In the Windows 10 app blends don't show that a song was added by both people

Made my first blend using the 2021 wrapped blend thing from the email, and on my android app, some songs are shown as being from both of us, but in the windows 10 app, the "added by" tab only shows one person for each song, so the ones from both of u...

• Made my first blend using the 2021 wrapped blend thing from the email, and on my android app, some songs are shown as being from both of us, but in the windows 10 app, the "added by" tab only shows o...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes